News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Zune/iTouch/iClassic

Started by chunkylover, July 20, 2009, 07:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chunkylover

I have a massive bank of music and I'm looking for an MP3 Player to store it all.

I'm down to the 120GB Zune, which I'd have to import. The 120gb iPod Classic and the 32gb iPod Touch.

The touch is expensive and not big enough so I'm pretty sure thats out. The Zune is £209.99 and the iPod is £165.99

Either way, it's over a week's wages for me, so I could get either pretty easily, can anybody justify the extra 44 quid that the Zune's gonna cost me?

Brandon

The Zune has, or at least HAD and option for a monthly payment of 14USD giving you the ability to download any amount of songs for free. However, at least around here, I've known people that said once you stop paying for that, your songs don't work.

Really, I'd go for the iPod Classic. It's Apple, while ass holes, it's a reliable brand. Plus, iTunes is easy to use and much more user friendly then Rapsody. Plus, it's cheaper.

Tim-Æ

I'd go with the Zune, but I honestly don't "buy" music online.  It was easy to set up, charges pretty quickly, and functions just the way I want it to. I'm content with it.

chunkylover

I don't buy music online, my Zune would be loaded with WMP if i were to get one.

Like I say, 40 quid is more than a day for work for me, justify why it makes the Zune better. I would also spend money on an iPod docking speaker set and a good leather case, but I don't think these are included with the Zune.

Laura

I have the iPod Classic. Never had any problems with it, and it's a nifty screen to look at. I'd recommend it. You'd be surprised how little of the space you'd use too.

Russ

Zunes suck. I know loads of people that bought them, and then decided to sell them on to get an iPod Classic because it sucked so much.

Get an iPod Classic!!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I'm gonna agree with Russ and Brandon on this one.  I have a Zune myself haven't really had any problems with it, but the I-Pod is a hell of a better deal.  I-Tunes is a lot easier to use, u can add music from both a mac and a PC with the I-Pod whereas Zune only works on a PC.  Add in the fact that when I-tunes gives away free stuff it's a hell of a lot better than the free stuff you get from Zune.

And Brandon yes, once you stop paying the monthly thing you lose all your music which is pretty much BS.

Go with the I-Pod Chunkster, I need to pick myself one up soon to.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

chunkylover

Alright, cheers guys.

I think overall i'll still cost me around 200.
I want a decent leather flip case and a dock with speakers built in.

Judge

Yeah get an iPod.  The thing about Zune is, while you can get a Zune pass at 15 bucks a month, you stop paying and any of that music you downloaded stops working.  Zune's alright for what it is, but you'll be using the Zune Desktop, and not WMP to sync it.

There's far far more accessories and stuff out there for an iPod.  People will laugh at you if you tell them you want to pick up a case or something for your Zune.

chunkylover

Nah, I'm in England, people usually say:

Zune, WTF is a Zune?

Cory

iTouch....so fun.

LOVE mine...just jailbreak it.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Judge

Not much of a reason to jailbreak an iPod Touch, unless you're going to pirate apps.  My iPhone is jailbroken so I can tether and run some other stuff not approved for the app store.

chunkylover

Is there any way I can fix it to hold 100gig lol?

Judge

Uh no.  If you want to hold off for a month or two, Apples going to announce new iPod stuff in September, I think.  Maybe new sizes for iPod Touch and Classic.

Hyde

I have a Zune. I must be one of the only people in the UK with one.

I bought it in the States last summer, because it (at 120GB, I think?) worked out at just over half the cost of an iPod Touch (32GB), and I couldn't justify double the price for a gimmicky touch screen and less space.

I like it, a lot. It's very nicely designed. The screen is very clear.

However, I've never even touched an iPod Touch, so I can't really compare.

Downsides of Zune:
-You can't register for their equivalent of the iTunes Store without a hackaround (unless this has changed)
-The software you have to use is terrible
-Mine has a tiny design flaw that means dust gets in under the screen; I don't know if yours will

I had a nice surprise when I updated my Zune software a few months ago. They added in a bunch of new features and five genuinely good games (there were no games out of the box). For this reason, compared with old iPod experience, I would say Zune post-sales service is infinitely better.