News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Champions League Round Up.

Started by Duckman, February 26, 2009, 04:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

A pretty much perfect week for the 4 English clubs in the CL. 

Wins for Liverpool over Real Madrid, Arsenal over Roma and Chelsea over Juventus.

A solid 0-0 draw for Man Utd against Inter.

Out of all the games I watched I think Utd were the most impressive, at least in their first half performance.  Liverpool came up against a very average Real side and both Arsenal and Chelsea were solid if not spectacular.

So the big question is, will all four English clubs go through?  Will we have an all English final or will Barca have something to say about that?

What're you thoughts on the CL games this week and into the future?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I never know with Jose really he is one of those guys who knows how to get into oppositions heads. Wenger use to be able to do it as well in the day...for poor example of this see Kevin Keegan circa Newcastle.

I have a feeling we might lose this on away goals if we aren't careful. I would have been more happy to go 1-1 in Milan and then have the second leg where we knew if they scored and we did away goals went out the window.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

Liverpool played the best football of their season last night in whipping Real Madrid 4-0.  I knew there would be goals in that match but I thought Real would at least get a couple.  They look so ineffective without Van Nistelroy up front.  What the hell has happened to Hunterlar?

The Chelsea vs Juve game was the better game in my opinion.  Juve put up a great fight and their first goal was a thing of beauty.  That could have gone either way, but Droga took his goal very well to get the draw and go through.

What did you guys make of the first set of quarter finalists?  For those not aware the following are now through:

Liverpool, Chelsea, Villarreal, Bayern Munich.

Bayern fucking destroyed Sporting Lisbon in both legs, winning 7-1 last night to take the tie 12-1 on aggregate!  That is just crazy and goes to show that teams in the weaker leagues should be getting less, not more places in the Champions League.  They simply don't have the resources to compete.  Let's face facts, Bayern are an alright side, but they aren't the quality of any of the English sides, Inter or Barca.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Bayern is pretty much the German National Team....so i'd say they're pretty good, even if they did get rid of their best player this transfer window, (Podolski)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Damn, Giggs played his ass off today.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE