News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"Handwritten Results"

Started by Brandon, January 31, 2010, 09:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Why do people use this as a marketing point for their e-fed? This is a God damn creative writing game for fucks sake! Honestly, if you're using a program or script to sim your results, go find a new hobby. Any fed that does that isn't worth the shit on the end of B's dick. To be honest, I can't remember EVER seeing an e-fed that simmed results / matches / whatever. Not that wasn't one based on a SvR video game. Am I wrong?

Zombie Gunn

I know ECFW had simmed shows on occasion, but they were heavily tweaked. And they were open for 6 years.

Brandon

I've heard of the 'Zeus Pro' or whatever it is, that you insert announcer A and B, then wrestler A and B, along with finishers for each of them, and bam. Really though.. why?

Double G

Quote from: Brandon on January 31, 2010, 09:22:44 PM
I've heard of the 'Zeus Pro' or whatever it is, that you insert announcer A and B, then wrestler A and B, along with finishers for each of them, and bam. Really though.. why?

Because they're lazy and they don't want to put in effort yet they want full results because that makes them look better.

How wrong these kiddies are, how very wrong.

It's not a selling point, it's just another thing to list to make them seem better.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Brandon on January 31, 2010, 09:16:19 PM
Any fed that does that isn't worth the shit on the end of B's dick.

LOL

B can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe VWF's Full House show used simmed matches at one point in time. Then again, the premise is that it's a house show, so there was little (if any) storyline development.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Zombie Gunn

I think you're correct, Alex.  Which makes that line particularly funny.

Personally, if you don't have the time to write results I'd much rather have summarized matches.  If I'm not going to enjoy the writing, at least make it SHORTER.

Triple B

We were toying around with a few different things on Full House a few years back.  I had never used Zeus Pro, and wanted to give it a try.  I think we ran with it for a little under 2 months, and then abandoned it.  The roster at that point had ballooned up to over 70, and I was pulling out my hair trying to figure out how to write matches and still have time for sex and drinking, and I was getting sick and tired of people joining to either no-show their first match, or RP for the first one and leave.  It was a HORRIBLE time for that with me, and I decided I wasn't going to bust my ass for people who were fucking me around.  I believe it was RIGHT after The VWF came to the forefront of the Roughkut world, and I had everybody and their brother joining up.  Seriously.  I had a bunch of brothers joining.  Real AND Black.  Other than that, 11 years of handwritten results in various forms of suckery and awesomeness.

Honestly, I had more hope for the thing.  I had to edit the things so much, that I realized I spent just as much time writing a match.  Since then, I've come to the conclusion that they really do kind of suck, and it takes too much work to make them mediocre.

I can understand why people use them though.  I'm still paranoid to this day that nobody reads a fucking thing written anywhere, because I STILL to this day get "When's the RP deadline" questions e-mailed/IMed/PMed to me.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Excaligore

I would definitely join a fed if it had handwritten results. I mean, literal handwritten though, not typed or anything.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Excallicliff on February 01, 2010, 04:08:41 AM
I would definitely join a fed if it had handwritten results. I mean, literal handwritten though, not typed or anything.

Well I tell you what we can fly Sam to your house for you to fight him in your back yard and I will write down the findings and post them out to everyone via mail. Postal service hopefully being on song... ;)
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Excaligore

Quote from: 'The Lame' Ian Est Credible on February 01, 2010, 09:05:16 AM
Well I tell you what we can fly Sam to your house for you to fight him in your back yard and I will write down the findings and post them out to everyone via mail. Postal service hopefully being on song... ;)

I don't have a backyard but I am willing to buy some tights if need be. Would a kitchen brawl work? My kitchen is say only probably three feet wide but there's pans and things in there for weapons.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Based on Sam being a little bit of a girl...he can whip us up some post match snacks whilst I write. Its a done deal.

Russ

Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Zombie Gunn

LMAO!  This will be the opening presentation of Efed-Con 2010.  Ian can read the hand-written play by play on stage with a bass playing in the background and we'll all snap our fingers.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I can do a dramatic reading with sound effects a poor version of that guy from Police Academy...

QuoteAnd the warrios walked down the aisle from the living room to the kitchen....the confinds of unforgiving wallpaper and utensils around them...the sound of Sam's two dollar trainers did this...

SLIP SLIP

on the grotty floor of Cliff's 3 foot by 3 foot Kitchen of Doom..

Triple B

I believe it would be funnier if it was recited with Ian wearing a smoking jacket and smoking a pipe in front of a fire, ala Masterpiece Theater.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.