News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"The Walking Dead" (Spoilers)

Started by Marq, October 25, 2010, 02:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quadzilla

I love this show. Zombies are a big favourite of mine and this is superb.

I avoid this thread like the plague however as I'm watching it on FX HD over here and it doesn't air until Friday after it gets shown in the US.

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Ok it’s time to be honest here (clears throat)

I want to like this show more than I am liking it at the moment...there I said it.

You take away some wicked special effects and what not and here is what I feel left with...

1. I haven't felt drama or compelled by anything since episode 2 maybe? I really think Rick found his family way too quickly into Season 1 and I would have liked to have seen a split in the adventures taking place. One by Rick and maybe the father/son he came across and then on the flip side the other camp. This would also for me create a lot more tension when Rick arrives on the scene maybe at the end of Season 1 and a deeper relationship would have kicked off between his wife and his buddy...maybe even his son would have a stronger relationship with Shane.

2. Andrew Lincoln is a British actor for those not in the know and was tremendous in the 90s with 'This Life' which in itself was a top class program, he was also not half bad in 'Teachers' in this show I find him fucking wank to be honest. His accent is poor as hell and seems very strained and I have no real reason to be emotionally invested in his character because he has found what he was looking for by like episode 3 or whatever he was.

3. The cast in fact as a whole with the exception of Jeffrey DeMunn who is always stellar and a passable performance from Jon Bernthal for me has TOTALLY under performed. I just couldn’t give a shit when they lose members or whatever.

4. The last episode was kind of the tip of the what the fuck for me. Firstly, I quite like some of the stuff Noah Emmerich has been in before like hit movies such as ‘Truman Show’ and ‘Copland’...I was hoping they would invest more in his character than basically ONE EPISODE and I felt like I was watching a rehashed version of ‘I am Legend’ only a version which sucked balls. On top of this was the explosion at the end...after Rick gets them out of a medical facility which windows are bomb proof but can’t get around a fucking hand grenade...they get about 45 yards from the facility if that...and NONE of their shitty transporters or RVs or jeeps seem at all damaged by the blast which looks like something major and subsequently should be. I am sure someone will come up with some smart arsed reason on WHY this was the case...but it just doesn’t work for me.

I do not want to give up on this show and won’t because I like zombie flicks, but I just feel like I am watching a horribly weaved together TV show of ’28 days later’, ‘I am Legend’ and ‘The Stand’ rolled into one with shitty acting and seemingly rushed plot lines. With it only being 6 episodes for Season 1, I really think developing the characters should have been the main focus of this season with a cliff hanger of maybe Rick stumbling across his wife and kid to finish the Season to make us come back for more.

More than likely what I am saying is going to be VERY UNPOPULAR...but what the hell. I am not totally on this bandwagon yet.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Gary

In defense of the show, the way it was written and structured that way is because AMC apparently didnt have that much faith in the show, one of the reasons season 1 was only 6 episodes instead of the usual 13. I bet in Season 2 something happens to split the groups apart and get Rick away from his family.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.