News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

So I am thinking of buying a Wii or a PS3?

Started by TaNK, August 06, 2008, 11:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaNK

My question is:

Since my 360 has most of the games that the PS3 has, should I just pass it on it and buy the Wii? Or is the PS3 worth buying?

Black Death

I say go PS3...  but I am a sony whore ... lol
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Bryan

eh...i'd say a Wii. unless you're a final fantasy fan i don't think you'll find anything interesting in regards to PS3 exclusives. Nintendo has its own first party titles that are always interesting, even if lately they've abandoned the "hardcore" crowd. I also like using the Virtual Console and Wii Ware channels so that's a plus for the Wii...

on the other hand, Nintendo's online offerings are still sparse and uninteresting. and there's like, NOTHING on the horizon that'll interest anyone that they can't find on the 360. PS3 at least has Littlebigplanet...Wii has nothing.

its up to you though....Wii can be fun and so can the PS3, but i've played the Wii far more.

Excaligore

360 is probably the way to go. I traded it for a PS3 but that was only for MGS 4 and the fact I've already played what I wanted to on the 360. In general most games are coming out multi-platform. But 360 is a tad cheaper with better selection.

As for the Wii... overgimmicked.

Judge

Go with the Wii.

There's a reason that the combo is known as the Wii60

You get the best of the multiplatform games on a system that actually has players, and then you get all the Nintendo games and Virtual Console/Wiiware titles (which is totally worth getting if you're an oldschool guy, like I am)

Smash INC

Wii.

If you have two out of three consoles, this gets you the most choice in games.

Cory

l say buy another 360. 2 are always better than one.

X-Box > Sony

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

TheNthDegree

Go with the Wii. PS3 just ... doesn't have very many good games. Sure, MGS4. ...Umm. GTA IV is on 360 and soon PC, Final Fantasy XIII will be out on 360 ... ummm...

Yeah, go with Wii.

Jon Tees

I’d go with the Ps3 but not if you already have an Xbox 360. Both game systems are rivals per say in that they can do many of the same things and run many of the same games aside from exclusive titles. So to me having both would be like having two of the same gaming console. which wouldn’t make a lot of sense. As for the Wii I personally don’t like how the WII remote handles on certain games, its like you give it certain commands and it doesn’t follow them correctly or completely disregards them. The reaction time stalls and your character does nothing and the end result is their death due to failing to react in time.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

The Murph

Weirdly enough I had this discussion at work the other day. Also, and ever weirder, it was with one guy who was 22 and 2 females at least 45 each lol. I'm getting a 360 sometime after Thursday due to the fact that PS3 has pretty much the same guys, but is more expensive. The exclusive games they have are pretty much crap, outside of MGS 4 obviously. The Wii is simply a gimmick system. It has suprised me over its small longevity so far. I figured it might last a year and ppl would just give up on it, but people seem to still flock to it. Not sure why as graphics wise it is far from impressive and like it has been said the games for it are sometimes hard to control. It does have a few good exclusive games. The Mario titles are quite good. And it is cheap.

Weighing the positives and negatives though your best bet is a Wii. It has a few more good exclusive games then the PS3. That's basing it on the fact you have a 360 already though. If you were deciding between a PS3 and Wii without owning a 360 I'd go with the PS3 instead.

T Jay