News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

beijing 2008

Started by DaveGilly, July 20, 2008, 10:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveGilly

Anyone played this?

I just picked it up yesterday and I must say... Its bloody adictive. Currently playing online and getting my ass handed to me in a 8 event tourney.

Wow the button bashing isnt half hurting... At this rate, in a few days/weeks,  I will have a RIGHT arm bigger than arnold in his hey day... Its already aching like out of just a few hours.

On another note, is anyone online now and what may you be playing

Dave Johnson

Nah I haven't comes out here when Olympics begin.

What consoles is it on? I would like to buy it when it comes out.

DaveGilly

360 is what I have it on and its been out for a couple of weeks over here, I think.

Dave Johnson

Oh ok nice, once I buy a new 360, I might get it.

Whats the best event to play with? Like Swimming? Shooting? etc.

DaveGilly

I enjoy -

swimming
50m freestyle
100m butterfly,
100m backstroke
100m breath stroke

Track:
400m
800m

shooting:
10m air pistol

Long Jump
Triple Jump
High Jump
Javelin
Discus
Shot Put
archery
Floor routine thingy
Rings

I have put a fair few hours in already and there are many events I have yet to even play...

Events I tend to avoid

100m Sprint - Its all in the start and that system is tricky to master.
hurdles - Same as above, its all in your start
Diving - Its solid, just solid
Vualt - The control system is very tricky, to many different things to do in a very short time.
Weight Lifting - Need to build ur power by rotating the left stick anti clockwise and right stick clockwise... On heavy wieghts getting enough power with this particular method is hard as.
Judu - Its good in THEORY, however, can I hell do it.
Hammer - This is super hard IMO compared to the other throwing events.

Playing online is quite hard... I have no clue how people get such speed up on the running events... Pressing A/B alterernitvely as fast as humanly possible proper gives my arm much grief... Even with my pen method, which helps ease and improve. They still whoop me however... Either I am playing Mr Universe, with mahussive arms, or they use something better than a pen to rub over them 2 buttons.

The addiction factor alone is awsome in this game... The determination to get better scores to rise up the online leader boards... However these boards are still buggy, there are like 1 second scores for 100m.

Rob

I can only do the throwing events and jumping events lol. I never am good at the running or swimming ones, even back to International Track and Field
SixersEagles

[/center]

JaceGryphon

I dunno, somehow, button mashing olympic sports just doesn't sound like it would hold my interests more than five minutes.

Dave Johnson

It would for me whilst Olympics is still on.

Bryan

that'd be an interesting rent maybe, but i'm not sure. i agree with what jace says.

plus i never liked track and field....