Impact vs RAW thoughts by Sir Ian Trumps

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, March 10, 2010, 11:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

IMPACT:

- Opening match was fine. Sting going mental was a nice touch. Brooke Hogan needs acting lessons badly and who the fuck is Jennifer. Really didnt need to see Brooke Hogan in this at all. Nobody cares about her and cross promoting a Z List celebrity with them does them no good.

- X Division meeting in the ring was nice. Nice to see them pushing this on Impact as the difference between the two brands. Bischoff great promo and then the impromtu match as well. I really hope some people changed the channel and saw this. Kazarian Northern Lights Suplex move was fucking sweet as! Great amount of time and a hell of a finish. Having Shannon Moore come down was sweet as well just to add more to the night.

- Dixie Carter...way to cut an intense promo...NOT!

- TNA Knockouts...Beautiful People are just smoking honestly! TNA promotes their Knockout division so well, WWE could really learn something from this. Beautiful People getting the gold is smart booking as well. Even the less ring savy wrestlers look better than most the WWE diva in ring performers.

- Pope attacked kind of lame...Taz doing his RVD spoiler...LAMER!

- RVD vs Sting wasnt as bad as people made out. Honestly, RVD gets to show off his quick offense and work with a popping crowd, Sting does lose any heat cause of the post match beat down. Hogan looked like a drunk coming out with his fat mate trying to stop getting his arse kicked lol. Sting's goatee makes him evil...

- Speaking of Beards Just For Men spokesperson Kevin Nash comes out and delivers a wee promo. DESIGNATON X!!!! Scott Hall owns the microphone for one night I totally loved this segment and X Pac smacking the fuck out of Eric Young and Young's reaction then an impromtu match.

- Angle and Anderson was frankly awesome last week on Impact. Anderson given a bit more free reign in TNA has been very very good. Anderson is a great fit for TNA and Angle and his segment was good as well.

- Beer Money and Jarett segment kind of blew, match also blew, but it brings Jeff and Mick more together which I think they need to do.

-BROOKE HOGAN...FUCK OFF!

- Main Event Part 2 was a real let down from what was actually a pretty good show. Flair really needs to find out if his blood clots...I mean all he does is stand there and bleed and his blood brother joined in. Pretty awful actual wrestling match, Pope and Wolfe at the end was ok. Jeff Hardy was too random though and they missed his finisher.

Overall a good show, its nice who they keep bringing in new folks in and a round the Main Event. Far better show than RAW was.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

RAW

I didnt watch and write this one. But here are the high points/low points

HIGHS:

HHH's promo and Sheamus interaction was spot on
Taker and Michaels had a nice promo as well
The Miz generally

LOWS:

Main Event fucking sucked and you just have to question the relevance of Kofi Kingston when you were questioning the relevance of the others...I mean if you could justify Vladimir, Drew and Henry...Kofi's random run in was awful
Legacy split blows
Entire guest host thing is old and boring as hell and Bellas/Gillian/Hornswoggle/Satino every week is really, really, really annoying
Batista's 'drago' impression at the end was pointless
Michael Cole for calling Gail Kim sleak in a weird way and general commentating

jagilki

*Pictures Hogan and Flair in rocking chairs smoking a pipe and talking about old times.  As blood flows everywhere*

Russ

Good sum-up Ian, agree with most of it too.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Ash Bombay

What I question is this tho...

Obviously they have to have Randy Orton on the Wrestlemania card somewhere.  Probably some kind of match with Legacy, which is a let down. Because they have already done Rhodes / Dibiase / Orton combos every way they could in recent weeks. All they can do now is a 3 way match, and I think that would be weak imo.

Also, they off and on push Kofi Kingston, and he isn't on the Wrestlemania card? Really? He even does a run in, in the main event this week, and not on the wrestlemania card? Whose booking this?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Ash Bombay on March 10, 2010, 11:29:17 AM
What I question is this tho...

Obviously they have to have Randy Orton on the Wrestlemania card somewhere.  Probably some kind of match with Legacy, which is a let down. Because they have already done Rhodes / Dibiase / Orton combos every way they could in recent weeks. All they can do now is a 3 way match, and I think that would be weak imo.

Also, they off and on push Kofi Kingston, and he isn't on the Wrestlemania card? Really? He even does a run in, in the main event this week, and not on the wrestlemania card? Whose booking this?

Unless they get Kingston somehow involved...it has been rather poorly booked to say the least.

Gary

After his great work last year, Im surprised Kofi isnt in MITB to be honest. I mean Shelton gets in every year even though you know he wont win..at least Kofi had the push this year.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Ash Bombay

Nothing looks interesting. Unless they kick off the draft early and throw in a Kingston / Drew whatever his name match on for the IC title. After wrestlemania people take there breaks, and Smackdown is going to need another big time face to take UT spot. Unless they finally push John Morrison.

And is Rey Mystiero not booked for WM as well?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Ash Bombay on March 10, 2010, 11:40:06 AM
Nothing looks interesting. Unless they kick off the draft early and throw in a Kingston / Drew whatever his name match on for the IC title. After wrestlemania people take there breaks, and Smackdown is going to need another big time face to take UT spot. Unless they finally push John Morrison.

And is Rey Mystiero not booked for WM as well?

Couple of guys corrected me saying it will be more than likely a Rey vs Punk mask vs hair match. I also noted this too, but forgot about their mini feud.

Gary

SD tapings from last night answer some WM questions

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Ash Bombay

See, and here I forgot about Punk as well. lol.

But other wise, I don't see where Kofi fits in. Not with what I just read the Smackdown tapings. Unless they do the same thing for Kingston.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

RAW

- There is something about Austin which is just pure brilliance. The man doesnt need a script as far as I am concerned and holds a crowd in his hand. This is the sort of guest hosting they need.

- Show vs Cena was ok. Cena seems to be getting better face reactions these days

- WWE promo videos are still amazing to be honest.

- Sheamus vs Bourne. Well..gets Sheamus over, but he has been over Bourne before and it seems a waste to squash him like this.

- Michaels vs Jericho as aspected was sound as a pound. Edge run in was a bit meh for me. Again no clean finish. Count Out I understand, but we had Cena lose by dodgey Dave already.

- Orton vs HHH. Ok, we get the fact Orton is suppose to be becoming face...Cole and Lawler need to shut up about this and stop forcing this point home to the fans. They like to cheer him, let them be for that. Another shit finish though...also well done Ted DiBiase for wearing red trunks!

- Up The George!

- Tista vs Kofi....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Ok maybe not super sleepy...but I dont get the booking of the match.

- Hart abd McMahon was ok. Thank God for Cena and his stunt move...wtf...LAME!!!!!

Overall one of the best shows of Raw I have seen in sometime. Matches were good and the beginning and ending worked. It was a semi serious RAW a long way away from the comedy of previous weeks. Bravo WWE. Keep it up.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Impact

- Nice video package at the beginning. One big thing they fucked was the cut off of the Hardy thing from last week. Bad move, we needed to say something on this.

- Hulk's Hummer! Taz saying what the hell is Abyss driving made me laugh actually.

- Not sold anymore on the TNA tron videos...just a note they seem a bit lame. Some of their music just pisses me off as well.

- Styles promo was really fucking good actually. I also loved the way he addressed old Abyss and this gay new Abyss who loves Hogan. Flair's head looked like a scabby minge post period.  Flair apparently stripping in rage explains so much...not. Flair proving he is in fact a woman's time of the month again was just weird...Hardy coming out was good. AJ's great promo continued, slight muff up at the end, but still he is doing well. Flair going all drug talking in some weird promo kind of sucked. Apparently Hardy is Sting...but we already have Sting. WTF?

- Oh dear...Foley getting a haircut?

- Nasty Boys. I cannot for the life of me get why folks have a problem with them. They come in, they work, they add a bit of nostalgia. BROTHER RUNT!!!!! There really is nothing different that the Nasties do then half of WWE's roster. I really cannot see the problem with them at all. Dudleys and Nastys would have at some stage been a dream feud. Hasnt been done its been done now...works for me.

- I didnt like the Wolf Pack backstage segment. Lame.

- Angle/Pope vs Anderson/Wolfe was fucking money. Pin was shit though. Anderson and Angle has been a great build again. Anderson is brilliant.

- Bischoff and Hogan...seems like its starting to slowly roll...I like this a lot. I am wondering whether it will be a split of the roster in the end. Which will be nice. A battle for power of TNA. Hey...it could be very good.

- One night with the Beautiful People would complete me!

- Taz again made me laugh with the Dafeny and Angelnia match and the call on 'can this hurt a woman'

- Hmmmm has Sting got bad BO or something Hogan can smell him a lot. Bischoff...must be a Triple B fan.

- Loving the Bischoff character right now.

- Nash vs Hall for five minutes...ughhh. This is getting really really bad.

- Hernandez vs Beer Money was fine. Blue Print and Hernadez split up would suck for the record. But I think Morgan could be a major star for TNA on the singles scene as well.

- Foley gets a haircut...I would rather watch listen to Jay on the Ian and Jay Show. Bischoff still has more hair than Hogan.

- Another promo segments...kind of getting boring...X division dudes make it interesting.

- Abyss' promo was actually quite good. I am getting a bit more what they are doing with his character. Basically Hogan digs massive dumb mental retards and gives them rings.

- Hardy and Styles was match of the week for both shows. TNA build off this please. Flair delivers some really crap chair shots lol. GREAT SPOT AT THE END!

TNA had a very strong finish, but I can see why folks watched RAW more. SCSA was awesome and the TNA segments werent good this week. Hopefully we can settle now we have done most the surprise run ins and new dudes coming in.

Drama Queen

Anderson has been really impressive and plays his part in the story well.

Angle on the other hand makes me feel downright uncomfortable with his sentimentality. I mean this is a guy who will fuck anybody up one week to get a win, switches allegiances as fast as Russo can book them, and that's not even mentioning his real life shenanigans which I would like to ignore but they make the news for the wrong reasons, and now all of a sudden we are supposed to buy into his over emotional respect the troops rap?

Before anyone jumps down my throat about this I DO respect the troops. I just think it could have been done by someone with more credibility handle this role. Or at least do it in a less sentimental and more "go get'em" way like Hacksaw used to do.

And this is coming from someone who otherwise LOVES Kurt Angles work both in the ring and on the mic.

Duckman

Any of these love for the troops things seem a bit forced to me.  I mean it's a given that people support them - bravest mother fuckers on the planet and heroes each and everyone one of them.

Just seems when it's done in wrestling it's a bit like getting cheap heat for a babyface - if that makes sense.

Plus, when I'm watching wrestling I don't like being reminded of all the shit stuff in the world, like young men and women fighting and dying across the world.  Kind of like why I'm not a big fan of adultery angles or any of the other 'shoot' angles that goes away from actual wrestling.

Anderson v Angle feuding over who is next in line for the World Title shot and beating the shit out of each other to prove who is the best?  Now that I can dig!

I have to admit, Anderson has really surprised me since coming to TNA, looked much better than he did in WWE and even his in-ring work is improving, less head drops for a start!

Peace

Duckman

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.