News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

TEW 2008

Started by Bryan, August 08, 2008, 12:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Anyone have it?

I love it. I remember playing the series back when it was free (but it's still worth the price nowindays)

I haven't played it in a while though, waiting for a new mod to come out soon so I have a reason to play.

For those who don't know what it is, check out greydogsoftware.com and download the demo.

Rob

Yes I have it. I used to play it when it was EWR too. It's a great game.

I've still got all the games, even the rare TEW 2004 that was taken off the market.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Smash INC

I'm still debating buying TEW2008, but I haven't been convinced one way or another.

Any ideas what I should look into?

Bryan

did you try out the demo?

Smash INC

Yeah, it's not been conclusive enough for me to go one way or another.

The Cornellverse is pretty sweet, but is there anything in the full game that the demo doesn't do?

Bryan

im not too sure, other than new workers and new relationships come up each month.

you can also download mods that take place in the past, present, or future of pro wrestling. thats what keeps me interested.

The Murph

I love EWR. I still got version 4.0 and use it quite often. Still not sure if I wanna pay money for it though.

Ally

TEW always went too in depth for me.

Sometimes i wanted an autobook function, last one i had was '07, really got into the Cornellverse with Wrestling Spirit though.

I never make predictions, and I never will.

Bryan

i wish for autobookings return as well. it gets tedious at times making 2-3 shows per week. i like focusing more on booking the bigger events.

Ally

There needs to be in place a simpler booking system overall for me.

I loved EWR because it was straight forward and fun. I liked the in depthness of TEW at the start but it really became more of a chore than fun. That and the loss of the real feds and people.

Bryan

thats true but you could always just download a mod.

but yeah, I liked EWR's simplicity...TEW has gotten more advanced in recent years and it's turned off some people in the process.

Rob

It's gained more an audience than it's turned away, lol. The number it's gained is VAST.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ally

Don't get me wrong i love some of the indepth things you can do, i just get annoyed i have to book EVERY show when i want to concentrate on other things as well.

I would like the occasional auto-book function or maybe ask for 2-3 matches to be booked with certain finishes and the rest auto booked. Maybe an auto complete function?

Rob

It's a booking sim though... you want the very point and purpose of the game to be removed? :(
SixersEagles

[/center]

Quadzilla

TEW 07 was great, but I only ever played 'The Fall' Mod.

I have the demo of 08 and although I enjoy doing the WWE booking and stuff, like you say I don't want to do 4 shows a week, it gets too tedious trying to utilise everyone in different ways every show.

I did a TFWF mod for TEW 05. Which went down like a fart in an elevator, as nobody wanted to pay for it. :D

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.