Samoa Joe signs full time WWE contract

Started by Chris Stern, June 01, 2015, 11:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

Source WON/F4W -
According to Sean Radican at PW Torch, Samoa Joe (aka Nuufolau Joel Seanoa) has signed a full time deal with WWE. It was reported by a source that after being very impressed with Joe's performance at the NXT tapings, as well as merchandise sales that surpassed expectations, Vince McMahon and Paul "HHH" Levesque decided to offer him a full time deal.

Joe will finish up his commitments with indies, and then report to either NXT or the main roster immediately.

Joe ended his 10 year tenure with TNA Wrestling on February 17, 2015, and after appearing at various independent promotions, he returned to Ring of Honor on March 1. However, on May 20, Joe appeared at the NXT event 'Unstoppable' in a show-closing staredown with NXT Champion Kevin Owens. Joe had signed a unique contract that allowed him to work for independent promotions, while also appearing on NXT TV.

That deal included Ring of Honor because their television didn't air nationally, which changed last Wednesday when it was announced Ring of Honor would begin airing on Destination America prior to TNA.

BamBamBunglow

HHH: "Vince, you gotta see this guy in the ring!"
Vince: "Damnit Paul, unless he can shift merch get him the fuck outta my ring!"
HHH: "But we've actually sold out the Samoa Joe teeshirts, Vince..."
Vince: "GIVE HIM A DAMNED FULL TIME CONTRACT!"

In all seriousness, YAY!

Duckman

Never thought I'd see the day, so glad I have!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.