News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"Real" World Accomplishments (etc) in EFedding

Started by Smash INC, January 22, 2009, 05:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash INC

This stems from a shoutbox convo with Judge earlier on.

Judge's opinion from what I gathered was that any sort of real world accomplishments/accolades/belts and so on have no place in fedding.

For example, there is no place for a character who is a former WWE Champion (lol) or an Olympic Gold Medalist.

My opinion is this...

There shouldn't be a complete embargo on real world accomplishments if and only if they contribute to the bigger picture that is the character itself. The line has to be drawn at something like WWE/WCW etc Champion of course but a former Olympian is absolutely fine by me.

For example, a Olympic Silver Medalist in Powerlifting who is disgraced by a drug/sex scandal. He turns to wrestling to escape his former sport and rebuild his career in new surroundings. With something like this, it explains the character's wrestling style, backstory, their level of fame and so on.

Anyhow, I've been going on for too long so what are your thoughts?

Zombie Gunn

It depends. Efeds create their own alternate universe, and in most there is no such thing as WWE. Is there a such thing as the olympics in a specific fed's alternate realm? If so, one could be a gold medalist.

Tezmission Black

In any e-feds Ive ever been in I always enjoyed the ones that take place in the "real world" with WWE and the history of Wrestling, but mostly becuase I liked having my chars inneract with a wrestler or two if the shows coinside or have a wrestler actually do a Promo from the stands of WM or one of such PPV's but as for actually having the wrestler where they where in WWE before, I would only say yes if they where in a WWE based fed that allowed Orignal chars and had the same titles.

Judge

This stems from dealing with a guy who (and ask Exile or RC) besides being an utter wank knob, also claimed his character was a multiple time IGWP champion, a former NWA champion and had won the WWE title.  It just made him look like a giant fucking douchebag, and to this day he annoys the shit out of me.

I dunno, but after dealing with that, I just don't have patience for people that claim lots of real world accomplishments.  But I do see Smash's point about a former Olympic contender.

Zombie Gunn

It would be nice to see an ewrestler that claimed to hold a nobel prize or be a pulitzer prize winning poet.

Cory

Quote from: Judge on January 22, 2009, 08:07:57 PM
This stems from dealing with a guy who (and ask Exile or RC) besides being an utter wank knob, also claimed his character was a multiple time IGWP champion, a former NWA champion and had won the WWE title.  It just made him look like a giant fucking douchebag, and to this day he annoys the shit out of me.

I dunno, but after dealing with that, I just don't have patience for people that claim lots of real world accomplishments.  But I do see Smash's point about a former Olympic contender.

That 'guy' was a faggot.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Judge

Cory

What the fuck was his name again......he was one of the e-tards.

Jackson, Spiral, Jada, .......and this fuck.

Cory

Wow, double post. & HiWF's old forums are still alive.

Thomas Evans was that faggot. And now that I think about it, Daniel Joseph was John Cena to a Tee, and mentioned that his character would hang out with Cena and cut promos like that.

Level-One

This is a good topic. I think it's rather ''newbie'' to list real life acomplishments that weren't really real to begin with. I can't help but gawk at a application that is filled with 16 WWE championship reins. I would have trouble listing the championships I have actually WON going into a new fed, personally. Especially if you held the feds world title 10 times in the span of a year, wrestling with a said fed. I'm not sure how that works out  :P

But yeah, I also never aknowledge real wrestlers. I've had a few people drop a ''Mick Foley'' comment to me, can't quite remember the context, but I simply replied with---Who the FUCK is Mick Foley? I rather have the WWE, TNA, ROH history non-existant when working with a FANTASY fed.

Bryan

it is kind of lame to post real world accomplishments for a person that isn't real. all it is really doing is stroking the ego of the person in particular. i remember the hiwf incidents and i found it to be kind of petty. yet, you know, for those who experienced it you won't really find that surprising.

as for mentioning WWE and other real world promotions, I refrain from it. I used to do it on occasion but I haven't in a good while. it just isn't relevant to your characters world. why should anyone care if your person held a title in the WWE/TNA/NJPW if they're in a promotion that supposedly is just as big as them? it's like TNA constantly referring to WWE in their promos. by doing that they not only devalue their product by giving free advertising to the WWE but it also makes them look like second place, which they are.

bottom line? it's dumb. it's not needed, and all it doesn't accomplish much.

Double G

Former World Champion
Former Tag Team Champion
Former Hardcore Champion

That's all you need to say. I doubt WWE will mention that Christian was a former NWA/TNA Heavyweight Champion, if they mention he's a world champion at all they won't mention the promotion. Why? Because like CB said, you're giving the other fed publicity, which is why I know that a few fedheads don't like previous feds being mentioned in contracts or roleplays.

Anywho, I think you can have your fed in "real life" with WWE etc, only if you're a regional fed or something smaller. And besides, would a former WWE Champion go back to wrestling in your bingo hall of a fed? Probably not. So there are a lot of cons on this deal.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Anyone who references titles out of character as a CV is a homosexual if they think it means anything

Anyone who references titles in character should respect the realms of where their current efed is. For example if people came up to TFWF and in their rp were saying things about beating Ric Flair to become the WWE World Champion, I wouldnt be happy.

Speaking of Olympic medalists its a good point...same kind of goes for if they were a former sports star would you allow them to claim they played in the NFL?

And for the record Ian Credible is the ONLY EVER CWC Hall of Famer :)
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Smash INC

Quote from: Sir Ian Trumps on January 23, 2009, 04:05:34 PM
Anyone who references titles out of character as a CV is a homosexual if they think it means anything

Anyone who references titles in character should respect the realms of where their current efed is. For example if people came up to TFWF and in their rp were saying things about beating Ric Flair to become the WWE World Champion, I wouldnt be happy.

Speaking of Olympic medalists its a good point...same kind of goes for if they were a former sports star would you allow them to claim they played in the NFL?

And for the record Ian Credible is the ONLY EVER CWC Hall of Famer :)

Regarding the NFL thing all I can say is Goldberg.

Then I'll get back on track by saying that as long as some degree of sensibility is used then why not have a former NFL guy in your fed if the handler can construct a decent enough reason for the character to leave NFL and begin to wrestle.

Besides, we've all seen our fair share of outlandish gimmicks working, just look at Eaton Gore for example.

Russ

Scorpio holds the world record for the most jacobs cream crackers in a human ear... it stands at 3.

What?...
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.