News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Proudest moment as a fan?

Started by Flins., November 15, 2013, 04:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flins.

What's yours?

Jay Rodriguez starting for England tonight is a really great moment as a Burnley fan, I've watched the guy come through our youth system and really struggle to get where he is. Real nice, humble guy as well. Obviously rivalled by watching Burnley get promoted to the Premier League, and also the victory of Man United during that season, Robbie Blake - Burnley Legend.

Cory

Since I just started following Arsenal mid-way through their "Invincibles" year, Id say Arsenal buying Ozil.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

1. Portland Timbers becoming a member of the MLS.

2. Winning the Conference in our second season... hopefully it'll end in an MLS Cup.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Dorling

Arsenal winning the league at Anfield in 89 is probably my earliest memory.

For those not familiar with the setup, Liverpool were having a bit of a shocker and at Christmas were 18 points behind Arsenal in the league (Norwich, my hometown, were top). Arsenal had a wobble and the Hillsborough disaster happened. It spurred Liverpool on to a massive winning streak as Arsenal faltered against teams like Wimbledon and Derby. Liverpool caught up and overtook Arsenal.

The fixture list conspired to pit Arsenal v Liverpool in the final game of the season. Not only was it their last game, it was THE final game. Liverpool had a fixture backlog due to match cancellations after Hillsborough so Liverpool v Arsenal at Anfield was played by itself, all other games of the season had been completed. It was a shoot out for the league title.

Liverpool were 3 points ahead of Arsenal in the league with a goal difference 4 better. Arsenal needed to win 2-0 (or better, obviously) so that the team records would be exactly tied in wins, draws, losses and goal difference. Arsenal would win the title in that scenario due to having scored more goals.

Half time rolls around, the score is 0-0. Arsenal are playing well. Second half starts and a David Rocastle free kick from outside the area is headed in by Alan Smith. Game on.

Arsenal continue to attack, Liverpool have opportunities on the counter. Subs come on, we reach 90 minutes. Kevin Richardson goes down with cramp and Arsenal are playing with 10 men. The clock ticks on. Liverpool fans are whistling for the end of the match. Lukic gathers up the ball in the Arsenal goal and throws it to Lee Dixon. He chips it forward to Smith who dinks it up for Michael Thomas. Thomas tries to lift it over Stevie Nicol and it ricochets favourably; he's through on goal. Grobbelaar comes out, Thomas waits until the last second and toe pokes it past him into the corner.

Arsenal players go wild. I'm dancing around the living room. My Dad is up and yelling. John Barnes, Ian Rush, Ray Houghton, Peter Beardsley and John Aldridge collapse in despair.

Tony Adams lifts the trophy. Arsenal win the league in the last minute of the last game of the season by virtue of scoring 8 more goals than Liverpool over 38 matches.

It was an epic moment and I can't watch it to this day without goose pumps. I was proud to be an Arsenal fan at that moment and that is my earliest, fullest memory.

Rob

Beating Man United at Old Trafford.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jerry McClean

Quote from: Dorling on November 15, 2013, 04:53:26 PM
Arsenal winning the league at Anfield in 89 is probably my earliest memory.

For those not familiar with the setup, Liverpool were having a bit of a shocker and at Christmas were 18 points behind Arsenal in the league (Norwich, my hometown, were top). Arsenal had a wobble and the Hillsborough disaster happened. It spurred Liverpool on to a massive winning streak as Arsenal faltered against teams like Wimbledon and Derby. Liverpool caught up and overtook Arsenal.

The fixture list conspired to pit Arsenal v Liverpool in the final game of the season. Not only was it their last game, it was THE final game. Liverpool had a fixture backlog due to match cancellations after Hillsborough so Liverpool v Arsenal at Anfield was played by itself, all other games of the season had been completed. It was a shoot out for the league title.

Liverpool were 3 points ahead of Arsenal in the league with a goal difference 4 better. Arsenal needed to win 2-0 (or better, obviously) so that the team records would be exactly tied in wins, draws, losses and goal difference. Arsenal would win the title in that scenario due to having scored more goals.

Half time rolls around, the score is 0-0. Arsenal are playing well. Second half starts and a David Rocastle free kick from outside the area is headed in by Alan Smith. Game on.

Arsenal continue to attack, Liverpool have opportunities on the counter. Subs come on, we reach 90 minutes. Kevin Richardson goes down with cramp and Arsenal are playing with 10 men. The clock ticks on. Liverpool fans are whistling for the end of the match. Lukic gathers up the ball in the Arsenal goal and throws it to Lee Dixon. He chips it forward to Smith who dinks it up for Michael Thomas. Thomas tries to lift it over Stevie Nicol and it ricochets favourably; he's through on goal. Grobbelaar comes out, Thomas waits until the last second and toe pokes it past him into the corner.

Arsenal players go wild. I'm dancing around the living room. My Dad is up and yelling. John Barnes, Ian Rush, Ray Houghton, Peter Beardsley and John Aldridge collapse in despair.

Tony Adams lifts the trophy. Arsenal win the league in the last minute of the last game of the season by virtue of scoring 8 more goals than Liverpool over 38 matches.

It was an epic moment and I can't watch it to this day without goose pumps. I was proud to be an Arsenal fan at that moment and that is my earliest, fullest memory.

I bet you enjoy watching/reading Fever Pitch haha

As a Forest fan I haven't had much to be a proudest moment >_>