News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Wilfried Zaha NOT for sale

Started by Rob, October 14, 2012, 03:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Before any of you supporters of big clubs start getting ideas about how much you might snap up Wilf for in January, read this quote from one of the owners of CPFC.

Steve Browett - "I can assure you that Wilfried is not for sale. We hope that he'll be playing Premier League football next season. For us. Even if that doesn't happen, he's only 19 and still learning his trade in surroundings where he is comfortable and happy. He's on a five year contract and we really don't need the money. The 4 of us bought the club so that we could enjoy watching Palace play football not to cash in as soon as the moneybags clubs come waving their cheque books. I hope that's clear enough."
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

I bet Zaha is looking forward to his January move to Liverpool though.

Rob

Wilf is in fact very happy at Selhurst and has recently committed himself to a long contract. He loves the area and is determined to stay.

Also, another quote for ya

"I'm fine with clubs interested in him; let them make an offer. Wilfried's here on a five-year contract and I've known and coached him since 14 years of age.

The arrangement I've got with the club is that I will let Wilfried and his family know when I can't develop him any longer - and I will also let them know which club for him to go to.

There's no secret he's a great talent and he's got huge potential, so teams can do what they want, which is fantastic for the publicity we'll get."

I'm interested in the publicity this gets too. Maybe Sky and BBC will end their hatred of Palace and actually treat us as if we have a chance of doing something good this year. If Wilf stays and develops with us, at the rate he's improving I have full confidence in him taking us to the Premiership.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Really like how this Browett guy handled this, shows brass.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Dorling on October 14, 2012, 03:43:05 PM
I bet Zaha is looking forward to his January move to Liverpool though.

+1
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

Lol we shall see, he's not going anywhere in January
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Those are all the managers saying that. I've got quotes of 2 of our owners saying that Wilf isn't going anywhere. The Arsenal rumour isn't even factual, they've not expressed any formal interest in Wilf, neither have Liverpool since the Summer.

Also, as for Wigan Roberto Martinez has said that they won't be going after Zaha because the owners and Dougie value him too highly. Thing is all these clubs think they will be paying £9 million for him, whilst the chairmen find that to be highly insulting.

I've seen enough of what chairmen and owners are like for big clubs like the ones you mentioned Adam to know how very different the owners of Palace are. Everything they have said they will do since July 2010 they have done.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Another great quote from one of the chairmen,

Steve Parish on Wilfried Zaha - "I said at the start of the season that keeping hold of Wilf would be like spending a lot of money on a transfer. Other sides can fly their kites but it would take £20m before we even got interested. He has got the lot, provided he keeps his feet on the ground and continues working so hard on his game - then it will all come.
People would have to compensate us accordingly for losing his talent - that is what a transfer fee is.All the teams have got to understand that you get £60m in TV money if you get into the Premier League, which is where we want to get. So we’d need to be compensated for reducing our chances of getting there."
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

Jez Moxey (Wolves chairman) said that Wolves wouldn't sell any of their best players after getting relegated. How did that turn out?
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Rob

Not all football chairmen are the same... I happen to be in a position where I can trust mine...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jerry McClean

I think what people are getting at is that the chairman is hardly going to say anything else. This keeps supporters on side and drives the price up if they do sell.

Personally, I think that he'll stay and go in the summer. But it'll need more than him to get you up imo. And Palace's other players need to keep performing the way they have been. No one can get out of the Championship on one player's back alone

Rob

Well to be fair Zaha isn't the reason we are doing so well at the moment, I would put that down to 7 goals from Murray (npower Player of the Month), numerous fantastic performances from any one of our 5 rotating CM's Jedinak (who I maintain still can't pass the ball), KG, Jonny Williams (another hugely talented youngster), Garvan and Andre Moritz, or even the rotating backline. For the past couple of years Palace have had one of the best defenses in the league we just didn't have the attack, now we do, any number of those players can push us into the Prem. We've got the option of Bolasie playing on the right and Player of the Year Johnny Parr playing on the left if Zaha gets injured or is sold, but at the moment I see us going up this year and Zaha playing Premiership football for us next season.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

Looks like the Palace manager might be off to Bolton. How do you think that will affect the Zaha situation (I read that Spurs are interested in getting him in January)?
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Rob

I think with Freedman gone now Zaha will definitely be going. Unless we get Sir Steve or a manager with a set of bollocks then we've got no chance of keeping Wilf or Joniesta.

Can't really believe Dougie has gone... I was calling for his head but his reasoning is complete bollocks. Apparently Bolton (a team we beat, away) have more ambition than we do. Despite the fact we are 4th in the league and Bolton are 16th or 18th? As far as I'm concerned the fact he's said what he has, he goes down with Iain Dowie as being a Judas prick.

I need a new Palace signature now though :( No more Paul Hart and no more Dougie Freedman.
SixersEagles

[/center]