News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Premiere Fight Club (Denver)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 01:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Strike

Okay. I appreciate your time, Mr. Corwin - we're still going through the interview process here but we'll remain in touch should you still be available by the time we finish it. Thank you.

---------------

Mrs. Johnson, can you contact Phillip Audley for me, please?

----------------

Mr. Audley, thank you for taking my call. This is Chris Strike with the PFC here. We're interviewing candidates for our head trainer position and your name was on our list to call. I understand you've been a heck of a broadcaster for the last 37 years and I'd like to ask for a bit more background as to your experience as a broadcaster, what is it you think you can bring to the fold as a head trainer, and your training philosophy when it comes to professional wrestling.

Mike Powers

Mr. Strike, pleasure to meet you.  Right out of high school, I found myself broadcasting just about every sport America has to offer.  Wrestling, boxing, mma, baseball, football....you name it, I called it.  Over my years, I've made friends with quite a few athletes, and just being around them you can't help but absorb information like a sponge.  I took all that I learned from observing those athletes, and I put it all into training new generations of athletes.  Been doing it ever since.

In regards to what I can bring, it is a wealth of knowledge on nutrition, fitness, and training techniques.  In ring, I work more of a 'brawling' style, as I'm able to incorporate things I learned from boxers, mma fighters, and the like. 

Strike

A fountain of knowledge is definitely something we could use to bring to the club here. As you mentioned your preference for a 'brawling' style, I'd like to get to know if there is a specific style that you may not particularly as familiar with or consider to be the most challenging style to teach over your time and experience as a trainer.

Mike Powers

If a high-flying, aerial style is what you're after, then you'd be talking to the wrong guy.  That's not in my wheelhouse at all. 

Strike

Understandable. This is all information for things going forward. To be fair, I like what I hear. You've got a plethora of knowledge to draw on from your experiences broadcasting and training, your fair share of networking done across the globe and the qualities that I am looking for in a head trainer. I'd like to offer you the position here in PFC...my initial offer would be one of a 3.5 million dollars for 3 seasons. Are those terms agreeable, Mr. Audley?

Mike Powers

I think I'd like $4 million a lot more. 

Strike

I can agree to that, definitely. I'll fax the paperwork shortly. Before I let you go on your way, is there anybody out of this particular list...

GM STRIKE SLIDES A PIECE OF PAPER ON THE DESK CONTAINING THE NAMES OF THE ASSISTANT TRAINERS STILL AVAILABLE.

...that you've had any experience with in the past, that perhaps you feel would be a good fit to assist you altogether? Or perhaps any names to avoid altogether?

Mike Powers

Depends on what you're looking for.  Brown will keep our guys in shape, Cutter will toughen them up.  Stay away from Sleet, he's a bit.....altered, if you get my drift.  Chaos is good, but he and I crossed paths a few times, and we don't see eye to eye. 

Strike

This helps me considerably, Mr. Audley. I appreciate it. Think I know who to start with in this case.

------------------

Mrs. Johnson, can you please get me Lenny Brown on the line, please?

------------------

Mr. Brown, this is Chris Strike, President of the PFC here. Your name came across and recommended by our new head trainer in Mr. Audley and I'd like to have a word with you about our Assistant Trainer position here. But first, I'd like to know a bit more about your background in both fitness and as a trainer plus what philosophy do you bring to the table as a trainer.

Mike Powers

Mr. Strike, great to meet you.  I've been into fitness ever since my college days, as a matter of fact I majored in physical education.  Cardio, agility, and flexibility are my specialties.  I feel like once you get your body into proper shape, you can get it to do anything you want it to.   

Strike

I know that much from experience myself. It's an easier process for sure. Now, Mr. Audley recommended your name and to be fair, given what I've just heard and his judgment, I'm willing to trust it. What would we be looking at in order to sign you as our assistant trainer here at the PFC?

Mike Powers

I'd like a 2 year, $3.5 million deal.  I have ambitions to be a Head Trainer sooner than later, and wouldn't want to sign as an assistant any longer than that.   

Strike

I can certainly deal on that regard and aspirations like yours are the kind of thing that'll make the club stronger too. Welcome to the fold, Mr. Brown.

------------------

Mrs. Johnson, please get me Phil Chandler on the line, please.

------------------

Mr. Chandler, this is Chris Strike, President of the Premiere Fight Club here. We are in the process of talking with some candidates about our doctor position here and given your years of experience and education at one of the best medical schools in the country in Johns Hopkins - I'd like a little more background as to your kind of medical practice, your philosophy towards the medicine, all as a means to see if you'd be a good fit with us here at PFC.

Mike Powers

Certainly.  I was near the top of my class at Johns Hopkins.  I was fortunate enough to do my residency in house at Johns Hopkins, which is a top 5 hospital in the US.  I secured a job there after residency, and worked there for a decade before branching out on my own, and establishing my own practice.  I saw patients in a family practice setting, but I've also had an interest in neurology.