News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"Real" World Accomplishments (etc) in EFedding

Started by Smash INC, January 22, 2009, 05:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double G

Quote from: Sir Ian Trumps on January 23, 2009, 04:05:34 PM
Anyone who references titles out of character as a CV is a homosexual if they think it means anything

Not the words I would've used but agreed. I mean I have a friend or two who boast that they are something-something champion but it often follows with lol or j/k or :P

For NFL characters, have them break someone, get banned for drugs, that works.

Split Second

I think that such things as Olymic Gold Medals, or accomplishments in past sports have a place in E-fedding, but not real titles as such. I mean, if it's relevant to the character, they could say that they were in the NFL, because I assume alot of e-fedding characters watch NFL anyway, but if someone was to come in and reference something about the WWE, I just don't think it'd fit quite so much.

Smash INC

Quote from: Split Second on January 24, 2009, 09:36:39 AM
I think that such things as Olymic Gold Medals, or accomplishments in past sports have a place in E-fedding, but not real titles as such. I mean, if it's relevant to the character, they could say that they were in the NFL, because I assume alot of e-fedding characters watch NFL anyway, but if someone was to come in and reference something about the WWE, I just don't think it'd fit quite so much.

I think that is part of the key to getting it right, being relevant.

If Keaton Saint were to win a title in PWC and then go on to a worldwide fed (VWF, TFWF, etc) Keaton would not be billed as a former PWC champion, rather he would be a talented indy wrestler or something along those lines because that is relevant.

Jimmy Chisel

I hate references to the real pro wrestling world in an RP. I remember telling Mitch to stop talking about UFC in Maggio promos too.  Any non-wrestling related or MMA related I'm okay on. People should be more  creative.

MitchMMA

Quote from: Jimmy Chisel on January 24, 2009, 09:16:47 PM
I hate references to the real pro wrestling world in an RP. I remember telling Mitch to stop talking about UFC in Maggio promos too.  Any non-wrestling related or MMA related I'm okay on. People should be more  creative.

Back when I was a wee noob  :P

lol I remember I had for my character in R4GE under accomplishments:

Former 8 time UFC HW champ

Beaten the likes of Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, Mirko Cro Cop, Jeff Monson, Cheick Kongo, etc.

lol!

As I learned more I realized the lameness of mentioning real world shit in effeding.

Draeden

Apocalypticus and his tag partner Tumultus were knighted once, but that was in an RP. Although I did mention it as an achievement later for the lulz.