News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., April 23, 2011, 01:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Wilkins

There are a few ways.  I can give you some ideas.  You really have to think outside the box.  What type of games are you going to create?  MMO?  Single Player?  I ran an MMO news website for a couple of months and had to do a lot of advertising for it.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

You looked into facebook ads mate?
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Mike Wilkins

I would suggest purchasing a domain name for your company, and then put up a word press blog on the site.  Do game reviews, game guides, and some other stuff related to the content.  This is really easy and painless.  You can copy a lot of this content from other sites, and even have others do it.

GoDaddy is really easy for this.  They have a step by step Word Press installation guide for domains hosted there.  I'm sure any good host will have this.

A lot of forums will ban you for advertising, so the best thing to do is to add some sort of advertisement into your signature.  A link to your word press blog, a mention of the game, etc.  It can be something as simple as:

"Click here for reviews on top iPhone games"

The trick is that you do reviews on big games that are selling well (Use the iPhone top 25 list) and THEN link your game in with it.  So on your blog you'll have like:

The Sims 3 Review
Metal Gear Review
Your Game Review
Dragon Age Legends Review
etc

So they automatically associate your game with that topic.

Now, in all honesty.... iPhone does a lot of the advertising for you.  Your buyers will speak for you.  You can release a free and a paid version of your game, and only release a few features in the free one.  That will give people the ability to download and try the game, then they will hit a star rating on it.

The higher your star rating, the more that people will see it.

With iPhone/iPad, your work is going to speak for you.  Don't release an unfinished/half-ass project or you will never have buyers trust you again.  They will avoid your products, and give you shit star reviews, which will drive your project further into the oblivion.

iPhone is one of the easiest platforms to advertise on, thanks to the user ratings.  Get a few friends (Like those of us here that have iPhones) to go ahead and download the game, give it good stars.  If you get 25-30 people to drop a good star on it, that will give you 10x-25x that many downloads which...If your game is GOOD, they will star it and it will go from there.

Keep in mind, Angry Birds had NO advertisement really.  It was just a good game that people liked and then it became the top iPhone game of all time and then EA Games bought the publishing company...

Bottom line, focus on ONE solid game...That's all you need.  If 25,000 people pay 99 cents for your game, then you'll have the capital to develop other games, which should increase the revenue.