News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Pero Aguayo Jr. dies.

Started by jagilki, March 21, 2015, 09:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Shields

Quote from: Hondo on March 22, 2015, 01:47:34 PM
Well to be fair, once they realized something was wrong, they went home quick. The faces even stayed in the ring to address the crowd to distract them while paramedics rushed Aguayo away. Everyone did the right thing. It's just a terribly sad accident.

I also saw where the promotion has taken full responsibility and is going to pay all expenses for the funeral, burial and any other costs that would occur from the accident. Classy move on their behalf.
That is very true, and it's one of those situations where you could argue for them continuing and going home quick or stopping completely, and not really be wrong. I wasn't trying to say it was wrong of them to continue, just that I could see how that would have been a stop the match situation. It is good to see that the company is paying the expenses for the funeral and all of that. It's a class move after a tragic accident. You just know that moment is going to haunt Manik and TIgre Uno at least a little bit, and especially Mysterio. Even though he wasn't at fault in any way, he was the guy in the ring when it happened, and it would be understandable if he did feel some responsibility and completely left wrestling.

Strike

Quote from: Chris Shields on March 22, 2015, 04:36:53 PM
That is very true, and it's one of those situations where you could argue for them continuing and going home quick or stopping completely, and not really be wrong. I wasn't trying to say it was wrong of them to continue, just that I could see how that would have been a stop the match situation. It is good to see that the company is paying the expenses for the funeral and all of that. It's a class move after a tragic accident. You just know that moment is going to haunt Manik and TIgre Uno at least a little bit, and especially Mysterio. Even though he wasn't at fault in any way, he was the guy in the ring when it happened, and it would be understandable if he did feel some responsibility and completely left wrestling.

Scariest part about that last bit you mentioned?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/565111-rey-mysterio-considering-retirement-following-the-death-of-perro-aguayo-jr

BamBamBunglow

Quote from: Strike on March 26, 2015, 08:22:11 PM
Scariest part about that last bit you mentioned?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/565111-rey-mysterio-considering-retirement-following-the-death-of-perro-aguayo-jr

Rey's since confirmed he isn't retiring

Autopsy came back;

QuoteAccording to the Associated Press, the autopsy on the late Perro Aguayo Jr. is complete, and it reveals Aguayo Jr. actually died instantly after his in-ring accident took place, as opposed to later on in the hospital as previously reported.

Gilberto Cota Alanis, the deputy prosecutor for Baja California state, confirmed that Aguayo Jr. had three fractured vertebrae and was dead by the time he reached the hospital.

Hondo

Quote from: BamBamBunglow on March 27, 2015, 05:54:55 AM

According to the Associated Press, the autopsy on the late Perro Aguayo Jr. is complete, and it reveals Aguayo Jr. actually died instantly after his in-ring accident took place, as opposed to later on in the hospital as previously reported.

Gilberto Cota Alanis, the deputy prosecutor for Baja California state, confirmed that Aguayo Jr. had three fractured vertebrae and was dead by the time he reached the hospital.

I never quite understood some of the reports that he was alive in the ambulance or at the hospital. It was pretty obvious the poor guy was dead when he was hanging from the ropes. I remember the sheer morbidity of the situation, him just hanging there and his chest and belly not rising at all, not even raggedly. And when Perkins moved him off the rope to protect him, there was still no reaction at all. Even someone who is unconscious has ticks and movements and reactions to stimuli. And he didn't. It felt almost wrong to be sitting there watching it.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Duckman

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.