News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Hobbit

Started by whysoserious, September 15, 2012, 04:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whysoserious

Ok, so from the moment I heard this even had a chance of being produced I was ecstatic. Two movies were announced and I became even more like a little schoolgirl. So, when it was announced to be a trilogy i went fucking mental, excuse the French. Seriously, Lord of the Rings was the greatest trilogy of  the previous decade IMO, since Christopher Nolan's Batman finished in the next decade I don't include it, and now Peter Jackson's going to make another trilogy of Middle Earth and I hope it's going to be even better.

From reading the books, I personally think that the Lord of the Rings story is a hell of a lot better but I really do think that Jackson is going to pull something great out of the bag and I hope he does for my childhood to be reborn. That's all I want to say, for now.

Jennifer

I have a feeling that the story is going to get scraped thin over three movies. Two, I can see, but the Hobbit is NOT a big book. Does it need three movies of content? ...Honestly, I don't really think so. My cynic says that there might be some cashing in. I just have a bad feeling about it. Looked amazing at first glance, now I'm just like "Hm."

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Adam Wrong

Martin Freeman, Jimmy Nesbitt and Aiden Turner are in it. This makes me happy

jagilki

I believe a lot of the stuff just mentioned in passing in the book is giving more screentime in the movie.

whysoserious

Oh yeah definitely the book is being completely squeezed of all its magical juices. But seriously for huge fans, I think that's what they want to see. Like when I read Lord of the Rings, after watching the movies, there was loads of stuff I though should have been in there. Hopefully, there'll be none of that.

Tezmission Black

And not to mention they are doing it as if Bilbo is telling the story to Frodo, so who knows how many cut in's they will do of Bilbo being interrupted by Frodo or things of that nature.

jagilki

Quote from: Al Black Rose on September 17, 2012, 03:50:47 AM
And not to mention they are doing it as if Bilbo is telling the story to Frodo, so who knows how many cut in's they will do of Bilbo being interrupted by Frodo or things of that nature.

THE RINGWRAITHS BRIDE!!!!!

"I am Bilbo Baggins, you killed my Gaffer, prepare to die!"

whysoserious

Yeah I think the rumours that they will be possibly adding in things from other Middle Earth stories or just purely for film comes from the fact that it is a story being told that can be interrupted.

Snap

But don't expect any of that material to come from books which aren't The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings, as they can only adapt what they have the rights to adapt so anything from The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales is off limits.

I've heard that material from the Lord of the Ring appendices which may potentially bridge Lord of the Ring and The Hobbit may be expanded upon.

whysoserious

Ah right, I did not know what rights they had. I assume now then that some of the material will have to written for the movies, but I've been wrong before.

jagilki

Yeah, Christopher has basically said "Fuck you" concerning Unfinished Tale and the Silmarillion.

Tezmission Black

Knowing Peter Jackson he'll just have Bilbo begin to tell him the story of the time he helped the transformers save middle earth.