News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Europa League Draw

Started by Adam Wrong, March 19, 2010, 03:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Wrong

After their fucking awesome win last night, Fulham's reward is a match against German Champions

Liverpool have been given a match at Portugese giants Benfica who arseraped Everton 5-0 in the stages.

Victory for the reds will see Rafa go home to face either Athletico Madrid of Valencia with whom he won La Liga and the then titled UEFA Cup.

Victory for Fulham will see them face either Hamburg who incidentally host the final or Belgian outfit Standard Liege

Full Draw
Fulham v Wolfsburg

Hamburg v Standard Liege

Valencia v Atletico Madrid

Benfica v Liverpool

For me I see us getting to the final now with the belief and buoyancy of beating the cup-holders Shaktar Donetsk and juve in impressive fashion I am banking on a Fulham Valencia final

Cory

Tough call. Wolfsberg striker Dzeko is a beast, all depends how well Hanglend can match up, but should be a close one.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Adam Wrong

Everybody raved about Diego and Aaron Hughes shut him out all night last night. Wolfsberg has a defence considerably weaker than the Juve defence albeit younger. Bobby can terrorise them.

What sets us apart from most of the other teams at this stage is we technically have 1 lone striker at the moment but our midfield all move into the striker role at some point during the match. Dempsey, Simon Davies and Gera are all crackshots in front of goal and with Duff and now murphy eligible to play again I think we are in a better position than against Juve,

I would prefer the away leg first though...

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on March 19, 2010, 03:46:04 PM
Tough call. Wolfsberg striker Dzeko is a beast, all depends how well Hanglend can match up, but should be a close one.

Hardly mate...he is nothing special.

Fulham will take the tie.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Adam Wrong

Quote from: Cory on March 19, 2010, 03:46:04 PM

If by beast you meant overrated lazy melodramatic twat that makes Berbatov seem energetic then yes... beast. Brede and Aaron Hughes kept him and Gafite muted all game

30million for Dzeko? Jog on. I'll take Bobby Z with John Paintsil for 6 any day

anyone see Cruyff turn from bobby

Cory

I know you guys don't see it, but English football fans are the most bias in the world. Im happy for a smaller club like Fulham to do well in international club comp., and like Ian and I's often disputes about football, but some of these statements are retarded.

Dzeko netted 36 goals last year in all comp (Bundislegia player of the year)., and 25 this year, while also tying Rooney during WC qualifiers with 9 goals....and he plays for fucking war torn Bosina, not the overrated England squad.

I'm just saying, Fulham did well defending against him, but saying hes nothing special, .......hes scored as many goals last year alone then Fulham has scored in the Prem this year.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Adam Wrong

again though cory it's the level of competition. Same as spain is not up to the level of the english game. Scoring 36 in a league where hoffenheim are apparently formidable is not impressive. Same with messi, arsenal were awesomely organised in defence in the 1st leg against barca but fell apart in the second leg. It was embarrassin to watch his last night off the pace, awry passing and played in a lethargic manner. Our 2 centre backs took him and grafite out totally and dzeko's little run to the box was completely destroyed by hughes who not only got the ball but stayed on his feet so he couldn't claim anything.