News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2008 Most Memorable E-Matches?

Started by MitchMMA, December 07, 2008, 12:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchMMA

So what were some of your most memorable matches that you have been involved with for effeding during the year of 2008? Here are some of my mine, in no particular order.

-Nick Maggio vs. Ken Fuqua (G-2 Full Throttle/ Jan 25th): Fun match! This was back when G-2 was just starting out, it was like the third or fourth show and I was facing someone who I have tremendous respect for in the main event. I didn't expect to win, but I choked that fucker out! :P (though he'd out rp me anyday of the week lol).

-Nick Maggio vs. Jack Hondo (RK Invitational Tourney): Now back then... I sucked. My rping didn't make much sense, and the fact that there were gimmicks I had to follow for each match made it even harder... but I still had a ton of fun. I know I really didn't deserve to get to the semi finals but I'm happy I got a chance to rp against Hondo, even though he whipped my ass!  :P

- Nick Maggio vs. Logan Gable for the G-2 Openweight title (Full Throttle: Feb 8th): This was an awesome match, the rp's were fun and the actual match itself was real fun to read. This was the first time I faced Gable and it was to determine the first G-2 OW champ... he pulled out the win in impressive fashion! Anytime I face that guy I know it's gonna be a real fun match regardless of who wins and who loses.

-Nick Maggio and Logan Gable vs. Ken Fuqua and a mystery partner (Full Throttle: Feb 15th): Just the whole storyline behind this was brilliant. Turns out my partner Gable is actually Ken's mystery partner, they both beat me down and form a stable known as the VDP "Vulgar Display of Power".

-Nick Maggio vs. Logan Gable for the OW title (G-2 SuperShow I: The Golden Gauntlet):  Just another fun match, since it was a supershow match the whole match was written in full, usually I would skim... but not with this one. Definitely a fun one to read all the way through... Gable whipped my ass once again!  :P

-2 Million Dollar Challenge (G-2 Full Throttle: July 18th): Basically a really fun match involving most of the roster. Lot's of fun rp's, everyone put it in good effort. The whole concept of the match was that there would be 2 million dollars suspended high above the ring on cables and the way to win is to jump up to the cables and pull the briefcase down.., ladders were banned, it was similar to an ultimate x.

-Nick Maggio vs. Dave Bermingham (G-2 Full Throttle: August 1st)

-Nick Maggio vs. Duros for the G-2 Heavyweight title (G-2 Super Show III: Last Man Standing): A fucking awesome match with a fucking awesome feud and a fucking awesome opponent! I didn't expect to win, but they gave me the belt... usually I don't mark for wins, but I was pretty excited since I never won a major e-title before. Honestly though, if I would have lost I still would have loved this match, Duros is a hell of a guy to rp against.

-Nick Maggio vs. Duros for the G-2 Heavyweight title in a 2 out of 3 falls match (G-2 Full Throttle Championship special): Just another classic match between Duros and I. The storyline behind the whole thing was brilliant (kudos to Mr. Chisel for that). Basically I won the first fall cleanly. The second fall was won by Duros due to me losing my temper and attacking the ref. Duros hits me with his finisher later on and is about to win the final fall but the time runs out and the judges come up with a winner, the judges pick me to retain. Then eventually we find out that one of the judges might have been intimidated into voting for me and thus making Nick Maggio an even better heel champion :P.

Nick Maggio vs. TC Styles (G-2 Full Throttle from a few weeks ago): TC Styles is a kid that doesn't have the best writing skills... but he works his ass off and I appreciate guys like that. You've got some people out there who have the talent but are lazy... this kid is eager to learn and loves to be apart of the fed and therefore he gets rewarded... with a win over me in a non title match.  :P

Nick Maggio vs. Duros vs. Logan Gable (G-2 PPV: Triple Threat): Hasn't happened yet... results will be posted tomorrow though. But yeah it's been a really good feud and the rp's have all been good reads, I'm looking forward to it. I honestly don't care if I lose... efedding shouldn't be about winning and losing, it's not a sport it's a game and I'm having fun!  :P

The PWC New Kids on the Block Battle Royal: The PWC Debut of Mitch fucking Sensation!! This was just loads of fun.

Mitch Sensation vs. Woohoo McGoo (PWC): Mitch Sensation vs. a cannibal= a highly entertaining match!

Mitch Sensation vs. Hannah Rickman (PWC): We had our little 'fling' in the locker room... which I thought was really funny to write. Then we had a match at a PPV, she won and she deserved it! It was my last PWC match though... as I realized I no longer had time for 2 feds (win or lose that was going to be my last match, I decided that prior to it). I'll always remember the classic locker room scene though, to this day I read it for a good laugh every now and then.

Mitch Sensation vs. Crazy Kyd (PWC): I didn't rp very well for it, but it was still a fun match! KYD's a cool dude to rp against.

... I don't feel like typing anymore... but yeah I was bored as shit when I typed this lol! I probably missed some big matches, but whatever.

Zombie Gunn

Ian Credible vs King Stan in VWF brings back memories.

Level One vs Black Death at Extreme Tourney.

Scorpio vs Agent Decipher Light at Extreme Tourney.

The 10-person elimination gauntlet at Experts Invitational 2008.

Black Death running the gauntlet in GCW.

Finnegan/Wong vs Arcara/Manix vs London/Black Death at knights tourney.

Cory

Cory Hatred v/s Nick Stevenson (MMA Match)
Cory Hatred v/s Brandon Thornton (Deathmatch for HiWF World Heavyweight Title)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Smash INC

Keaton Saint vs. Level One - Extreme Tournament 2008 1st Round
My debut match as Keaton Saint and my first match back in nearly 2 years. I have the utmost respect for Level, he is a beast of an RPer and really brought out the best in me up until that point.

Keaton Saint vs. DOZER - PWC Evolution III
Dozer credited this match with him improving his RPing skills to the next level. It is an honour to be told that.

Keaton Saint & Patricia Burrell vs. Level One & James Onlee - EFed Knights Tag Tournament 2nd Round
My second match and second loss against Level. This one was apparently a close call but either way it was a good match. I really liked RPing with Jessica (Patricia Burrell) as well.

Keaton Saint vs. Malachai vs. Juan Ramirez vs. Thomas Watson vs. Stargate Cade - PWC Halloween Havoc
The big all-or-nothing match featured over 10 RPs in total. A close match overall and something I was proud to be in.

Merseyside Brawl - PWC Merseyside Brawl
I won this one, 'nuff said.

Russ

Scorpio vs. Level One - Rival Factions
Legitimately SICK ewrestler and a guy everyone can look up to, he really helped push me to some rather good roleplays (if I say so myself).

Scorpio vs. Agent Decipher Light - Extreme Tournament 2008
When I got booked in this, I had no idea who Cliff was or what his skill was like... boy did that change quickly. Again a legit sick guy with some crazy skills and a match, according to Jesse, was ridiculously hard to decide.

Edge vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Sabin - HIW Last Stand
The last time I ever rp'ed as Edge in a rematch from what was probably the most hotly anticipated and rp'ed for match when it first came about in HIW.

Scorpio vs. Tank vs. Aaron Roberts vs. Kent Clark vs. Randall Dylan - Autumn Annihilation 9
My first TFWF PPV and I really enjoyed it, all the guys I faced are quality (apart from Tank's no-show) so thanks for the match and welldone!

Scorpio vs. Black Death - BLWA
I beat the then True Expert... don't think I stopped marking for a week :P
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Duckman

My Own Matches:

Fallen Angel vs Sebastian Cross (Hard Steel 2008 and AA9 - World Title Matches.) 
I may have lost both these matches but I had an absolute ball RPing for them.  The build up was some of the best I've been involved in and I think working with Tim is one of my top moments in efedding this year, just a great guy to work with.

Fallen Angel vs Pimp In (Death or Glory 2008 - World Title Match)
Another big match and another loss, lol.  The winning and losing is always secondary in my mind and the feud and the fun is what keeps me coming back.  This match was a ton of fun to RP for.  A biuild up that was about 5 years in the making, Pimp In being a TFWF legend and making his comeback for one night only against Fallen Angel was a big honour.  Some classic old school RPing went on here.

TFWF World Title Rumble Match (Dependence Day 9)
I think this was probably the best win I had this year.  Going into the match I was full of confidence but knew it would be one hell of a fight to get through 29 other people and win the World Title.  I managed to do it and this was one of the biggest wins I've had in efedding, especially given the competition I was up against.

Fallen Angel vs Dorian Wong (Monday Mayhem prior to AA9)
Marc who controls Dorian Wong is like Tim.  He makes you improve as a writer when you face him.  This win was a big confidence boost to me and helped me push the RPs I was producing further into the big match with Tim.

Other matches:

Sebastian Cross vs 'The Reverend' James Onlee (NOR8, Highlight Night 2008, Death or Glory 2008)
This was a huge feud in TFWF this year and probably a break out main event feud for both guys.  It revolved around the World Title at first and shifted to become one of the most intense and personal feuds TFWF has ever produced.  Both guys did some remarkable work and deserve major props for what they brough to the TFWF in 2008.

Eaton Gore vs Jose Ramon (Highlight Night 2008)
Another really well crafted feud with this match being one of my favourites to read all year.  It was a fork on a pole match!  Come on!

Project Nova vs The Flawless Connection vs The Extreme Players (Death or Glory 2008)
The three most successful teams of this decade in the TFWF all facing off for the tag team titles.  Just a pure tag team RPing clinic by everyone involved and one of the most hotly anticipated matches I can remember in the TFWF.

Ian Credible vs Kirsta Lewis (RKW series)
These were the first Ian Credible RPs I listened to and I loved them.  I also loved the way Kirsta would respond to them and it was wicked to see two people who worked together in TFWF getting the chance to feud somewhere else.  You could just tell they were both having a ball.

Rival Factions 2008
To be honest even if there were a few no shows on this event, it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the RPing one bit.  I was amazed by Level One.  Dazzled by the energy and effort of Scorpio and loved the work of both Tim and Crazyman in the rumble match.  A great advertisment for efedding and a really well RPed for event.

I've got loads of others but I don't want to be typing here all night, lol.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.