Main Menu

My Euro 2012 Article

Started by Cory, June 08, 2012, 12:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

FXBlade

Why do you list keepers as key players?

Just never really seen it before as they are either all key, or not at all.

Jennifer

A good goalkeeper is worth their weight in gold. Hart and Cech win games for their club sides.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

FXBlade

Yeah, but then every national side picks their best keeper available, They aren't necessarily someone I would class as a key player.

I mean, the fact they are picked as the only keeper implies it.

Jennifer

I think it's meant in the terms that, whilst they might be the best available goalkeeper of that nationality, they're not necessarily all as good as each other. So for example, in an England side that is honestly fairly mediocre, their best asset is that they have an awesome keeper who can extend their lifespan, I see where Cory's coming from.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

Well, you can have a keeper like.... Beto for Portugal.... Most don't know who he is and really he's nothing special. Don't expect him to win Portugal games, but someone like Cech is phenomenal and could easily end up making a dozen saves and if he doesn't his squad isn't strong enough to progress.

Essentially if a keeper needed to be a standout in the tournament for their team I noted them as a key player. Casillas needs to be even more important with Puyol missing. He's not going to have to control the back line more and their Defence is weaker than past tournaments so he's going to be key.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE