News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Moyes is Sacked

Started by Adam Wrong, April 22, 2014, 05:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I still say one of the best things any club can do is get a recognized name to be their manager whether or former player who was great or just a great manager. David Moyes had no name recognition. He couldnt attract the right players to Manchester United and pinned all his hopes on two Everton players who are pretty mediocre (and we still signed the shitter one).

I would fully support Giggs getting the job fulltime. I'd rather build with a lad who has been with the club since 1987 and wants to bring the flair back to United than anyone else. I also love the fact this opens up for a lot of former players to be involved in coaching roles. Back to basics football.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jerry McClean

Reports say that he's been got rid of now because the compensation is only 1 year once he's technically not in the top 4 and thus champions league for next year. People are saying Glazers agreed to get rid in February but waited to save the money. Don't know if I believe it or not.

I think it'll probably be Van Gaal from whose available. Would be a real gamble on Giggs. I think that it would potentially be a mistake from the Glazers though because I think United would have to be pretty bad to be able to sack him.

FXBlade

Quote from: Kirk on April 26, 2014, 12:49:06 AM
The problem is that these are not just footballing decisions at Utd anymore. With the way the club was bought and the methods the Glaziers have used to service the debt, all these decisions have to be made with an eye on the NYSE. Bringing in Giggs might work out in a footballing sense but it would be too much of a risk for the share price. The sooner the Glaziers pay off their debts and bugger off, the sooner the board can start making purely football decisions again.

The share price rocketed the day moyes got sacked

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

4-0 and we all looked happy.

FXBlade

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on April 26, 2014, 04:09:34 PM
4-0 and we all looked happy.

What could have been in Moyes was sacked 34 games ago?

FXBlade

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Amazing that he went from a man who ground out results with no budget and loan signings to being given a have decent pot and totally finding a way to make United one of the most boring teams in football.

As for Ryan Giggs....

4-0!

Kirk

What do you all think of the job Giggs has been doing so far? The performance against Sunderland was obviously crap, but I like that he's giving everyone a chance and trying new players. It will give the next guy a better idea of what they're capable of.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Dorling

Too soon to judge to be honest. The Hull game is a non factor too as they've been shit since confirming safety and winning the fa cup semi - none of them are making any tackles because they don't want to hurt themselves before next weekend!

Kirk

I wouldn't call for Giggs to be given the job full time, but I like the approach he's taken to the end of the season. We're not going to get caught and finishing one position higher isn't necessarily a good thing (I'd like to get into the Europa league and try to win it next season, but I can understand the argument against it). Giggs knows he hasn't got the job next year and seems to be treating the games as exhibition matches. After the miserable season we've had, I'm quite happy to see this approach and a few new faces. Hopefully it's also shown the next manager just how bad Utd are when Young and Nani start (it's a shame about Nani because he was a really exciting player before Fergie ruined him).
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img