Cesc Fabregas asks to leave Arsenal

Started by Duckman, May 18, 2010, 12:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Sky Sports News are reporting that Cesc Fabregas has met with Arsene Wenger today and asked to leave Arsenal to rejoin Barcelona. 

Arsenal have yet to comment on the story but reports say they will be looking for between 35-40 million for him.

With Barca close to wrapping up David Villa's transfer they look to be building an even more impressive team.

If they land Fabregas too that is going to be one hell of a team.  Full of midgets right enough, but still, fuck!

It'll be a damn shame if another big player does leave the Premier League for La Liga but this, like the Ronaldo move to Real, seemed to be one that was bound to happen soon rather than later.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

I'll be crushed. Cesc was easily top 5 in the prem, at times he was the best player in the prem.

It'll be a huge void for Arsenal, I heard a 55 million dollar transfer, or a 40+ Yaya Toure deal on my iPod Arsenal App.

I think if we rid of Fab, we rebuld with a strong midfield. Im thinking Yaya Toure and Felipe Melo (Juve)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on May 18, 2010, 02:19:37 PM
I'll be crushed. Cesc was easily top 5 in the prem, at times he was the best player in the prem.

It'll be a huge void for Arsenal, I heard a 55 million dollar transfer, or a 40+ Yaya Toure deal on my iPod Arsenal App.

I think if we rid of Fab, we rebuld with a strong midfield. Im thinking Yaya Toure and Felipe Melo (Juve)

When he goes you will be lucky to finish 6th next season mate...soon to be followed by RVP and Arseshavings
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

Arsenal have rejected an inital offer from Barcelona for Fabregas, believed to be in the region of £30 million.

They've stated they won't be making a counter offer or entering into discussions.

So looks like Barca are going to have to kick out a lot more cash to get this deal through.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

I kinda hope this goes throught.

If Fab goes, Arsenal will surly get Gourcouff from Bordeaux, and a huge sum of money.

Dazz

Cory

I cant see him going for any less than 45 million. He'll HAVE to go more than Villa, and Arsenal will only sell himk if they can for sure get Gourcuff from Bordeaux to replace.

Kenfucius

That Barca team is strong enough with Villa brought in (Villa and Ibra in the same team? BEST strikeforce on the planet right now, not even taking Messi into account), this is just a frightening thought.

That said, I question the timing of the move by Barca.

I'll be interested to see if the transfer, now that it seems far more realistic than it has in years, will play on Cesc's mind during the World Cup.

Cory

Just thinking with the lack of respect hes getting for Spain, he wont go to Barca, cuz he wont play. Its been clear he wont start of Xavi, Inesta, Messi, and Basquets (wtf)

Fabs staying.