News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Moyes is Sacked

Started by Adam Wrong, April 22, 2014, 05:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Wrong

So Man Utd have given up and sacked Moyes. With 3 games to go I genuinely don't get the point

FXBlade

Not the only one.

It's not like the season can really be salvaged now, should have at least waited until the end of the season if they were set on doing it.

However, wasn't it ferguson who said when he retired this was a long term project, so really one season, although not great still wasn't the worst season ever and he still was never given a full chance especially with fergies boys still ruling the locker room

Jennifer

was a poisoned chalice from the beginning, especially with the way fergie proceeded to sit in the director's box every game

casts an even bigger shadow when he's physically there

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Flins.

Why offer a six year contract if there was never the intention of giving him the chance to build? I can only imagine the board were naive enough to believe finishing outside of the champions league was unlikely despite all the upheaval.

Brendan Rogers and Liverpool is a perfect example of sticking with a manager and giving him time and patience and support. Going to be tough to find a top manager who wants the job at United now, though the burden might be somewhat dampened on whoever is next in charge, as they only have to perform better than Moyes in their first season.

Kirk

He should never have had the job in the first place.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Flins.

Who do you think should get the job, Kirk? OR more, who are you hoping for? I know Klopp and Pep have ruled themselves out which was to be expected.

Kirk

Klopp would have been the best option for the short and long term, but I suppose Van Gaal would be the best available at the moment. There were better options last year when Moyes was selected.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Kirk

We need someone who knows how he wants the team to play and has the reputation and balls to deal with Rooney and the other troublesome players in the squad. If they happen to have a great working relationship with our best striker and a list of contacts filled with excellent Dutch players, even better.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Dorling

Is Van Gaal the man? 15 of his 19 trophies were won 14 years ago or more.

Flins.

If Van Gaal can come in on a short term deal and lay down a similar structure to what he did at Bayern and Barcelona, it could work, but like Dorling pointed out, I don't think he will be the man that turns the club back into a powerhouse. I don't think many managers like Klopp will want the job as it is now, so a transitional manager makes sense.

I'm surprised to see how many fans want Giggs to keep the job permanently along with the other '92 coaches.

Jennifer

It's nostalgia and because he's 'united through and through', completely regardless of any managerial abilities he might or might not have.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Kirk

Quote from: Flins. on April 24, 2014, 10:01:23 AM
If Van Gaal can come in on a short term deal and lay down a similar structure to what he did at Bayern and Barcelona, it could work, but like Dorling pointed out, I don't think he will be the man that turns the club back into a powerhouse. I don't think many managers like Klopp will want the job as it is now, so a transitional manager makes sense.

I'm surprised to see how many fans want Giggs to keep the job permanently along with the other '92 coaches.

This is what I've been thinking (and what I think should have been done last year). We need someone who can steady the ship and keep us competitive in the short term so that we can bring in someone with a longer term vision who can start from a strong base.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I wouldnt mind seeing Giggs have a decent crack at the job. Cant be much worse than this season. And to be fair Giggs would attract more players to play at United than David Moyes was capable of.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

As long as they dont get Klopp from Dortmund...want him for when "9yrs and a sure loss to Hull in the FA Cup finals without a trophy" Wenger gets the boot.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kirk

The problem is that these are not just footballing decisions at Utd anymore. With the way the club was bought and the methods the Glaziers have used to service the debt, all these decisions have to be made with an eye on the NYSE. Bringing in Giggs might work out in a footballing sense but it would be too much of a risk for the share price. The sooner the Glaziers pay off their debts and bugger off, the sooner the board can start making purely football decisions again.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img