News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Impact vs RAW thoughts by Sir Ian Trumps

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, March 10, 2010, 11:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

22nd March RAW

- Michaels and Taker opening segment was solid. Nice merchandise seller as well lol! Then we get...Pete Rose...for fucks sake. Now that was lame and Cole....FUCK YOUR SEGWAY. MOP FOR RAW! MOP FOR RAW!

- Big Show kind of blows on commentary. I am really not digging Truth and Morrison as a team. Miz and Morrison was not a bad match at all. Morrison's finished always looks sick as hell.

- Jack Swagger has my shirt and tie combination....and now apparently they have decided to give Kofi a Mania based match. Dont say CONTROLLED FRENZY you fucker. Swagger apparently took lessons from Big Show in commentary. I dont see the point of this late entry in Kofi Kingston. But he's a good addition to the card. Match blew.

- After Swagger's lisp...we get another lisp in Cody Rhodes. Not bad on the microphone. Jagmus comes out and I think is looking more and more the part these days. I do like the way earlier they refered to the tension still between HHH and Orton. Match wasnt too bad and I like the way Sheamus got the pin to be honest.

- Another Bret Hart promo...this feud seems to be stale already. Bret was ok...but it just seemed kind of a lame moment for me. I dont know, its just fallen off the radar as far as interest goes.

- Will Kane ever learn jumping from the top rope for 12 years has never worked once for him.... Kane I still think is a great big man. Michaels and him had a decent match. Loved the Taker and Kane switch moment. Great moment, great finish.

- That Cena and Batsitsa face pic looks lame!

- Uecker deserves for a celebrtiy wing to go in the wing...big impact in the old days of Mania.

- Skipped the womans match...

- Rose  skit was lame...

- Batista promo and Cena moment was very good.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Finally got around to watching the TNA Impact this week and I have to say here is a short run down.

GREAT SHOW

All those who have criticized their storylines, they are coming together nicely now and the Hogan and Bischoff divide is there for all to be seen.

Hopefully next week will deliver as well.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

RAW - 29th March

- Opening video package for HBK was nice, although I think hiring the orchestra who did the windpipes for Lord of the Rings smacked of gayness.

- Batista. Could this be his one chance to actually make me a semi fan of his. I mean I might even be starting to buy him as a heel. He cant wrestle a lick, but lets be honest, he has a decent look as a heel. The one good thing that could come of this, is if they can promote him right...they might be able to get Cena over more with the fans who hate his guts. Cena no doubt is pretty great on the microphone, I still wish they would tweak his gimmick slightly, the Sunkist look is horrible to be honest. I liked the part of his promo where he played off the typical heel response to a rematch. Nice, kind of a carny trick of the crowd that works well. SWAGGER WTF! NOW this was a really good opening to RAW, from now on a lack of Guest Hosts would be great.

- Rockers for the win! Where was Shane Stylez?

- WOHOO! MILLION DOLLARMAN! BOO!!! PIPER! Why are we pretending King has some gay highschool girl crush secret thats making Michael Cole jizz in his pants. Fucking get on with it. Oh right...now we get the useless guest hosts from apparently (IGWT) one of the worst comedies going right now. The no sell of the crowd was awesome to these morons. This is why I hate RAW. We are having a show suppose to be saying goodbye to one of the greats of all time and we put it together with this shite....what the fuck Cole is calling this solo. GET MOP NOW! Honestly, Cole really does sound he is one of those announcers in a store telling you about the specials in Aisle 16. Match was fine, ending was kind of lame. Side note...who was the dude who looked like Patrick Duffy on the face legends lol. He is always around in backstage skits.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

29th RAW continued...

- MARK MOMENT for Michaels throwing Janetty through the window of the barber shop, one of my favourite alltime WWF moments.

- What the hell was Cole jizzing about the Wrestlemania Reading Challenge? Big Show stole Marc Abrigo at the end of this clip...

- NO MORE GUEST HOST SKITS...ok despite half naked chicks.

- HHH promo was top notch. I mark for this guy a lot. Total package without a doubt. I have no idea how people cant appreciate him. SHEAMUS! AWESOME MOMENT!

- Divas rematch was stupid...please do something with this division.

- MARK MOMENT ladder match between Ramon and Michaels highlights! Followed by Hart and Michaels recall...

- Is it me or is it weird that once more Bret has been upstaged by Shawn. I mean his return to Mania was upstaged and he gets a RAW apperance and ends up on a Shawn Michaels tribute show lol. Its like Scottie Pippen having his birthday on Michael Jordan's retirement party. Miz is Mr. Promo, really digging his microphone work again. 17 wins away lol. Seeing as Bulldog is my alltime favourite wrestler, I was pleased to see the Dynasty get sometime on RAW. Interesting end to the match.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

- DX montage was nice, if I was doing this though I would have linked this back to an injury status update of HHH from earlier tonight.

- END THESE HORRIBLE SKITS!

- King cant say Exile...wont be getting a job in T.F.W.F. then.

- Ok now they do the link in, I should so write this fucking show. Less nerds in hot tubs.

- I made a lot of jokes during Mania calling Swagger, Kurt Angle 2...but like now he has an Anglesque robe as well? WTF! For some reason it sounded like his music said 'Check My Pooh'...even more bizzare if you hear his opening line of 'do you smell that?'. Spitty needs some work on the old promos though. I think its good they are feeding off Orton being a face and no doubt a program with Batista is looming. Just dont ruin Orton WWE. I dont get why Swagger has gone from being buried to being top spot once more. Weird as hell. Cole implies Orton and Cena have common enemies...why the fuck is Orton caring about the other two guys? Do you even watch your own programming you short, ugly looking monkey kid.

- Michaels moment...something incredibly special. Taker coming out...now thats how to do business folks.

Overall I thought RAW was average. I mean there was really no exciting wrestling and WWE had this habit over the years of really dropping the ball post Mania. I smell it sucking from here on in for a few months. Shawn Michaels just deserved that moment in the sun. What a legend, made RAW obviously.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

29th March Impact

Ok I should have done these live, but someone was on the laptop! So here are the thoughts

- I thought a lot of the matches were excellent I also like the fact we are still building well towards the betrayal of Bischoff on Hogan

- TNA has done an excellent job whether the feud is comical or serious of building feuds

- Kennedy is the best promo guy right now out of the two companies

- The finale match again showed the Band can mess it up for small periods of time which I have no problem with because their characters are going to mesh well with the Bischoff betrayal of Hogan

- Orlando Jordan skit I am pretty sure was something before he was released from WWE they were going to do based on Jordan being an openly bisexual male in real life.

Overall better wrestling, angles are going everywhere, but the Michaels goodbye was just too damn good on RAW had even me choked up based on watching him wrestle the last 20 years.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

IMPACT - 5TH APRIL 2010

TNA are doing a good job of using the opening to highlight last week. I like this a lot about TNA.
What the fuck is this box thing? Can I just say I would like to fuck Chrisy’s box. The BP promo is ok, but let’s not be mistaken...sex sells and I would have liked to have just been a random dick running around that entire segment then!

One thing I will say about TNA is their crowds are very into the product for chants and cheering, it seems to sound so much better for TV than WWE does half the time! Did Hogan just imply that for Abyss to be a big boy he needed to beat TEAM HOGAN? Or did I mishear this situation. Abyss’ promo was actually incredibly good. I have to admit that Flair being in the chair is getting on my tits, but we now have the TEAM FLAIR guys and if you look at properly it seems some actual logic to the team booking which is something everyone rags on for TNA and I constantly say they book feuds which run somewhere. Sting comes into the ring...Jarrett called Sting...”Steve”...and then asked him why the darkside came out. Answer is surely his goatee Jeff! Ok seriously, this has now been going on 14 minutes and we haven’t had a match. Sting then DDTs Jarrett...Abyss and Hogan have the worst reaction time ever lol. SHOCKER...JEFF HARDY AND RVD coming down. FUNNIEST moment is the German exchange student with his camera pack, casually walking down to find his seat and not realizing he is in the way of this entire angle! Kind of a mixed bag of an opening...but at least the TEAM HOGAN VS TEAM FLAIR members make sense.

RVD and Storm doesn’t get an introduction, bad editing here by TNA. Calling and texting your friends to remind you Impact is on...thanks a lot. Match wasn’t bad, but then I never find RVD boring. The beer bottle shot was rather lethal looking to be honest. TNA is doing a lot of this lately. The post match stuff was actually very good and was good wrestling booking. Nice work there TNA.

More on the cock in the box showdown. Is it me or does ODB’s tits keep getting larger. Tara is apparently going to pin someone’s ass and cannot deliver a promo to save her life. ODB MADE AN IAN BOX JOKE!

Hmmm let us see if the theory on the Global title and Rob Terry is correct. My theory being is Terry will squash folks forever, it will then turn out that
Samoa Joe is going to come back and feud with him as the only guy who could realistically beat him potentially kidnapped and influenced by the British Invasion. Now Terry is known as The Freak...hmmm...if he calls himself The Sickness next week I am calling a T.F.W.F. lawyer! Terry pretty much squashes him. I can honestly see this angle coming out. Maybe not the B.I. involved in the background, but its a good opportunity to get it working. Orlando Jordan comes out and cums on his own face...is this going to be battle of the freaks...CUMTASTIC VS WELSHY! Taz asks us if we like boxes...did he not see the Simpson’s episode when they tour the box factory. It was boring! Ok so let’s see what happens in box mania. Kind of sounds like Deal or No Deal.

Hmmm I want to be part of the Madison Rain ‘HUMP A MATIC’ move. Tara wins then we MISS THE ELIMINATION in the commercial break. Fucking hell TNA, your killing me. Daffney wins a key apparently. Velvet wins a key as well...Angelina Love wins as well. My problem with this entire thing is that it’s too gimmicky. The TNA Women’s matches are far more entertaining than WWE and I find a lot of their women a lot hotter. However, it dilutes it when it is a so gimmicky.

Anderson and Angle. Ok, this seems very weird. Why are we seeing a Impact match between these two guys over a key. Ironically it seems the ring
announcer is trying to figure out what the hell the key is for as well lol. I am not a fan of this match mostly because I really like this feud. I think Anderson is one of the best guys on TNA right now, his promos are awesome. Angle of course is always a joy to watch in the ring. My theory is that because of the timeslot difference, TNA through this match on there to keep people off of RAW. Again, it’s a good PR move for TNA if you look at it like that and seeing as the key leads into a reason to order the PPV...maybe it’s not as dumb as I first thought. Angle sick bump over the top of the ropes and then a sick drop kick onto the ladder onto Anderson. MOONSAULT ONTO ANDERSON ON THE LADDER! THAT WAS SWEET! I think the ending with Anderson using the chain to choke Kurt out was actually a really unique ending to the match. Good job TNA.

JB and Hogan in the back is good. I like the way that Hogan is still defending Bischoff. Then Bubba The Love Sponge appears...Bubba saying that it sucked with Hogan actually made me laugh out loud. Jay Lethal talking about the Mega Powers was fucking hilarious.

MCMG and Team 3D...leading to Band vs 3D match, I am not against this. It’s simple mid card programming. Kind of like what they did with the Nasty Boys. Hall looking better most weeks as well. I would prefer they didn’t enter anything with MCMG though. Promo wasn’t bad from Nash, I guess throws more questions in there.

Pope delivers as usual on the microphone.

Williams trying to redefine the X Divison was a great promo and then to see him against Generation Me was good entertainment again. That roll up chaos theory suplex is awesome. Honestly, this was a great advert for TNA’s exciting action and great technical wrestling. Wait...Shannon Moore can cut a promo? When did this happen! Is it me or does Moore’s music sound like someone else’s on the show really badly?

Team 3D can still cut a decent promo I tell you. I’d look forward to watching 3D vs. Wolfpac next week actually. I have to admit.

Pope vs Wolfe! These guys always look good in the ring. Pope is pretty over to be fair and I like the airtime Wolfe is getting. Thanks for turning up Champ at the end...NO NEED FOR ABYSS...AT ALL. Only thing it does is lead into the fight with Wolfe and yes now TNA is acknowledging how the entire of TEAM FLAIR has kicked ass tonight.

WHO WILL STRIP?? This is Deal or No Deal...Velvet Sky gets a contract against anyone...ummm kind of a gay thing really. Tara stick to wrestling and leave the acting at home buried along with your WWE career. Ummm so Tara loses the Knockouts title...ok...GAYEST ANGLE EVER! Except for Eric Angle...ok...so Daffney is going to strip. THIS ANGLE GETS WORSE...like Eric Angle. Why does the music for Three’s Company come on? Apparently the saxophone player from Sanford and Son got a new gig...then Lacey VonErich comes out and is hot as hell...Tara and Angelina fight out of the ring and seem to not having stripping anymore...COME ON WE NEED STRIPPING! THIS SUCKS...SKY THEN CASHES IN NEXT WEEK...WORST ENDING TO IMPACT EVER.

It is Impact shows like this which makes TNA hard to defend...

Drama Queen

The editing.

People complain about bad booking and silly angles and who should be champ and who shouldn't and who should be hired and who should be fired.

But the way they interrupt matches for commercials has to be one of THE biggest fucking weaknesses TNA have right now.

A few weeks ago Flair took a bunch of punches and chops... we all know what happenes when Flair takes a beating. He takes two steps forward and flops down on his face for the BIGGEST POP OF THE NIGHT! And the TNA cameras cut away from it.

And dont get me started on what they do during their main events... commercials... then literally less than a minute... possibly whole fully executed move... then commercials again.

I mean, come on, I know they are trying to make money but well... it's put me off and now I am not watching TNA and am certainly not watching the commercials that pay to be in that timeslot onSpike.

this would be a terrible enough policy if they were still on Thursdays, but they expect people not to flip over to WWE as bad as it is during this bullshit?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

RAW 5th April

-   Check My Pooh comes out...Cole needs to really just fuck off. I honestly cannot stand this man’s commentary. It is getting to the stage where I am considering muting RAW. Nice Smackdown flashback to show what is going on with Smackdown I would say it’s a good promotion for those who aren’t tuning in on Friday Nights. I actually like Swagger in the ring, I think he has a ton of potential. I also get the impression due to his lisp that WWE has told him to slow down his speaking a bit. Obviously something he cannot help, but how long until they start calling him Cindy Brady? I mean a lot of the times WWE uses people’s looks and what not as a cheat heat thing that faces can use against heels. See Ginger Pale pretender to the throne Sheamus for details. Cena is getting better on the microphone, I notice he uses a lot of crowd references to get them involved. Good work there WWE cause it means he is going to get some sort of reaction I guess...good or bad I guess. I don’t know if Cena putting the title on the line is a good idea...well it seems that ain’t going to happen. To quote Jag “I’ve Got Oysters In My Bed” comes out. Then the only theme music which I can seemingly understand in my old age and it’s a fricking mix lol come out...here comes Miz. Miz is brilliant on the microphone as I say every week. A future WWE Main Eventer...ruined by David Orangutan...seriously. David sounds like he takes up the NXT hole! Why has Cena/Batista been booked vs. ShowMiz...fucking come on for Christ’s sake...

-   SOS I NEEDED SHELTER comes out...the man now billed from Ghana. My question is how many people will still have Jamaica based signs in the crowd and here comes that man mentioned earlier Sheamus. Now for me...this guy is pretty fucking good. The fans really don’t like him and Sheamus can work a match. I am looking forward to this bout. When Michael Cole is commentating on Sheamus, it sounds like he wants to take his knob out and whack one out to him...honestly Cole STOP SOUNDING SO GAY! REALLY FOR FUCKS SAKE COLE...just folks, listen to this guy call a match...he says lines like ‘Look at Kingston’ then pauses for no reason for like 15 seconds. WTF is that for commentary. Kingston seems to pretty much getting squashed recently. Did he do something wrong? Sheamus now apparently has a weapon of choice, so if I am a betting man it will be Pipe vs Sledgehammer at some stage in the future. Weird angle cut away to HHH walking and then back to Sheamus to the ring. Sheamus fluffs a few lines on the old promo, but I like his promos anyway, he totally saves it later on in the promo before HHH comes out. I am properly feeling this feud now. Good job WWE. As predicted out comes the Sledgehammer...Sheamus hightails it out of there and HHH looks like the man. I am really into this now. WWE you made me a fan of this one. HHH has line of the night...AWESOME!

-   Apparently Orangutan gets his ideas from TNA...with this dressed best battleroyal...I think this might be worse than the TNA idea. At least we aren’t ending the show with this like TNA did. Maryse’s bitchy comments are actually quite funny. Apparently we change the rules for the Divas battleroyal...you just have to fall out of the ring apparently. Michael Cole apparently tries to pull Maryse by pronouncing her name. This is just horrible crowd killing wrestling. LMAO! MICHAEL COLE WOULD DATE HIS SISTER! Nice one Maryse...like any woman would date Michael Cole.

-   WWE are desperate for Orangutan to get over. Simply known as ‘The AList’...come on Cole. This dude really sounds like he takes it in the ass. He does what people haven’t seen before...then they show a clip of him doing a botched spinebuster. Satino comes in after looking for the A-Team, where is Hornswoggle...oh apparently there he is. Satino really needs to get some in ring time as well. WWE are really pushing for Mania 27 already. Interesting.

-   Here is the match which to me is fucking pointless. So far I thought the TNA was pretty horrid, but what has WWE done. We are 41 minutes in and we have had Kofi vs. Sheamus and that is all wrestling wise. I can see it plays into a kind of chaos theory so to speak, but it doesn’t do anything for the guys. I can see David Orangutan or David Wheezy costing Cena the match and it will be a waste of time. Why is Cena pissed off he isn’t a Tag Team Champion? With David Orangutan putting himself in the match it smacks of what I just said a second screwjob.

-   THE RETURN OF THE MILLIONDOLLAR BELT! WOHOO! I actually kind of like this actually. Christian and DiBiase should be good. I hope they do more with Ted DiBiase and also push the Million Dollar belt more as well.

-   More Michaels love...well I think thats grand! Man deserves it.

-   Kurt Angle Mach II comes out vs Orton. Seems like Randy is going to Smackdown I would have thought. Michael Cole tries to explain the Madusa line...so is Orton going to go to TNA and throw the WWE World title in the bin? Good match to get Orton more over as a face I think. Orton pins the Champion...so two weeks in a row Orton pins the guy holding the World title.

-   HASSELHOFF on RAW...he is NOT THE MOST POPULAR MAN IN THE UK...fuck you Jerry. Couldnt have given us someone useful...

-   Did I just call the end to this or what...what a shit ending to RAW. Match was lame and it was just another lead into Batista and Cena.

Not sure who won this week. Impact had for me better moments actually, RAW had some weak wrestling and it seems that crappy sort of shit going on post Mania which usually happens. I think the horrible ending to Impact really hurt it. I don’t know...can I say each was equally as crap?

Black Death

MILLION DOLLAR BELT  is one of the greatest and prettiest belts made... love it

the Hoff is huge in Germany ...fucking HUGE  man   lol
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Joey WARPED

I wonder if anyone was like me who read the spoilers for the latest Impact (4/12) beforehand and thought 'clusterfuck.. what are they doing?' but then watched the show and thought it wasn't so bad afterall. How bout it? Anyone?

Cory

I know John Cena's STF is the worst thing ever.....if you want ANY realism for the kids, you actually have to make it look like your doing something.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

LIVE NOTES FROM RAW 12th April

Seeing as I saw the event live here are some thoughts, I might watch it as well over the weekend if I get a chance.

-   Got to the arena in London early and met my brother for a pint as we waited on his two mates who were joining us for the event. Have to say what struck me was how there was NOTHING outside the O2 really promoting WWE. It was a massive shame. No fan interaction...zilch! Notable fans were a guy dressed up as Bret Hart and also a guy dressed up as a Baywatch babe which was funnier because he was a right fat fucker. Met my brothers two mates who were a riot on the night one is a big wrestling fan so we talked over our specialist subject of wrestling of yesteryear and all agreed Skinner didn’t get enough airtime. Ha!

-   Seats we had were good for seeing all the action, but not up close which was disappointing as we were all prepared to spend a boat load on the tickets, but when we got them we got the best available which was average to say the least.

-   Show kicked off with Superstars and Regal vs. some Mexican guy. Mexican guy cut a promo got some decent heat. Regal came out and got an amazing pop. Got some ‘REGAL’ and ‘ENGLAND’ chants going, pretty much took Mr. Mexican to school!

-   Christian then went up against Chavo. Our group decided to cheer Chavo for the reason well...we wanted to. My brother asked who the ugly bird was who was coming to the ring with Christian, I pointed out it was not a bird, but Heath Slater I also then remarked if it was a bird, why was she topless...my brother looked quite the fool! Match was ok, both of course are decent workers. Crowd was a bit dead. Christian spent like 35 seconds posing for no reason which would be the first of the many problems of him having to wait for his tron replays to catch up to his live action.

-   Ted came out and eventually due to tron and replay issues cut a promo and asked us how we felt about him owning a Porsche basically whenever he asked for one. Our group of high achievers was more than happy for Ted...the rest of the crowd was not. We cheered up and screamed for ‘IRS’ to do a run in. MVP came out and we booed, the rest of the crowd cheered. How long is this guy going to play the unfortunate man routine is beyond me. It went over ok with the crowd, if they got no cash why pay for the fancy RAW you losers!  We then started calling MVP ‘Virgil’ which we thought was hilariously funny...apparently the rest of the crowd did not. DiBiase won, we marked out big when he slapped on the ‘Dream’ and then turned it into ‘Dream Street’ we furthered commented on how cool the Million Dollar Championship is!

-   Cole is introduced and GETS FUCKING HOUNDED! YES! Mop chant fails however...Lawler gets a massive pop from the crowd. Cole needs to cower in a hole and never come out.

-   We then had the announcer for RAW come out who’s name I don’t know. He informs us to get the signs ready and we will have a live shot of RAW soon, he then informs us he wants us to chant ‘HOFF, HOFF, HOFF’ when David appeared. This was booed because well, English audiences don’t like to be told what to do...lesson there WWE. Also it struck me this was a major criticism of TNA wrestling...note for all WWE do it as well! Then...for the love of God and I don’t know why, we had a tron promo/advert with Kelly Kelly and Honey Monster. We like pretty much else wondered what the fuck was going on and now explains why a massive Honey Monster was running around outside earlier I guess. Anyway, Hoff comes out...now the dude came out in fricking Kit so that had to be cheered...however when ‘Hoff’ chants were necessary our section replaced ‘HOFF HOFF HOFF’ with ‘FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF’, suffice to say little Cena fans cried in attendance and parents tutted at us.

-   Eve came out and GOT NO REACTION WHAT SO EVER. I mean nothing...nobody cared. We cheered Maryse and tried to start an ‘Ohhhhh Oui’ chant...and it failed...this crowd blows. We didnt even realize the match ended because it was over quick and erratically as well. Eve celebrated way too long again the famed tron delay did not help.

-   Now I think next is when we had some backstage vig on the screen which featured Hoff and Otunga, but I could be wrong. Basically Hoff booked some match for later tonight. The audio was awful, you couldn’t hear a thing at all. I shouted ‘Hey Vince Turn the Fucking Volume Up’ it was honestly that bad and it got a great pop from our own fans. Other than that the crowd was dead and asking the same question although maybe more polite than I was.

-   Miz and Show came out. Big Show is honestly massive in person. We advised those around us who didnt care that Miz was indeed awesome. He cut a small heel promo and we cheered because he was funny as hell. Bret Hart came out and the place erupted for the biggest pop since Regal. Hart talked about Hart Foundation and Bulldogs. Hart was very, very over in the UK and his mention of Summer Slam 1992 got some Bulldog chants going and brought a tear to this analysts eye! Miz made some awesome remark about 90s icons lol, which had us in stitches, Hart Dynasty came out. Impromptu match, DH Smith was quite over, but not as over as he was last time. Surprised Miz won this one. Lots of TV based catch up pauses as well.

-   This might have been the place where the Otunga and Batista segment went in, I can’t remember...

-   Bourne vs Carlito. Ok, this was noted by my brother to the extent that this entire card has been people punching and kicking, he said where the hell is the actual wrestling. We were in agreement. Carlito is now apparently ‘Currently in the ring’ as far as things go. Man has he fallen since the days of Chris Masters etc.. Bourne got his biggest pop for the ‘Air Bourne’, no reaction from the crowd the entire match pretty much, if it comes across on TV. Its been piped in.

-   Cena vs Otunga. Now Cena is over as hell in the UK. When you see fat bald 50 something year old men wearing his orange shirt and baseball cap, you know he is over. I booed the hell out of him obviously as did some others. Otunga cannot wrestle a lick. My brother noted that neither man can wrestle and this comes from a very casual wrestling fan at best. Still Cena gets his reaction and Batista does a strip tease. Crowd boo when he walks away, Batista is over.

-   BIZZARE SEGMENT with Carlito and Kozlov where they threaten to quit wrestling if they don’t get any respect. So I guess we’ll see the pair in TNA.

-   Kingston vs Sheamus. Sheamus hit a hell of a promo for the fans and was booed incredibly. Guy is majorly over to say the least. Kofi came out, I debated with my brother’s friend who is originally from Nigeria does it bother him a black man can be from Jamaica one minute and then Ghana the next and nobody cares. He was just glad he wasn’t billed from being from Nigeria or from London, bruv as he told me. To be fair, the guy was a riot throughout complaining about the price of O2 arena Pizza and threatening to steal a nerds chips who was sat next to him because the nerd was so scared to ask us all to move (my brothers friend from Nigeria is like 6’5 and built like a brick shit house) he went the row behind us and jumped over...I don’t know if any chip stealing went on. The match itself was crap for the standard of these two guys. Sheamus had a massive delay on his beatdown at the end as of replays...someone behind us a woman asked her fella ‘Is this real’ we rolled our eyes, I think someone might have not understood wrestling. I then got told off by event security for shouting too much. Nice...I said aren’t you suppose to shout. Apparently the rest of the area agreed with event security. I shall not be deterred! Maybe because the crowd was dead they couldn’t edit out my random demands of ‘Luke from the Buschwhackers’ or ‘Goldust for Champion’. Sheamus was a highlight of the show and got England chants again.

-   Baywatch Match was actually some of the better wrestling of the night, hell we saw a drop kick for Christ’s sake. Because they dimmed the lights to bring out Hoff’s chair, we thought it might be a ladder...we were sadly...yes very sadly mistaken. Satino apart from Cena, Hitman and Regal was the most over of the night. Crowd love him. Hornswoggle was also loved.

-   Orton cut a promo which we could hear! HURRAY! That man is majorly over as a face don’t ruin him WWE.

-   Orton vs Batistia like most the matches was kind of boring to be honest. Swagger run in I called at the beginning of the match and the Cena one as well.

-   After the cameras went off...Bret Hart who apparently in the last 2 hours inherited authority figure powers came out and ordered a title match between Cena and Batista which lasted approximately 35 seconds before Batista tapped out.

-   We left the show unfulfilled. I said I have now done Smackdown and RAW shows and MUCH PREFER the house shows to be honest. Atmosphere is better for a start. Next on the agenda is a WWE PPV and TNA show later this year under advisement of brother friend number 2 who said the last TNA show he went to was rocking.

-   Haven’t seen Impact, but surely it can top this event where seriously the crowd didnt give a crap at all.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Impact 12th April

-   Loved the way they kicked off the show with Sting and Jarrett. I actually think the team match has been incredibly well built by TNA.

-   Team Flair promo was brilliant and an old school wrestling fan it took me back to a happy time. I just needed Sean Mooney! Great start TNA!

-   Dudleys come out...now what a way to pop a crowd! Come on how cant people like this! Nice fight here, but my problem is merely Hall looking like some of the worst selling I have ever seen. Crowd were damn into this as well, I also liked the end spot although a little slow. I don’t like Eric Young, but he sold the intensity of his feud with Nash well.

-   More of the Bischoff and Hogan tease. I think so far this has been a good angle. I am hoping for a payoff of sorts here. Are you watching WWE and are you listening TNA?

-   Kaz and Moore, I really like the commentary here explaining how this match has effects on the contendership for the X Division title as well. Much better match than you get on standard WWE programming. Doug no sells the Tenay handshake...LMAO! Actually this match is insane, what a great showing for Impact

-   Velvet Sky is hot...just in case anyone didn’t know.

-   Hogan and Bischoff nice little vignette. Lethal and Hogan seg was also funny.

-   Liked the Tara segment for a change...Pope and Abyss was as always decent

-   Swerve on Sky vs. Love was actually sense booking wrestling. Take some advantage of the situation. Again nothing wrong with this.

-   What the hell was Abyss doing in the parking lot?

-   I totally like the Morgan character and angle, totally hate the MCMG losing their title shot here tonight. Hmmm not sure where this is going. I still think there is something in this with a singles push for Morgan. Good on the mic, good look and unique in the ring.

-   Naldo getting run over was faster (TFWF inside joke)

-   Hardy and Roode was fine. TNA again putting on class matches on Impact. Seriously with the dept of talent WWE could learn a lot of things. Hardy looks a little sloopy in the ring it should be noted. That can’t be beer its some sort of flammable liquid...to be fair great way to get people to go to TNA’s website with footage of the fireball.

-   Anderson and Angle video package was awesome. Anderson one of the best things about TNA right now. I also like the way Anderson turned it on it being bout Angle and not the armed forces

-   LMAO Jay Lethal!

-   I am loving this chaos being caused backstage by Team Flair and particularly Beer Money Inc.

-   Hogan with a chair! This has been an awesome Impact! Fantastic show all around and whipped the shit out of RAW this week which I actually went to.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

TNA Impact 19th April 2010

-   Given RAWs problems I am expecting something big from TNA tonight. Nothing like capitalizing so at least a title change maybe Global belt, but that would negate Terry’s push. Morgan has a storyline so not him either...Women’s division has had too much recently and I don’t think X Division is due one. Which means the World title, but I just can’t see that after a PPV, plus who you going to put it on?

-   Opening segment was pretty good. I don’t know what time this goes on vs. RAW, but its a good way of saying what will happen tonight and then use it to get people to stay tuned in. I guess there is something happening with the World title...though Hardy vs. RVD will be great, I think its got to be a screwy finish when they face AJ as both have great face love.

-   Nice of Flair to show up...

-   ODB/Daffney vs Beautiful People. I can see where people think that the Womens wrestling in TNA has been killed a bit, but these three hotties are 15 times more over than anyone in the Womens division right now in WWE and TNA lets them do a lot more in the ring.

-   Interesting use of cameras here for the Flair and J segment...fuck off JB.

-   Abyss, now I don’t care what anyone says about the gay ass ring storyline. I know the angle sucks. I also know prior to Hogan, Abyss was being used as a fucking bigger joke in TNA than he is now. So you can’t just pretend he has done a u-turn from a dude with no confidence to a monster, so they use this dumb ring idea. Whatever the angle, the promos are solid from Abyss and he isn’t being a big gayer anymore, just an emo tard which I can handle. Rob Terry comes out to even the score and seems to botch every fricking move in his big moment. Nice one Rob, to be honest...this is fucking dumb. Rob Terry has nothing to do with this angle and I still was hoping they would do an angle between him and Samoa Joe where it was revealed The British Invasion kidnapped Joe to get him brainwashed to destroy Terry...apparently not, 4th partner to be revealed later. Lets hope its not Funaki.

-   Shannon Moore isn’t over. I don’t care if he is reading his little weiner book. Matt Morgan I got high hopes for him. I am hoping he drops the titles back to LAX and then goes on a singles run as I predicted a few weeks back.

-   Hogan and Bischoff with a cringe worthy segment backstage which I cannot defend. Though I wouldn’t mind banging that assistant of Easy E.

-   RVD vs. Hardy was naturally an awesome match and a reason to tune into see TNA. Again though we haven’t been laced with a ton of matches so far...in fact is it just the Beautiful People match. This makes up for it. RVD wins...I am starting to smell a title change!

-   Weird gay sex love scene between Rob and Jeff post match with Christy Hemme as the spit roast subject.

-   Rematch of last night without the cage...an irrelevant Welsh bloke who can’t wrestle and given a mystery partner I am assuming another loss for Flair’s team and it is....SAMOA JOE! WOW COULD THIS BE TERRY VS JOE? Apparently...not...Joe destroys and walks off not to happy I am expecting. Flair is about to tell me something...then commercial break. GOD SAKE TNA WILL YOU PLEASE PLEASE GET THESE BREAKS RIGHT!

-   Something about a ring for next week...your killing me TNA.

-   Main EVENT! HOLY FUCK RVD WINS IT! I SMELLED BLOOD IN THE WATER BUT TO GIVE HIM THE TITLE! WOW! Big statement to WWE. I know some folks will see this as a match which should have been saved for PPV, but TNA needed to do something big to capitalize on the Volcano stopping RAW basically.

-   FINAL THOUGHTS: Not enough wrestling for my liking, some of the segments were naff, but RVD winning the belt was enough to tune in for sure.

RAW  19th April 2010
-   Not expecting much given the volcano situation...so let’s see what happens.

-   HHH rocks this microphone as usual, but it doesn’t really do much for me. I think basically if they could have brought some feed in with Sheamus here it would have been good. CM Punk does ok, thought the Michaels reference was kind of funny. Rey interference...meh. Kind of a dying segment.

-   Hardy vs. McIntyre...apparently not being called a VINTAGE VOLCANO. I thought they could have done something better with this. I really do not like McIntyre

-   Cena promo...says he will swim across the ocean for Extreme Rules. Shame...Batista’s wheezy lungs couldn’t do it. I don’t understand why they didn’t try and book a few taped matches from Ireland. Lame promo...pointless...nobody thinks you have been eaten by a Volcano John Cena.

-   Kozlov in ring promo read by King. Seems to be going ok. Kind of wish I would have seen the SNL show MacGruber...looks funny as hell. I am sure random Yanks can tell me if that’s true or not. Main Event sounds good to be honest. MacGruber said Uterus...I believe...is RAW allowed to talk about stuff like that? R Truth comes out for his match and is ready to go with Kozlov...and then he blows up...thanks RAW. I actually want to turn this off now.

-   More MacGruber segment with HHH. Apparently MacGruber pissed his pants...and borrowed Kane’s piss soaked pants. It seems to me the only thing lost in the Volcano was the script for this show.

-   Orton interview or apparently a speech...so we aren’t going to ask him any questions. Swagger is now on the stage. Promo wasn’t good this week.

-   Nice work to get Taker out for this match, thought he might take a few months off post Mania, given the last three bits of RAW, thank God they did. Match was alright, but Swagger is just being built as a chump. Also the crowd doesn’t seem at all into this match. Fucks sake we have heard about this volcano over and over and over again. Message to WWE you have Taker and Swagger in the ring together...why imply this is a substitute match? Match is not bad, but crowd seems really dead...Cole fluffs his joke and they bury the World Champion...again...SHITE BOOKING.

-   JerEEKO...actually was kind of funny.

-   KHALuber...feels like a giant rip off of Team America to me, did make me laugh a few times. Again does this not  piss on Khali’s goodbye storyline?

-   Man I am soooooo not feeling this RAW.

-   Great Sheamus segment as HHH comes out. Match was ok. COLE FUCK YOU FOR SAYING VINTAGE! I guess for a plastered together RAW it was passable.

BIG QUESTION I GUESS is what was better. I preferred Impact again this week.