News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Your year in Review

Started by Judge, November 22, 2011, 04:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge

As we're approaching the end of the year, what are some of the major things that have happened to you in the past 12 months?  I want this thread to be a recap and reminisce of how the EFK family did this year.

Judge

I had a few things happen

1) I bought a house.  Something that I didn't think would happen till way later finally did.  and I'm glad I did too.  Cut the amount I was paying out in rent by 1/3 and I have tons of room for growth.

2) Realized that in order to move forward, I need to change my life around.  Changing my diet, cutting out soda entirely and dumping the crazy bitch girlfriend were a big start.

Kurt

- Helped my girlfriend through a terrible year of her life.
- Fractured my knee during the summer playing soccer. Dud physical therapy for it too.
- Had an on-again-off-again workout pattern.
- Maintained a strong GPA in college.
- Other stuff.

Hasn't been the most memorable or best year of my life, but it's one that's really aged me for the better.

Justin

-I got married in May.
-Lost my heros, my grandparents, two weeks a part at the end of September and beginning of October.
-Made a name for myself at my job and about to get promoted.

Ty

Well, its been crazy for me

-January, my mom beat cancer (the reason I moved back home)
-Feb started dating a long time friend (we had been preparing for this for about six months)
Quit my job in march
Lost my new job in April and got hired in another a week later
Also in April set a wedding date
Officially got engaged in may
June, car got wrecked in car crash, fiancee and I got a truck together
Also, had my fiancees best friend who didn't speak English stay with us
July to September, helped looked after my blind Japanese mother in law who doesn't speak any English
Got married august 20 and moved to saskatoon Aug 22
Got hired and lost 3 jobs in sepeptembrt-Nov (short term work)
Leaving Canada for first time in December to visit japan for chriatmas

Duckman

Just pinned this topic so it stands out.  Good to hear about everyone's year and how life is going.

Good thread Mr Judge!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Judge

Well, Duckman, how was your year?

Gary

First half of the year got a job working as a graphic artist at an ad agency, which has helped me learn and grow as an artist plus its not a job, as it is my career and I enjoy it.

Second half of the year decided to transform my life completely by deciding to get in shape, have lost 45 pounds since late august, with only 15 to go to my goal.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Doug E Fresh

The big change for me was switching jobs and moving to a different part of Ohio. I went from teaching at one college to teaching at two for monetary purposes. It sucks a lot and I seldom have time off but it will have to do for the time being.

Compared to last year, I've had very little dating success this year. Part of it was still spent getting over the one I should of married.

Battling my anger with things in life, I've intensified my workouts and focused a little more on gaining muscle instead of losing weight. Unfortunately I've increased my drinking habit again. However, I've diverted my attention by trying an online RPG for the first time called White Knight Chronicles and I'm in love with it.

I've also tried to use this to work on my writing a little more and I think its had good results in and out of e-fedding. By next year I hope to submit a grant to start collaborative work on my first textbook. I also got the ball rolling on starting my Ph.D.

So it was an up and down year I suppose.

Kieran King

- Started working towards my Master's thesis. More work than I've ever had to do, but it's coming along well.

- Began the most serious relationship I've ever had. Pushing 8 months and going great.

- I've been working at University, and as well as helping out with some undergraduate courses, actually helped out running a postgraduate course too. People who were technically just as qualified as I was, and I was teaching them. Scored major points with the lecturers, which means I've got awesome referees to put in job applications. That leads me to:

- Just got a part time job so I don't have to sell my body to pay the rent for the next three-four months while I finish my thesis. This job is actually in my field of study as well, as a behavioural psychologist, so it's an excellent step in the door for when I finish my studies.

- I'm now just waiting on hearing back about a couple of scholarships that I've applied for. If I get them, then this will easily be the best year of my life.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Positives

- Set the date for the most expensive wedding of the year which is in 2013
- Had a fanatastic trip to the United States for a friend's wedding
- Added the notorious Mickey and Flo to our household
- Saw my best friend finally settle down with someone
- Another successful year at work
- Have so far lost over 2 stone in weight which was one of my objectives this year
- Am going to be pleased to welcome my brother's fiance to our family in April 2012
- Am very lucky to have such a tremendous set of family and friends who somehow put up with me

NEGATIVES

- Company cuts means I didn't get promoted this year as they made the new job obsolete. So I am looking elsewhere.
- I have an effective offer on the table of a new job, but its taking about 4 months to get it sorted
- I kind of wanted to move house this year, but we havent been able to
- Missed the Bears coming to the UK cause I was in the USA
- Annoyed with myself I havent stuck at the learning Spanish idea
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Dorling

Lets see,

Got promoted at work; not the promotion I was after but I got promoted nonetheless.
Built on my relationship with my girlfriend so that we have now been together 2 and a half years and will be living together come January.
Got 50k words into my zombie serial before taking a nice break and have recently started again.
Said zombie serial has been picked up by students at the University of Lincoln to turn into an audio book, and has been read by audio book producers.
Have developed a decent standing in the efed world and joined in several cross fed events, rediscovering my passion for writing as a wrestler.
Will have paid off my irresponsibly accrued debt at the end of this month (£8k)

Bad things:

Despite a couple of efforts, have gained weight due to sacroiliac injury, which may possibly be sacroiliitis, and as such will not be going away any time soon.
Car packed up just 2 days ago, meaning that in the same month I will have paid off all of my debts, I might have to accrue a new one to buy a replacement.

Russ

POSITIVE:

- Finished my first year at Uni with a first-class degree level
- Had a pretty solid relationship...
- Moved house at home which we've been looking to do for years
- Moved in with awesome friends at Uni
- Quit my awful job
- Got a free load of money from my Uni, awesome!
- Finally found two back-up plans if Medicine doesn't work out
- Got the Experts going again!

NEGATIVE:

- Ridiculous amount of work at Uni :(
- Had a pretty bad job for a while, but quit as above
- Finished said pretty solid relationship, but on really good terms so that's a silver lining!
- Went through a period of fairly bad depression

Overall a pretty positive year!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Adam Wrong

Bad Times
- Become frustrated with lack of upward motion at work. Am actively looking at other hospitals.
- Split up with girlfriend of 18 months
- Back went into spasm leading to immense pain
- Lost heavily at the hospital football tournament. Became the Scotland of Hospital football.

Good times
- Got together with a girl who has liked me for a while. Set up by her sister
- Got a diploma and added feathers to my cap
- Moved house into hospital accomodation which is swank and have 2 interesting housemates. An insane doctor and a Dungeons and Dragons obsessed ghostbuster.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Positives

-My nephew and Godson Rylee was born.
-Kept off most of the weight I lost last year and currently stand at 205 pounds
-Got to see one of my closest friends get married.
-Got to be there for my cousins wedding.
-Get to see another friend get married in a few days.
-Met some really great new friends.
-Went out on a few dates this year.

Negatives

-Lost my grandfather at the beginning of the year.
-Still stuck in the abysmal black hole of retail and being denied a promotion.
-Was supposed to move back in with my family and finally have a home again after 2 years of hopping from place to place only to get denied the house.
-None of the above mentioned dates led anywhere.
-The whole SoCal power outage sucked balls.

As the year nears it's end I still stand here as Capt. Lonelyhearts.  But hey whatever, fuck bitches make money to give to the overlords who demand we pay them for stuff am I right.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.