News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Red Ring of Death Club

Started by Bryan, July 15, 2008, 06:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Yes, here post your tales of woe regarding this epedemic which has taken...well...just about everyone I've talked to's Xbox.

I'm using my brothers right now because mine has a RRoD. It's not the one that people normally get; it's a different number of rings and I get E74. I reheated it for a few months but now it won't even work under those conditions anymore. I would go sent it fixed...but because of a technicality which is utter BS, it's not covered under the warranty that the normal RRoD is under. So I have to pay 100 dollars I don't have to ship my Xbox for them so it can be replaced and sent back to me in two months...yeah...no thanks.

So yeah, post your RRoD stories and welcome to the club.

Draeden

Yeah, well, not much to tell... fucking red lights. Mine went down a few weeks ago, not in a great rush to get it back up and running cos I know I'll automatically suck at CoD again. But aye, fucked up a little while ago, tried the ol' reheat with a towel trick and it switched on for about 30 seconds, then crashed. Restarted > red lights. Gave up. The box is in a mate's name so I'm waiting on him to ring em for me. Like I say, no rush.

Pissed me off to start with but I'm not really arsed anymore.

Judge

I haven't had it (yet).  I bought one of the newer model arcade ones, which don't have the shiny disc tray, it's white plastic instead.  Hope that means it's different :P

JaceGryphon

Bought mine (Elite) used at GameStop, with a used hard drive (what can I say, I'm cheap!), took it home, plugged it in, immediate RRoD.  Turned around and took it straight back to GameStop.  Determined it was just the HDD that was fs*k'd, so they didn't have any others, so I bought a 64MB mem card.  Went with that for a while til I came across another used HDD at GameStop, and it's been smooth sailing since then.

Judge

I bought the 120 gig HD to go with the arcade edition, so it's been good so far.

TaNK

I haven't had it yet. Although I must admit that I do get inicreasingly paranoid the more I play it in a single session.

JaceGryphon

I've left mine sit on for 2 days straight downloading trailers and such off of Live, no troubles.

Bryan

i think it just strikes randomly...mine sure did. new years day, turned off the 360 to switch controllers and play guitar hero...bam.

Dave Johnson

I guess I join the club.

It was on, the game (Fifa Street 3) wasn't loading proparly, turned it off then on, BANG that bitch happens.

This only happened 2 weeks ago.