News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Is AVB's time up?

Started by Kirk, December 15, 2013, 08:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

Yet another humiliating defeat for Spurs. The beating they took at City can be overlooked because that is happening to everyone, but this latest defeat to Liverpool is a real indication of where things are going wrong. AVB seems to have a style he wants his team to play, but is unwilling to change it to counter the threats posed by other teams. Everyone has figured out what Spurs are going to do and it's easy to play against. All teams have to do against Spurs is defend deep and hit balls in behind the defense (who are pushed up way to high for the players they have) for their strikers to run on to. This tactic obviously works best if you have Suarez or Aguero up front. Some SPurs fans will point to injuries in defense, but I would argue that AVB needs to change the system when his best defenders aren't available because Dawson's positioning is appalling and Capoue can't be expected to know his duties in a system which requires such accuracy. Spurs have the players to compete for a Chapions' League spot, but they currently lack the system and leadership to push on. I was a big fan of AVB last season, but I think he's finished in the Premier League now.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Cory

Everything you said plus No team chemistry. You cant throw a bunch of money at unproven EPL players and expect to do much against the elite.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Dorling

Hahaha, Spurs fans.

It all depends on what is actually achievable. Spurs still have one of the highest points tallies at this point in a Prem season that they've had. Yes, they've had 2 big defeats but in the grand scheme of things they're 5 points off champs league spots and that is the most that they could ever hope for.

They're ahead of Man U!

Any Spurs fan who thinks that they should be any higher than they are at the moment needs to wake up. They're not good enough and they are full of new players. They will gain nothing with sacking the manager. Suck it up.

The ONLY team that could have that influx of players and expect instant results is Man City because of the quality of their existing squad and the quality of the players signed.

Is it really over yet for Spurs this season? As an Arsenal fan I love seeing them flounder but come on, football and sackings is ridiculous at the moment.

Dorling

.....and now they've fired him. Tools.

Can nobody look at Arsenal and Man U and think 'that's how you build a club up.'

Even Chelsea had some continuity when Jose was winning titles for them. You don't spend over £100m and give someone less than 20 games, especially when in touch with everyone else.

Now, more than ever, I truly hope Tottenham fail completely. Let's hope some of these deals were dodgy and they get relegated to the conference or something.

Kirk

Spurs have got an easy run of fixtures coming up, so that should give the new guy a strong start and get some confidence back in the team. I think AVB will be a fantastic manager for a big European club, but I don't think his tactics are suitable for the Premier League. One of the Italian clubs would be perfect for him... Or perhaps Monaco.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Dorling

Don't buy it. He can either manage or he can't. League or country shouldn't matter. There is a massive variety of tactics amongst successful teams in all countries.

Kirk

I don't agree. That's like saying you can play or you can't. Forlan and Veron show quite clearly that some people just aren't cut out for the Premier League style of football. Utd's relative lack of success in Europe would highlight the way different styles suit different managers as well. Look at Rafa. Crap in Italy, but pretty good in England.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Dorling

Part of managing is getting the right players for the league.

Rafa doesn't seem to be doing too badly in charge of Napoli...