News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Thats racist!?!?

Started by FXBlade, April 01, 2014, 04:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXBlade

Lol

Why not, can he find a late goal?  He has to be stated as being Mexican, not just a footballer!

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Drama Queen

Foreign players have often been referred to by their nationality, how is this suddenly a big deal?

jagilki

lol, I thought it said wetback for a second there.

Ty

Racism - the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races

Race - a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, and/or social affiliation.

Mexican - A citizen or resident of Mexico or a person who associates themselves as being from Mexico. Refers to the people not the race.

Mestizo - A person who identifies themselves as neither indigenous nor European but incorporates combined facets of both cultures into their own. The majority of Mexicans consider themselves Mestizo. The product of a wide government policy that assimilated many cultures and races in order to remove perceived inequalities from the population. This could be considered a race.

Mexicans Of European Descent (White-Mexicans) - Self explanatory, the really white mexicans. Ancestors came from Europe, mainly Spain. This could be considered a race.

Indigenous Mexican - There are 12 major Indigenous races in Mexico (don't ask me to name them, I only know Maya, Yucatan, Capache, Mixtec, Guerrero, and Totonac, maybe one or two more. I dunno) and many smaller Indigenous peoples groups. These peoples represent like 10% of their population.  These could be considered races.

National Origin Discrimination - Being discriminate against based on their country of origin or where you think their from.

Noting he's from Mexico isn't racism and is questionable that it's discriminating or prejudice.

Sorry, they make me learn so much about this stuff, may as well use it.

FXBlade

Sorry, It just made me laugh  :(

Rob

It would, you lousy Englishman!
SixersEagles

[/center]