News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

FFXIII Japanese Trailer

Started by Judge, July 14, 2008, 07:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge

God bless you squeenix - and coming to the 360 to boot.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36222.html

Bryan

I haven't been interested in the recent Final Fantasy games to be honest. But I'll give this one a look, for sure.

Judge

I'm an RPG Whore.  I'll spread my legs for anything with turn based combat and hitpoints.

Zombie Gunn

JaceGryphon

As a 360 owner/ps3 hater/FF lover, I just have one thing to say.

THANK YOU GAMING GODS!

I just hope the characters in this one make me want to vomit less often than the characters in XII did...

Adam Wrong

I hope the enix half of things don't try to shit on the franchise like they have with the last two games. I quit playing 12 after about 20 hours at the shit new combat system. Went and paid 7.50 to get a new copy of 7 and completed it and loved every minute

Bryan

i still haven't played 12. i have heard the combat system is pretty weird, though. i dunno if i'd like the change...

Judge

12's combat system is different.  I liked it.  Basically....it's an offline MMO style combat.  Instead of Random encounters, you see the enemies, and you fight right there on the map.  You set your characters up to perform actions based on situations in battle (if health reaches 50%, cast heal, otherwise, attack; cast flying magic at flying enemies, etc).  You pilot the guys around for the majority of the game, and let them just do their thing.  For boss battles, you can turn off the auto attacking and handle it all yourself.

It's interesting.  I liked it and beat it.  Final boss can eat my ass though.

Zombie Gunn

only ones I ever played were FF1 and FF8.  Loved them both.

JaceGryphon

Quote from: The Judge on July 15, 2008, 07:28:55 PM
It's interesting.  I liked it and beat it.  Final boss can eat my ass though.

He was a panzy for level 55's...

Brandon

It'll be interesting to have a female lead that doesn't suck ass *coughFFX2cough*.

Judge

Quote from: JaceGryphon on July 16, 2008, 01:05:22 AM
He was a panzy for level 55's...

I was around 33 or so when I got to him.  He wasn't hard, I just hated that one attack where he kills you....always.

JaceGryphon

Level Grinding would be your friend.  The strat I checked said level 45's should have no trouble, so the fact that i was level 55 by the time I got there, I just smiled to myself and said "Cake Walk", no Phoenix Downs needed.