News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

[BLOG] Doing Something I am Tired of Doing

Started by benhalkum, January 07, 2010, 04:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benhalkum

I knew better then posting a decently long blog that gave David Tyrrell a bit of praise, as every time I seem to give him a little bit of props he does something insanely idiotic or annoying. This time there was no change in this pattern, thus confirming for me that the definition of insanity certainty is true. For those of you whom do not know that definition, it is repeating the same mistakes expecting different results. That is insanity and that seems to be the circle in which is my and Tyrrell's relationship in this hobby.

A little over a week ago I posted a blog that discussed the downward spiral of the EW Torch, in my personal opinion, and how David was actually bringing the e-wrestling community something fresh with his EW Nexus. You can find this blog at http://ewzine.com/fmb/entry.php?13-Hell-Has-Officially-Frozen-Over-A-rant-and-revelation. In the time since I posted this blog EW Torch has become a bit more active, and a few people have been trying to bring a positive vibe over there. Of course, the negativity still overshadows that vibe, but it's making progress. As for EW Nexus, well, David was asked about pulling content from other sites without permission and changing headlines/adding tag lines that make the originating site less then pleasant.

A heated discussion was held and for a moment it seemed like David realized he'd fucked up a bit and removed some of the stuff in question. However, it was clear he posted the items he did just to generate heat. Especially with members of EW Nexus whom have personal problems with the people in which he lifted their content. However, this moment of clarity was shot down once he posted a new "lampoon" which titled one of the site's in question's champion getting  AIDS. David's explanation? "It's a Rick Roll." No Dave, it's you continuing an un-needed feud wanting to generate hits off of negativity.

A Screen Shot of Said Post

At this point I felt as if I tolerated enough of the bickering on The 'Zine boards from his escapades, and the private messages that interrupted my new post browsing experience. I decided to try and be a friend, plus diplomatic as his exploits where placing a strain on very respected affiliates. I shot David a PM suggesting he maybe make an apology to the people he borrowed from and "lampooned" as well as the EW Nexus affiliates. I also made it clear that I was reconsidering having the EW Nexus as an affiliate, as I did with the EW Torch. When a site's negativty spills over to my site, I begin to think that having their button/link on the front of the forums may not be sending the message I want to.

His reply was basically a big fuck you to me and The 'Zine. He also made it perfectly clear that Nexus was his site and he'd do what he wanted to. At that time he said he wanted to have a "mutual clean break" in affiliation, meaning he pulled my fed and The 'Zine's links off. This was actually good for me, as I had already logged in to remove his. I'm still waiting for DREAM and The 'Zine to be removed from the EW Torch's site. Maybe they'll turn it all around and I'll feel a bit better about being affiliated with them and it wont matter to remove it. Who knows.

Either way, the end result was the same. We are no longer affiliates. I've toyed with banning him for the 424535234534532453th time, but what is the real use? To throw my e-cock around? Would that make me any better? I may still just to keep negativity from him from spilling over, who knows. When it comes down to it I want to publicly retract my positive statements made about the EW Nexus in my previous blog as well as publicly apologize to my affiliates who's images have been tainted by David Tyrrell's doing, even if inconsequential.

Some people may say that bad press is still press and this blog is doing nothing more then driving people to the EW Nexus to see what the fuss is about. I wont tell you not to go there, nor to not sign up. Hell, it may be your cup of tea. I will though tell you, being affiliated with the EW Nexus in it's current state may not be the best move for you in the hobby if you are looking to affiliate with many major sites. Look at Dave's reputation, he is banned from almost every major community open. That is not a coincidence.

I guess I just need to get tougher.

*Please note that this blog is not to be redistributed by The EW Nexus, it's owner, or anyone acting on his behalf. The subject matter discussed within is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of anyone else associated with The 'Zine or DREAM Wrestling.*