News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Blackburn sack Sam Allardyce.

Started by Duckman, December 13, 2010, 01:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

From the Premier League website:

Blackburn Rovers have confirmed manager Sam Allardyce has left the club with immediate effect.

The new owners of the club, Venky's Group has sacked the former Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle United manager following the side's 2-1 defeat away to the Trotters on Sunday.

Allardyce took over from Paul Ince as Rovers manager in December 2008, and this season has led the club to 13th in the Barclays Premier League.

Allardyce's assistant Neil McDonald will also depart, with first team coach Steve Kean stepping into the breach temporarily

A statement on the club's official website read: "The Venky's Group, owners of Blackburn Rovers Football Club, has today confirmed the departure of manager Sam Allardyce and assistant manager Neil McDonald with immediate effect.

"First team coaching duties will be taken on by Steve Kean (currently 1st team coach) for the immediate future.

"We have taken this decision as part of our wider plans and ambitions for the club. We would like to put on record our thanks to Mr Allardyce for his contribution to Blackburn Rovers Football Club."

Allardyce said in a statement released by the League Managers Association: "I am very shocked and disappointed to be leaving Blackburn Rovers.

"I am extremely proud to have managed this club and I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with the players, my staff and the supporters during my time in charge.

"I now wish them and the football club every success for the future."

What're the odds on Chris Hughton taking over, lol!?!

Pretty harsh but you just can't be shocked with managers getting sacked in football these days.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jason Scene

Quote from: Duckman on December 13, 2010, 01:51:32 PM

What're the odds on Chris Hughton taking over, lol!?!

I think he's the favourite?

And still Roy Hodgson remains at the healm of Liverpool. I'm beginning to miss Gillett and Hicks :-[ They've have sacked him by now.

Jonny Briggs

Blackburn are my team & I don't like this decision at all. Big Sam has done wonders with us considering the lack of resources at his disposal.

That said I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. When the new regime came in they made it pretty clear that they didn't see him as Blackburn manager long term. My hope is that we get Martin Jol

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Best thing is as I watch the United match now (my own football match was cancelled due to fog) was Andy Gray's shortlist was pretty much the EXACT same names as the Newcastle post with Houghton replacing Pardew.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jerry McClean

They say it was over an argument about transfer policy for January but that Big Sam hasn't even had it fully explained to him yet.

Oh well, he says he can manage Real Madrid and Barca so I'm sure he'll find another job >.>

Duckman

Quote from: Jerry McClean on December 15, 2010, 10:48:39 AM
Oh well, he says he can manage Real Madrid and Barca...

...in Football Manager maybe!!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.