If you want a good laugh listen to the Dixie interveiw with JR

Started by Chris Stern, January 09, 2015, 10:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

Seriously you will either laugh your ass off or you will be face palming to the point where your face will be red. I mean as out of touch with reality Vince came off as in his interview with Austin, Dixie comes off as living in a whole different plane of existence. I am sure she was just trying to put a positive spin on things but good god there is putting a positive spin on negatives and there is coming off a being in complete denial. As for Jr I didn't expect him to be like Austin where he tries to be a bit harder hitting without pushing the wrong buttons but man he came off as a bit of a suck up.   

Here are some highlights(copy/pasta from WON since I don't feel like transcribing this myself)

On Destination America:

She tried to really sell the move to Destination America, as you'd expect. She said they said "they're the largest paid TV programmer in the world." Said in all meeting with networks they didn't just want to be an average show on the network in the eyes of the network, she wanted to go somewhere where they would be a top priority, get maximum support from the network, lots of promotion, more hours etc. Said both she and the network feels it's a big opportunity for growth for both of them. Said she kept the wrestlers as up-to-date as she could, but it was tough with confidentiality agreements etc. Tried to spin-it as it may look like a step back, but it's a step forwards in-terms of potential growth, claims she got a lot of support from the talent and they to are optimistic, and that they too felt they should be somewhere where they're a priority. Said it may be a challenge for people to find the channel, but once they do and they begin to grow and their "global affect and what that plan is begins to take hold" it's going to be like "something they've never had."

Demos:

When discussing wrestling demographics she said when they first went to Spike they had to fight to get their ratings and demographics information from them. Said they wanted to start attempting to appeal to a broader audience males, females, young, old etc. Pushed the "unlocked" shows they're going to be a kind of a "director's cut." Says wrestling fans are becoming more and more interested in what goes on behind the scenes and they intend to provide some of that with this show. Also said she's currently in negotiations trying to secure a TV deal in Canada.

Said TNA is still their corporate name, the confusion is down to them having one show in the US, of course called Impact Wrestling, where as in other parts of the world that isn't the case.

Announcers:

Talked about the changes to the announce team, she said there is nothing more you can do to change the basic framework of the show than have a new voice, she said Tenay is going to be doing things on Impact that will be very insightful and that's what he's absolute best at, said he will play a big part in one of their new shows, also said how they're going to be using the announcers going forward is going to different, which is intriguing (I feel).

Put over John Gabruick as a great motivator for the locker room.         

Said they are planning to do more house shows and more One Night Only shows, but right now Impact is their priority. JR pushed her on the subject and she said they're going to give the touring a
"breather" when the television takes off they plan on doing it again but doing it right.

Was asked about deals with Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz, King Mo etc. says she wants work with Mo and they have an existing deal, Tito is interested in doing something with them, but they're not working with Rampage right now. When discussing him by the tone in her voice their seems to be a bit of tension or disappointment there.

Asked if Vince Russo is going back said there are no plans and there have been no discussions. But said when focused he can be a tremendous talent.

Said in meetings with every network they said "why in the world did they (Spike) let you go."

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gravedigger

She was on Busted Open on Sirius the other day, and was talking about post-production for Impact and how the look will be something new...

How about you worry about quality booking and show writing first?

TNA is so much weaker as an overall product than it was in the 2000s.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Black Death on January 09, 2015, 10:28:25 AM
lol...Dixie...

Lol, that is a good one BD. Personally when I was listening to the interview Wednesday at work I couldn't help but keep thinking of this one:

Seriously who the hell is she trying to fool? Everyone with half a working brain can tell that everything she is saying is total dellusional PR spin BS save for the handful of rabid TNA fanboys who think everything TNA does is gold, yes even Willow not even kidding I often head over to the TNA sub reddit for laughs and there were so many of them talking about how great Willow was as well as that whole Freak show thing that TNA did,  but yeah if your going to spin doctor at least try not to be so obvious and stupid about it you can easily just say "yeah we made alot of mistakes in the past but Destination America is going to help us show that we are going to right those wrongs.." and all that see you own up while still taking a negative getting booted off a bigger network and having to go to a small network without making it sound bad.

But no all this crap is just showing me that Dixie hasn't learned shit and based on what I seen of the first show back that is pretty much the case.

And don't get me started on JR and the down right insulting way he put down the internet wrestling community as a whole for complaining that TNA is shit and how we are just keyboard warriors that need to basically get out of mom's basement and see the real world. Fuck you, not saying that there aren't people like that but to lump anyone on the net that bitches about how shit TNA's product really is and all that with the general idiot population on the net is truly insulting and it's even worse coming from someone who came off like a complete suck up.

Quote from: Gravedigger on January 09, 2015, 12:05:20 PM
She was on Busted Open on Sirius the other day, and was talking about post-production for Impact and how the look will be something new...

How about you worry about quality booking and show writing first?

TNA is so much weaker as an overall product than it was in the 2000s.

I don't have Sirius so I missed that, kind of wished I didn't. Do you know what program she was on? I am hoping someone put it up on youtube.

The TeeJ of Philly

To be fair, when the product was good, the production was to blame for them not being as successful. After years of being told that was the area you lacked, you'd stress that as the area of improvement.

Duckman

You want a real laugh on a podcast, listen to Hulk Hogan on Jericho's show.  I think it set the record for the most number of lies told in a one hour time period.  So great.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

ToneCold

Did include the one that any promotion (including WWE) would be a LOT more successful if they gave Eric Bischoff the keys and a boatload of cash?
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Chris Stern

Quote from: Duckman on January 10, 2015, 10:46:54 AM
You want a real laugh on a podcast, listen to Hulk Hogan on Jericho's show.  I think it set the record for the most number of lies told in a one hour time period.  So great.
Oh my god, yes I been listening to those(the first and second parts he did with Jericho) wow, just, wow. To bad you guys aren't really wrestling focused anymore because between Hogan and Dixie's interveiws you have two hours of pure comedy gold at the very least.

Duckman

Nah, he calls him a mark for how he acted in WCW.  Nicely mentions him, Hall, Nash and others as being to blame for the failure of WCW, without mentioning himself.

It's just the way Hogan talks about stuff.  So funny.

He also talks about himself being 'gassed up' and 'jacked to the gills' back in the day.  So he's now just open and laughing about the roid issues that nearly ruined him.  How times change.

He also talks about threatening to kick David Letterman's ass for hitting on Linda back in the 80s.

It's the interview that keeps on giving!  Should check it out.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

Don't worry Chris, I'll be talking to Ian about this one when we record later tonight.  Not bothering with Dixie's interview though.

Actually with the awards and WK9 chat, we'll have quite a bit of wrestling chat on MFX this week.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Duckman on January 10, 2015, 11:18:31 AM
Don't worry Chris, I'll be talking to Ian about this one when we record later tonight.  Not bothering with Dixie's interview though.

Actually with the awards and WK9 chat, we'll have quite a bit of wrestling chat on MFX this week.

Forgot about the awards. Wow I am more out of it then I thought stupid job and the shit hours they make me work nights 3 days a week usually 3-11 or 5-1am and then every weekend at 6am.. been dealing with that shit for two years now and they refuse to move me despite promises to do so for over a year and now they are wondering why I just stopped giving a shit.