News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

WWE PPV: Wrestlemania 31 News/Rumors

Started by Fnord, April 12, 2014, 06:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

ToneCold

See I know it wouldn't be a Streak match, but I'd still want to see Undertaker VS Sting. Possibly as a Final match for Undertaker IF he's in any decent condition. That match is one that in my eyes should ONLY happen at WrestleMania if it happens at all.
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Fnord

We noted earlier this week that there was some talk within WWE that there may have been recent creative changes to some of the WrestleMania 31 matches. There was at least some suggestions made about certain WrestleMania plans.

With the news coming out that top WWE officials knew that Daniel Bryan would be back for the Royal Rumble, it's possible those rumored changes were made because of Bryan's return.

It's believed that Bryan being back in the storylines will lead to obvious creative changes. When there was so much uncertainty surrounding Bryan's status, he was not factored into future plans.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Fnord on January 04, 2015, 05:34:54 PM
We noted earlier this week that there was some talk within WWE that there may have been recent creative changes to some of the WrestleMania 31 matches. There was at least some suggestions made about certain WrestleMania plans.

With the news coming out that top WWE officials knew that Daniel Bryan would be back for the Royal Rumble, it's possible those rumored changes were made because of Bryan's return.

It's believed that Bryan being back in the storylines will lead to obvious creative changes. When there was so much uncertainty surrounding Bryan's status, he was not factored into future plans.

I read that as: "God Damn it! That too popular for his own good bearded midget is back. Great. Well we need to protect are true star Regins and as much as I Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon hate to do this, we may have to hold back on having Regins win the rumble instead of Bryan or risk hurting him and redoing last years Rumble, so well let Bryan have his little moment, again, maybe have him get to the main event and lose or worse case let him have a short title run like we orginally were going to do, let these idiots have their moment and think I give a shit what they really think before putting the belt on the guy I want them to love."   

So my guess is..  Big Show costs Regins the rumble while Bryan wins it, Cena beats Brock only to lose to Rollins via MITB cash in, Then at Mania Show vs Regins, Bryan vs Rollins or Bryan vs Rollins vs Cena.

The TeeJ of Philly

I read it as "he has had two neck surgeries and elbow surgery in a year. Austin, Edge, others have been out for a year with similar neck injuries, he'll be back then. It's always easier to plan something for him when he gets back then hope he does and be screwed if he doesn't."

Black Death

Rollins  vs Bryan ... WM main event ... yes make it happen
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Chris Shields

It's so damn simple.

Rumble - Final 2 is Reigns Vs. Bryan, Reigns almost wins with a bit of a recreation of the Bulldog/Michaels moment, Bryan comes back in and hits the running knee to eliminate Reigns.

Mania - Give Reigns a big win over Big Show and Kane in a handicapped match. Bryan overcomes the odds against Lesnar, only to have Rollins cash in.

Summerslam - Bryan finally wins the title back, goes on to have a nice run with the title.

Rumble (2016) - Reigns wins the rumble, while Rollins beats Bryan for the title.

In between PPV - Bryan gets rematch, only to just barely lose (maybe he gets screwed over by the next big heel they want to make).

Wrestlemania (2016) - Rollins Vs. Reigns for the title.

ToneCold

Simple is the thing WWE really knows how to fuck up and make convoluted though. I don't trust them not to fuck this up having finally watched last year's Mania and been underwhelmed yet again.
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Gravedigger

Quote from: Chris Shields on January 04, 2015, 10:24:24 PM
It's so damn simple.

Rumble - Final 2 is Reigns Vs. Bryan, Reigns almost wins with a bit of a recreation of the Bulldog/Michaels moment, Bryan comes back in and hits the running knee to eliminate Reigns.

Mania - Give Reigns a big win over Big Show and Kane in a handicapped match. Bryan overcomes the odds against Lesnar, only to have Rollins cash in.

Summerslam - Bryan finally wins the title back, goes on to have a nice run with the title.

Rumble (2016) - Reigns wins the rumble, while Rollins beats Bryan for the title.

In between PPV - Bryan gets rematch, only to just barely lose (maybe he gets screwed over by the next big heel they want to make).

Wrestlemania (2016) - Rollins Vs. Reigns for the title.

Starting with Rumble 2016 replace Reigns with Ambrose and I'm on board...

GM Franchise

Quote from: Gravedigger on January 04, 2015, 10:52:23 PM
Starting with Rumble 2016 replace Reigns with Ambrose and I'm on board...

Reigns should break Rusev's streak at Mania. Then have a lengthy US title reign before even being promoted to the main event.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Chris Shields

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 04, 2015, 11:34:51 PM
Reigns should break Rusev's streak at Mania. Then have a lengthy US title reign before even being promoted to the main event.
That would totally work as well. Their best move is for Bryan to win the rumble, overcome Lesnar, and then have Rollins cash in. Bryan would still look good because he overcame the monster, and Rollins would have so much heat. Reigns needs another year, and some good mid/upper mid card feuds.

¿PapaPancho?

At this point you guys are making me hate Daniel Bryan. 

Chris Stern

Fnord

Undertaker Returns - WWE Top 10

Source: F4WOnline

Coming out of the WWE Royal Rumble weekend, it's said that the only concrete matches for WrestleMania 31 are Sting vs. Triple H, John Cena vs. Rusev and Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Title.

Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker are also expected but not a lock. However, last word on The Undertaker was that WWE officials still did not know if he was returning for sure or not. The fact that there is still uncertainty this close to the event is not a good sign but Taker still could appear in a non-wrestling role if he chooses not to wrestle.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Tezmission Black

I don't care what other matches are on the card for WM IF they put Bryan vs Sheamus on the card again, I will cancel my subscription for WM month, and just download the PPV on kickass afterwards.