News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Triple threat match

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, November 02, 2009, 06:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Who is the best artist in your opinion?

Please leave a comment on why you chose.

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

! JDM The Professional !

Its such a hard question, but I have chosen Bob Dylan simply because of his excellent music, not to mention the numerous awards he has won during his long career.

Regards,

Jordan

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Excaligore

I don't know much who Leonard Cohen is but the choice between the other two involves who annoys the piss out of me less... I think Cash wins there.

Rob

I voted Dylan because I've listened to his music extensively in the last few months, but I am still a huge Johnny Cash fan.

Leonard Cohen, I'm not so big on but I know he's a great songwriter, after-all he did write the original Hallelujah song and it had something like 70 verses originally.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Tim-Æ

Cash and Dylan are considerably overrated, while Leo is considerably underrated. Despite this, I prefer Bob Dylan.

! JDM The Professional !

Good match so far.

Will be interesting to see who pulls of the victory.

Regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

TheOuotcastLegendTheWolf

Well, in one corner, you've got someone who is mostly known for writing one song that was covered by another artist who many out there think kicked the original's ass (Cohen the song being "Hallelujah") The corner to my right is a man who is mostly known as a killer songwriter who mumbles constantly but still reaches a HUGE audience, who ALSO has a song that was covered by another artist that surpasses the original (Dylan. The Song being "All Along The Watchtower" which HE EVEN CLAIMS was better the way Hendrix played it!) And in the corner to my left you have a man who crossed many musical boundries on the way to a legendary career that crossed from Country to rock and roll and back again, who also was a man who covered other peoples songs. IMHO BUTCHERING an already classic song (Cash, the song being Nine Inch Nails "Hurt". I understadn WHY he did it, but it makes my ears bleed and I don't understand why NIN fans and Trent himself, prefer Cash's garbage version).

That being said, it's Cash in a LANDSLIDE! Dylan put out a lot of differnet styles of music, but always had that hard to understand vocal style that I just cant get past, and Choen is great, but not really my cup of tea in comparison. The Man in Black crossed into Rock-N-Roll and didn't even flinch!

Alex Smiley

I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run. I voted Cash a while back, lol

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.