News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Occupy Pro Wrestling presents: Pick Ems League Season 2!

Started by Alex Smiley, December 20, 2015, 10:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

This past year I began a Pick Ems League for my wrestling website, Occupy Pro Wrestling. I didn't make too much noise about it because I wanted to make sure I could work out any kinks in the system, and make sure I could consistently run it (the year before I tried to do a predictions league, but to no avail lol). I'm happy to say I got some good results out of it, so for Season 2 I'm pulling out all the stops, and that means shouting about it from the rooftops.

I just sent my first email to the mailing list I'm running (which I'll plug in just a second), but here's the basic gist of the league:

• You make your picks on upcoming wrestling shows, setting a different point amount per match. If you guess the match correctly, you get the points for that match!
  • You collect points throughout the season for correctly guessing matches, leading up to prizes each month and at the end of the season!
  • I'm giving away a FREE digital download each month from the IWC and RWA libraries courtesy of my friends at Sorgatron Media and IndyWrestling.US! These libraries feature names of indy wrestling past and present and go back to 2010 and beyond! And, the lucky winner at the end of the season will win a free t-shirt from ProWrestlingTees.com! (PWT is NOT a sponsor of the league, I just like the idea of getting you a shirt from such a good variety of fine quality merchandise lol)

To give you an idea of what promotions I'm looking at for Season 2, here's the list:

• WWE (live PPVs and Network specials like NXT Takeover)
  • TNA (live PPVs ONLY, not the One Night Only specials)
  • ROH (live PPVs ONLY)
  • CHIKARA (because duh, and actually it was from the CHIKARA 101 forums I got the idea to do this Pick Ems League lol)
  • PWG (with the obvious exception of any card they don't announce ahead of time, like Mystery Vortex lol)
  • AIW
  • Beyond Wrestling
  • Inspire Pro

Season 1 had a bit of trial and error in determining a good list of feds to follow, and I've decided these are the best ones to go by. TNA is the only one up in the air given their television status, but they still have 4 PPVs a year so I've decided to keep them. (Fnord can tell you from experience, I offered "LOLTNA" bonuses that I might bring back for next season lol)

If you're interested in playing, or would just like updates from time to time, let me know via PM with your name and email address so I can add you to the mailing list! For full rules and the leaderboard to give you an idea how things are run, check out my totally awesome Tumblr hub at http://wrestlingpickems.tumblr.com

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.