News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Euro U21s

Started by Jerry McClean, June 11, 2011, 03:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry McClean

Anyone going to be watching the tournament? Not all nations have gone down the route of not sending their full internationals so there are some really good players on display. I'm hoping for a really exciting tournament and to single out some potential FM11 or even FM12 signings >_>

Flins.

Has anyone been watching these? Englands future is looking bleak  :-[

Was almost as bad a showing as our last World Cup. The tournament is pretty much Spain's, as most would've predicted since they brought Juan Mata, Adrian, Capel and De Gea that are starters for their teams and capped at senior level. The Swiss have some promosing players too, look out for their national team at the next World Cup/Euros when the likes of Shaqiri & Emeghara are getting into their prime.

Jerry McClean

Not great viewing from an English perspective. There ARE some decent looking players though who can hopefully grow into a senior role. Apart from the last 5 or so minutes the defence looked strong at least.

Flins.

Yeah, Smalling & Jones looked good, they are both great on the ball for CB's. I think our weakest players were Mancienne & Henderson, they gave the ball far too often, and Hendersons movement & vision in midfield is really poor, no idea how he is valued so highly.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I think we are going to have to lump it lads as I don't see this generation being able to deliver jack shit apart from front page headlines about their sex, drugs and page 3 shaggings.

What this country would do for a bit of International silverwear!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Smash INC

Quote from: Bill-E Mitchell on June 20, 2011, 05:58:05 PM
I think we are going to have to lump it lads as I don't see this generation being able to deliver jack shit apart from front page headlines about their sex, drugs and page 3 shaggings.

What this country would do for a bit of International silverwear!

Simple, we'd do anything but stop shagging page 3 stunnas, boozing it up in Soho and making headlines for being a massive cunt. Go England!

On an unrelated note, I'm actually looking forward to the Women's World Cup starting in a few days. The standard has gone up a lot in the last few years and this is the closest we'll probably see any England team winning a "major" trophy.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Its pretty sad really, as a former rugby player to a relatively decent standard, I cant stand watching it regularly...however I can see why a shit ton of my mates prefer rugger over football and most of it is down to the passion that our players seem to have playing for their country.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jerry McClean

Did England not win the U17 world cup or Euros fairly recently beating Spain 2-0 in the final? I thought it was mentioned on commentary in the first match. We're also the only team to qualify for the U21s tournament just gone three times in a row. So there should be some decent players there...just none good enough to help us win a senior trophy.

Rob

Nope, they've not won either I believe...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Smash INC

Cory

.....one of the greatest moments in Canadian soccer history

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE