News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Two most UNDER RATED actors in the last 30 years!

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, March 01, 2010, 04:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

In my opinion, there are two men who are so underrated that I had to make a thread about it!

1. Jeff Bridges - This man has more talent in his left testicle then 99% of Americas actors... a bit exaggerated :D

2. Gary Oldman- this man is also highly talented, executing each role with such excellence that in so many cases has stolen the movies he is only a co-star in.

These are just two short reasons on why these guys are so highly rated in my books,

I want to hear your opinions on them.

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Bryan Payne

Morgan Freeman  should be considered one of the greatest actors of his generation but he usually isn't.

Alan Rickman  (the fact that I have to say "the bad guy from die hard" for people to know who I mean.... says it all)

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Bryan Payne on March 01, 2010, 04:47:14 AM
Morgan Freeman  should be considered one of the greatest actors of his generation but he usually isn't.

Alan Rickman  (the fact that I have to say "the bad guy from die hard Harry Potter" for people to know who I mean.... says it all)

Fixed

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Fnord

GARY OLDMAN IS THE BOMB!  Loved him for a long time!  He was awesome againt Leon in The Professional (My fav. movie!)

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Gary

Have to agree with Jeff Bridges and Gary Oldman...watch Sid and Nancy for a great Oldman performance.

As for Morgan Freeman he isnt underrated the guy is given great publicity, has an Oscar..i think he doesn't quite fit the underrated title.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Rob

Alan Rickman is very under rated I think. He was awesome in Die Hard.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Gary

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Black Death

"By Rackdor Hammer , by the Sons of Warband , You will be avenged!!!!"

Great flick   also  Kurt Russell ... is very under-rated actor ,  come look at his work  , Elvis ,  the thing ,  countless others   the man even has Goldie Hawn for his woman ,  Kurt Russell is the man
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Exile

Gary Oldman yes, Jeff Bridges....no. Bridges has now 6 nominations to his name and will surely get his first win. Thats the definition of not being underrated.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Lemke on March 01, 2010, 10:16:06 PM
Gary Oldman yes, Jeff Bridges....no. Bridges has now 6 nominations to his name and will surely get his first win. Thats the definition of not being underrated.

Bridges is underrated...

When you hear the majority of people talking about the 'good' actors of the world, he is barely mentioned for he is so overlooked.

The key word is nominations, he has never had the Oscar win to solidify him as a 'great actor' although I don't believe an Oscar proves that IMO.

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Exile

See I can contest that though, maybe I have an insiders perspective here because im SUCH a movie geek but like when a movie comes out and its jeff bridges, there is an air of credibility that gets lended to that film. I think you are looking at the wrong aspects of it, I think being underrated means that you can't command a movie because people dont associate greatness with you. Its silly to try to make an arbitrary argument saying that hes not mentioned with the great actors, instead look at what weight his name carries to a movie when you see it above the title.  You can easily say, oh right that jeff bridges movie. but rarely if ever will you hear someone say, oh right that gary oldman film.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Lemke on March 01, 2010, 10:43:04 PM
See I can contest that though, maybe I have an insiders perspective here because im SUCH a movie geek but like when a movie comes out and its jeff bridges, there is an air of credibility that gets lended to that film. I think you are looking at the wrong aspects of it, I think being underrated means that you can't command a movie because people dont associate greatness with you. Its silly to try to make an arbitrary argument saying that hes not mentioned with the great actors, instead look at what weight his name carries to a movie when you see it above the title.  You can easily say, oh right that jeff bridges movie. but rarely if ever will you hear someone say, oh right that gary oldman film.

I see what you mean mate,

in that sense yes he isn't overrated.
your right about that

But in other aspects of the same point your bringing across, Bridges is clearly one of the greatest actors of our time, yet there is still so many actors out there with not even half the skill of him that get more recognition for their work and are much better known. This may just be my personal opinion, but its the way I have been lead to think.

Never the less, your opinion is both wise and very valid Lemke, you made an excellent point. Good stuff mate. Oldman is much more underrated then Bridges. Very true indeed. cheers/

Regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Tim-Æ

Exile

now THEY are underrated. Though Brolin is making his way up there. He headlined W but that was "The Oliver Stone" movie and this year hes got True Grit which of course is "the Cohen Brothers" movie and Jonah Hex which is "that one movie with megan fox."

I would add.......

Tim Roth, Sam Rockwell, and for the ladies side Toni Collette, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Viola Davis

Black Death

Quote from: Lemke on March 02, 2010, 01:21:41 AM
now THEY are underrated. Though Brolin is making his way up there. He headlined W but that was "The Oliver Stone" movie and this year hes got True Grit which of course is "the Cohen Brothers" movie and Jonah Hex which is "that one movie with megan fox."

I would add.......

Tim Roth, Sam Rockwell, and for the ladies side Toni Collette, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Viola Davis

agree with the above statement ... sam rockwell  is great talent , i seen this movie he was in called "Moon"  he did a great job in it .   Tim Roth ... fuck watch Four Rooms and you see a great talent at work
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"