Lyon v Real Madrid
Arsenal v Barcelona
Marseille v Manchester United
FC Copenhagen v Chelsea

Thoughts, predictions, opinions etc?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jason Scene

Arsenal fans, you guys can begin to cry.

FXBlade

Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk
AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur
Valencia v Schalke
Inter Milan v Bayern Munich
Lyon v Real Madrid
Arsenal v Barcelona
FC Copenhagen v Chelsea

Thats who I think will progress, 3 spanish, 3 italian and 2 english in the last 8.

Utd and Chelsea got the easiest draws of the English teams and should progress easily.  Spurs will need to pull something special out at the San Siro to get past Milan, but with half the team out, unless they buy well in the transfer window i think they will struggle.  And Arsenal, Well they can say its been fun.

Madrid should easily go past this stage for the first time in years.

Quite possibly we could end up with an All Spanish or All Italian Final

Cory

Roma v Shakhtar Donetsk
AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur
Valencia v Schalke
Inter Milan v Bayern Munich
Lyon v Real Madrid
Arsenal v Barcelona - I BELIEVEEEEEEEE..........we're fucked.
FC Copenhagen v Chelsea

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jerry McClean

A lot of Arsenal fans I know point in desperation to their side that faced Barca last year and how many people they had out as a sign that they're going to do better. And, to be fair, they should have a dramatically stronger team. But you still can't look past Barca.

Spurs I fully expect to progress past Milan. They may be top of Serie A by about 6 points but they have an ageing defence and could easily be out battled in midfield. I think even with injuries Spurs have a great chance.

As for United and Chelski they just have stuff that should be fairly easy for them. Although on Chelsea's current form...

Apart from Arsenal/Barca I think the most interesting match is a repeat of last year's final. Could be even more interesting if Inter have a new manager who's actually getting near the best out of his players by the time the match comes around.

Cory

On second chance, I think AC's gonna run a train on Spurs.

Cassano, Ibra, Robinho, and Ronny is too much for their backline.

Jerry McClean

Quote from: Cory on December 22, 2010, 11:13:31 PM
On second chance, I think AC's gonna run a train on Spurs.

Cassano, Ibra, Robinho, and Ronny is too much for their backline.

There is also Pato unless he's been injured recently. And, if you still count him as a threat from the bench, Pippo Inzaghi.

But they never play more than three of them. And the point is that whoever they have on the wings simply never defends. The fullbacks have to survive attacks from wingers and fullbacks on their own. And we all remember what Bale did to Inter (partly because of the press going far OTT with their comments) but he has the chance to do the exact same thing again.

Cory

Thats true, but with Milans dangerous wing play, it could be a double edged sword for Spurs. Bales speed can torment the slowish backline of Milan, but if he gets caught out of position.....Milans talented Wing play will embarrass Spurs.