Started by FXBlade, February 19, 2014, 10:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXBlade

I really hope this is speculation

Will pull some quotes shor as I'm on my phone

jagilki

From what I understand it's an old, old NewZ story that has resurfaced

FXBlade

Like I say, I hope it is speculation. I couldn't imagine anything worse.

Not a Geordie, but that is far from what is good for a club. I think the article goes onto say its about exposure especially with wrestlemania approaching

QuoteWorld Wrestling Entertainment owner Vince McMahon has been linked with a shock move to take full ownership of Premier League side Newcastle United in what would be one of the biggest shocks to world football ever seen.
McMahon is reported to be interested in purchasing the club from current owner Mike Ashley, and a bid could materialise in the not too distant future with the Londoner reportedly keen to sell the Magpies. But does that mean we'll be seeing a Geordie edition of the showcase event Wrestlemania anytime soon? Well, yes. We very well could be.
British website www.winnersports.co.uk have claimed the billionaire has been "sniffing around" the club with a view to making a bid.
They claim a Newcastle insider said: "Vince McMahon has been sniffing around the club and seems keen on pursuing his interest.
"He sees England as an untapped market for his wrestling empire. He has even indicated he could put on wrestling bouts at St James's Park
"Obviously it is very early days but there is hope the fans may get what they want with Ashley leaving. Buying a club like Newcastle would throw him into the spotlight in England which is just what he is looking to do."
Could a possible takeover result in the WWE stars making their Toon debut, and vice-versa the St James' Park regulars entering the squared circle? Highly unlikely, but we're sure a number of people would pay to see the Ameobi brothers team up with Alan Pardew to take on the Shield, not to mention names such as John Cena, Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan strutting their stuff in the famous Black and White strip..

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

MVP is a secret investor in Fleetwood Town
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'