News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

E3 2008

Started by Bryan, July 13, 2008, 10:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

For those who don't know, E3 is the biggest gaming event of the year...it's where all the big announcements take place. And it starts tomorrow with Microsoft's press conference at 10:30 PST! Sony and Nintendo follow on Tuesday, at 11:30 am and 9:00 am respectively

G4 is covering all three events live, so if you have that channel tune it. It's supposedly commercial free last year, which was very annoying because last year they would cut to commercial during the most inopportune times. Hopefully that's fixed this year. If you don't have the channel, they'll be streaming the events on their website.

Hope everyone is excited as I am! :)

JaceGryphon

I'm just looking forward to seeing more about the new Prince of Persia and Fable 2.  Beyond that, I can't really think of anything else I'm really anticipating.  Dead Space and Star Wars: Force Unleashed have release dates, so they won't be talked about.

Bryan

hmm. id like to see more of Mega Man 9 maybe, though most of it's been seen already. maybe some updates on all the latest Square Enix titles like Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy 13, and Chrono Trigger DS.

the most important days are today and Tuesday. there's always a big announcement in those, usually.

Excaligore

Think I might DVR this. Maybe watch live a bit when I get home if I'm not too tired. (Haven't slept at all tonight and I have class today... fucking insomnia bites.)

Might be able to catch the 6 to 8 or the 8 to 10. Perhaps we could get a ton of people online for sort of a discussion of it. Maybe it'd help inspire even more activity for this here forum.

Judge

Mmm...Chrono Trigger DS.  Man I think I just wet myself saying that.

JaceGryphon

Mega Man 9??!??

HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS?!

Bryan

Judge

Coming to WiiWare too....it's 8 bit!  Screw you Megaman XZFEREX21 Blue Crystal Edition!

JaceGryphon

Pro: NEW CLASSIC MEGAMAN!

Con: The return of the disappearing block puzzles....F*SK!

Judge

I must have destroyed 3 controllers over Heatman stage in MM2.

Thank you deity for emulators and save states.

The Insider

Well, besides the big announcement about FFXIII, I'd say Square's got a strong 360 line-up.  Honestly, I was almost expecting Peter Moore to show up with a tat for the release date of MGS4 for the 360, but regardless...a lot of the announcements took me by surprise, and I must admit that I'm impressed by the new dash...very intuitive.

Bryan

Quote from: The Judge on July 14, 2008, 01:43:34 PM

same here...i hate heat man :(

and as for the huge announcements today, pretty darn cool. FF13 was kind of a big shock, and the new dashboard looks pretty interesting as well.

Judge

Yeah, I'm going to post the FFXIII trailer in a bit.

Bryan

and Portal stuff was announced! :)

can't wait for that.

JaceGryphon

Quote from: The Judge on July 14, 2008, 01:43:34 PM

Two words:

Rush

Jet