News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

So Hugh G. Rection

Started by jagilki, March 06, 2015, 06:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Quote from: Mike Powers on March 07, 2015, 06:05:56 AM
Sounds like you're not really up to date on the DeMott story.  He reportedly slapped him in the head after he was evaluated, and diagnosed with a concussion.  When trainees took bumps wrong, he had them repeatedly take them wrong, to the point of injury, to prove a point.

I am not Powers , just learned about this ,  if that true , than fuck him and good riddance to him
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Kieran King

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on March 07, 2015, 04:02:06 AM
And what message do you send with a man who was 2x WWE Champion 2x WH Champion being dismissed so easily.  How are these for lack of a better term "nobodies" supposed to become whistleblowers.

It's odd for me since the lawsuit that SHOULD come over not protecting whistle blowers would be enormous unless there is legal reasons that an independent contractor or whatever they are recognized as doesn't have the same protection.

I was actually backing you up with that statement.

Shouldn't matter if they're ex-employees or not. The allegations come across as far worse than simply "sour grapes".

Drama Queen

The unsafe environment and sexual harassments are the ones that piss me off the most... But even the verbal abuse annoys me because of the double standards of the company, their pr facade of anti-bullying campaigns and their whole corporate image bullshit, when they have that going on behind the scenes?

Honestly I don't say fuck bill demott, I say fuck wwe.

This is a far more important reason the cancel network subscriptions than "I don't like the way this storyline is playing out"

Chris Shields

The thing with the verbal abuse, it's one thing to yell at a wrestler for doing something wrong, telling them, they fucked it up, yelling at them to step it up and make sure they get it right. Where it crosses the line is when you start using sexually and racially offensive terms towards one person in particular. He could have singled them out for really screwing up and call them a stupid fucking moron, and it would be okay because that's part of wrestling training. It's if he calls them a (and bear with me here because I am about to type some offensive terms, simply for the purposes of example. I in no way believe these terms should be used, and I am certainly not advocating their use. So before you go and start saying that I'm typing out hate speech or anything like that, realize this is purely being used as examples of words that should not be used.) stupid fucking faggot, nigger, spic, camel jockey, dyke, chink, gook, cocksucker, etc. that it's not only bullying, but full on harassment.

Kise

Um according to the report he was saying things like "go back to [insert country]", not harsh terms. But yeah same thing I feel you bro >_>

Drama Queen

Quote from: Kise on March 08, 2015, 11:03:17 AM
Um according to the report he was saying things like "go back to [insert country]", not harsh terms. But yeah same thing I feel you bro >_>

Telling someone to go back to a whatever country, when they've probably never set foot in said country is as racist as any harsh term.

Again though, the main thing that grates me is the double standards. Vince McMahon wants to present his product as some sort of culturally accepted entertainment (not wrestling, mind you, just emtertainment) and distance himself as far from wrasslin' as possible, yet the company still allows such "old school" practices?

Mike Powers

Quote from: Kise on March 08, 2015, 11:03:17 AM

I read much harsher stuff than that. Stuff about calling Arab dudes terrorists, and telling them to go back to making bombs. That kinda shit.

Then there was the naked jelly donut stinkface incident.....  :o

Chris Shields

Yea, he called a middle eastern guy a terrorist and told him to go back to making bombs, and I read one report where he did call a wrestler a fa--ot. The stuff he was alleged to have done, is over the line and not "just a part of training". I say alleged because there's a chance it's not true, but at this point it's a very slim chance. The guy is well known to be a dick and think he's a lot better than he was. I think NXT will be much better off with Albert as the head trainer. He seems to be a proponent of the hardass when absolutely needed, but positive reinforcement when it's deserved, mentality. That's the way you earn people's respect as a boss/coach/trainer, not by treating them like shit.

Fnord

Are you for certain that he wasn't a terrorist?  >:( lol

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

- While it's expected that Bill DeMott had to sign a non-disclosure agreement with WWE on his way out, it's possible his side of the story will come out through a shoot interview in the future. PWInsider notes that some outlets may be pursuing DeMott already to film shoot interviews.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Chris Stern

What kills me about this whole situation is that while Bill was doing uncalled for and unnecessary shit(so what if that was how it was in the old days, times have changed) to the talent, the true person or persons people should be pissed at is WWE themselves since they hired Bill knowing how he was since he trained the guys sent to Deep South for them so obviously up to the creation of the performance center which has cameras everywhere and thus a actual visual record of everything, was doing exactly what they wanted him to do..plus they ignored the inital complaints, hell people doing developmental in deep south would complain and ask to be moved to OVW, yet they did shit.

BamBamBunglow

I don't think anyone's made this connection (or if they have, ye gods they're keeping it hush hush) but HHH stated in his podcast with Austin that he has a "Live feed from the performance centre to my office". Does that mean he knew about the crap going on down there?

My thoughts on this - I don't know if this is all true or not, but given the amount of stories that all sing the same I'd say it's probably true.

Anyone who syas "Ah suck it up, it's the quickest way to prepare them mentally" is talking from betwixt their buttocks - the pressure technique was first used by armies in the napoleonic wars, THAT'S how antiquated this shit is. This mainly smacks to me of a guy who was never more than a mid card jobber being bitter, resentful and on an almighty god trip.

Fnord

Source: F4WOnline

It's expected that former WWE NXT head trainer Bill DeMott received a significant severance package on his way out of the company.

WWE is reportedly expecting lawsuits to arise out of the DeMott controversies. They were careful to clearly admit no wrong-doing in their statements.

There was a feeling that some WWE employees were aware of the complaints but didn't expect so many people to come forward because usually everyone aims to return to WWE one day as it's their dream. It was also said that while they were under contract to WWE, some of the talents that have been speaking out now were asked about the allegations and at the time, they said the stories were not true.

Fnord

After announcing his resignation and then thanking supporters on Twitter last week, former WWE NXT head trainer Bill DeMott has been somewhat active on the social media site. He wished NXT trainer Robby Brookside Happy Birthday this week and congratulated former WWE developmental talent & TNA Knockout Taylor Wilde on becoming a firefighter.

He re-tweeted a fan comment that said, "Keep your head up. Not everyone thinks the worst of you." DeMott also turned down an interview request from NBC Orlando reporter Matt Grant.