News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Wind Cancellations

Started by Jerry McClean, February 13, 2014, 03:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry McClean

What are your guys thoughts on the Man City and Everton home matches being called off? I guess if Everton's stadium had become damaged that's a different matter. But I really don't think a match should be called off because of wind affecting playing conditions. Just got to turn up and play in the conditions on that day!

Flins.

I think, with the Everton case, a building close to the stadium was damaged which is why that game was cancelled. As for the City game, I live near Manchester and we were getting 100 mile an hour winds by around 7-8pm, I doubt the game would've been playable (dead ball situations would've been impossible), but I think they were more concerned about the safety of fans and players.

Rob

The fact they called the Everton game off half an hour before kick off is fucking stupid. Craply run football team, deserve fuck a 0-3 forfeit.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

Quote from: Rob on February 13, 2014, 05:15:26 PM
The fact they called the Everton game off half an hour before kick off is fucking stupid. Craply run football team, deserve fuck a 0-3 forfeit.

I assume that's a joke? If the building next door didn't break until that late in the day...

Games aren't often called off due to playing conditions anymore, it's normally due to the safety of the fans. Lots of games in London were called off when it was snowy/frozen and the pitches were fine with the undersoil heating, but thousands of fans slipping over (not to mention the police/stewards and then inevitable ambulances) just isn't worth it.

Same goes for roof tiles, trees and debris flying about at 100mph.

Kirk

It's a pain to have a game called off that late, but it's better than reading stories in the papers for the next months about deaths around the stadium.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img