News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Forums, Forum Leaders and Other Stuff

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, September 13, 2008, 08:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Ok, so I am freely going to admit, I have dropped the ball a few times on the boards recently. When I set out the stall I wanted topics in which I was a forum leader to be more interactive from my perspective. With TFWF, VWF, Knights stuff generally and all that I am finding myself struggling to keep on top of all the things we are pushing on here. Fact is we have been the model for the community interaction in e-wrestling to the extent other places have been taking notice and looking to pimp their rides more as well which I think can only be good for e-fedding generally.

So if I make a mistake or something, correct me, but I am throwing ideas around here so lets rock and roll, might take some admin duty changes down the line.

EFED GUIDES

Without a doubt the best thing we have got on these forums. I want to give a special shout out to Marq in particular for all his hard work. I don't see anything we need to change up here. Is there anything Scott or Jesse can be doing more? I don't know. But for me this is working at the moment. Great job.

Graphic Showcase

First off I felt this area had some problems recently. I am glad we have taken the bull by the horns and started making specific topics for those wanting graphics from specific people. We need to change the summary to take out Marq and include Brandon Watkins and Scorpio. So basically users know who is leading the forums.

EFED VAULT & FREE AGENTS

These places pretty much run themselves. I am going to make more of an effort to put this as an interaction with the show. We have already conducted an interview with Chris Lemke regards Phoenix for our next show to be aired at some stage. However, I think we can certainly tie the vault into the show as well. I am looking to make a topic in there where people can request their e-fed is reviewed by the Knights with as much critique as we can muster. I dont expect the faint at heart to want to put their stuff up, but thing is we are all trying to improve in fedding right? I think we have garned enough respect we know what we are talking about and certainly can aid others in their quest for advertising and looking at doing something extra. This could well be an important part of the show in the future.

Random Topics & Nook

No problems here lets move it on, though we need to add Rebel Child as a forum leader for the Nook unless this hasn't been already done. I would also suggest Black Death in there as well.

Real Wrestling

We have advertised 'Shipping up to NY' and 'Rubbing it Raw'. I don't think we have much in the way of colums here. I have seen B adding his 2 cents on raw recently. However, I know my good friend Sambo is struggling for time to do the show let alone 'Shipping up to NY'. My personal thought is we look to Kevin Hill to add his Raw RECRAP post here as well and make him a forum leader. His stuff on RK.com is very funny and all he would have to do is post it twice. 'Shipping up to NY' should not be advertised if we can't do it.

MMA

I have seen a review of 'Tanked Up', but I cant remember the life of me the joint efforts of Hatred and Mitch's name. We need to advertise this and encourage all the forum leaders to continue their colums.

Other Sports

Audibly Offensive Podcast is doing well so theres no issue there. I have seemingly taken it on myself to update information on the Fantasy NFL League. Kenny, I want to see more from you here mate. Possibly make you the official updater of information for the Premiership Fantasy Football league as well. Very popular forum we need to be doing more with it.

Music

I am totally not interested in music, so its really Tim's bag. We certainly need another forum leader and I would like to have a column we can plug on here as well whether its 'Tim Two Sentz' or something of that nature. Certainly we need another forum leader to join the fun.

TV Film

Glad to see 'In Gob We Trust' is still active, but I would like to see Tim again with a column we can advertise and 'Muprh's Horror Vault' or something. Again we need to advertise any colums we are doing in the info part of the forum.

Computers Gaming and Tech

'Judge's Techy Tips' is a must column I think. Also whats going on with colums for Cool Bryan and Excaligore???

Literature

We have four forum leaders here....I think we definetely need to get some order of colums and advertise it better.

Fed News

Works well no isues...

RP Showcase

First off Skelly and me need to b dropped as leaders in this forum and we need someone who will aid Scott in reading the rps and offering feedback. Scott heck of a job, sorry I havent helped.

Results Showcase

I plan to become more active in these forums, Skelly needs to be dropped and a replacement found for him

Mafia

1) Mafia League table needed
2) Ian booted from the forums leaders
3) M.D.K. in his place

Anything in the Dungeon

Honks doing his Honky best.

So whats the verdict? As far as I am concerned we need in some cases to lead these forums better. I am a major blame for this to be honest cause I havent been leading specific forums I thought I would. I therefore recognize me as a problem and need to remove me for someone else. We also need to 100% start advertising these colums and get some regualrity with them. So come on guys, lets get our community think tank going and have some suggestions!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Provided he would be willing to read rps and help out I would like to nominate 'The Rick' to join Scott Carr as a forum leader in the rp showcase.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ally

I'd love to take on a football (soccer) type column on in the sports section.

I also think the sports board needs to be broken up into various different child boards for easier navigation, eg the popular sports get their own child boards.

EDIT: I think Bryan is doing a good job on the games board he's very active and comes across as if he has a good opinion.

I like your MAFIA ideas.

I dont see how the results showcase is going to get much more active, unless maybe someone does a review of the shows in a IC type role? Or maybe have some kind of monthly vote for the best show? Have a league table with the best "buy rates" for the shows eg the shows with the most votes etc...

I never make predictions, and I never will.

Duckman

Ian, I've already starting tackling a lot of the issues you've raised.

I'm going to be revamping a lot of the forum leaders and sending out PMs to those guys who I think will prove to be better forum leaders through the interaction over the last few months.

There will be PM's coming out this afternoon to those people who I'm going to ask to either shit or get off the pot in terms of their Forum Leader status and offering up new positions to people.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

MitchMMA

Cory and I could probably start writing our column more often. We have already done two with the concept of writing one every month but if Cory is down for it we could write one every 2 weeks maybe?

Also we'd like to get some more fantasy games going on the MMA boards. We are doing the TUF 8 game thing and stuff. Also we have the official predictions thread which is always fun.

I'd also like to do maybe our own little fake "Ultimate Fighter" with like a Team TaNK vs. a Team Cory/Mitch. Something we could do down the road just for fun lol.

I do think the discussions on the MMA boards are doing well and it's very active so I'm proud of that.

Zombie Gunn

Marc has done an incredible job with the guides. Not sure if there's anything else I could add to it.

Bryan

i have started a new column in the video games section that will be posted weekly :)

i will also cover tna stuff. im sure you all are dying to know whats going on over there!

Adam Wrong

I'd be happy to hop into a gamin room position and sort out the mathematical side of it if someone can do graphics. I'd also be willin to help with the sports column with a premier league round up. Just let me know

Cory

Im down for anything in the MMA boards, hell. I was thinking about doing a NFL article once and while in the NFL board.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

The Murph

I'm going to do at least 2 horror reviews a week, with possibly more depending on my schedule that week at work. Also I set up a sticky for people to give me movies to review. And no it doesn't matter if their complete shit. Odds are I'll watch them anyways. And just so you know I have a 95gb cap on u/l and d/l so if I can't review everyones movies in that month, I'll get to them on the rollover.

Duckman

Glad to see our springcleaning of the boards has lit a fire under a few folks.

The main thing is interaction and opinions here guys.  These forums are lead by you because we know you will bring interesting subjects and great interaction to the boards.  We don't want you running around warning people and being bitches, we want you having fun, posting and getting good discussions going.

The forum leader thing is important, it's what keeps this place ticking over so well.

Anyone else with any other ideas or thinks they could contribute something to one of the forums, drop me a PM.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Adam Wrong

I'm on my phone so who is runnin what now as forum leaders?

Duckman

You and Midas are running the games one.  Mafia and the like.  The rest are just slight changes here and there.

I'll post an updated list when I get home tonight.

Peace

Duckman

Tim-Æ

Well I know I've been considerably absent lately from the Knights, and its nothing personal, I've just been seriously busy and worn out from the real world.

On the contrary, my over due review of Burn After Reading will be up at IGWT today, and I'll hopefully start my weekly music column today too. I'll make it a point to put it up every Monday.

Gary

the comics board and graphics are already taken care of boss

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.