News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Own goal of the season?

Started by Kirk, October 23, 2013, 09:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

Is Fergie's book the biggest own goal of the season? I'm a Utd fan who has idolised him all my life, but I've lost a lot of respect for Sir Alex after reading about some of the bitter attacks he's made against some of my heroes (whilst holding back on his criticism of Rooney just because he's still there). I really wish he'd waited a bit longer to release his book, or just not bothered to write one at all. Now he just seems like a bitter old man with scores to settle. I hope the media has   just latched on to the worst bits and it's not actually as bad as it seems.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

FXBlade

I haven't read it, and probably never will.

From what I have heard though, isn't Harry Redknapp's a bigger own goal?

Dorling

I think he has a lot of cheek to come out and say things like this when without these men he's bashing, he wouldn't be the legend that he is.

Perhaps the media has only latched on the bad parts of the book, but nonetheless I think he just lost the respect of a lot of men who spent a large part of their professional lives giving everything for him.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

You know what happens when you get older...you become bitter. The thing is the game changed so much over his 27 years Fergie couldnt keep with the times. I personally feel the bits about Beckham are well over the top.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

Sadly the bits that won't get all the publicity are the bits I want to read about - his thoughts on tactics, formations, training methods, developing young players, the struggle to manage at a top club for a quarter of a century.

Him calling Roy Keane a fanny (which he truly is) and saying Becks got too big for the club were always going to be highlighted by the press.

Nothing sells a story more than a good bit of negativity.

I think I'm going to get the book for my brother for his Xmas (if he hasn't already got it) and then I can read it after and see if there's more than just settling old scores in there.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.