News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Riots in UK

Started by Judge, August 09, 2011, 09:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Someone better sort their shit out if I miss the first week of EPL Games, I'll come back to the "mother" land and kick some ass.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Russ

We went one better and burnt all our footstools to death in the furniture shops though.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Rob

Crystal Palace, West Ham and Reading all had games cancelled... Though the Leeds game and the cricket went ahead....

Right now I couldn't give two flying fucks about whether the football starts, I just want the riots to end and no more innocent people to lose their life's.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

And credit to Millwall fans not travelling to Plymouth and defending their streets. Hats off to them

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Rob on August 10, 2011, 06:38:49 PM
Right now I couldn't give two flying fucks about whether the football starts, I just want the riots to end and no more innocent people to lose their life's.

QFT mate. Given that our nations capital has been under siege for the best part of a week and all the shit thats gone down in Bristol, Liverpool, Nottingham, Manchester and Birmingham, its kind of gay to be worried whether the fucking Premiership is on this weekend...seeing as people have died and lost their livelyhoods.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

I guess thats my ignorance....I've only seen a video of two on youtube....didnt know anyone died, just thought it was looting and fire...we had that in Vancouver back a few months ago.

Still hope the sort shit out soon though

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ty

@Cory, despite the riots, I still think Luongo will suck it up next year.

Rob

Regardless of whether it's JUST fires and looting it is still a disgusting thing to happen and something much bigger than football. You seem to be glossing over just how many business, homes and cars have been destroyed by these fires and looting spree's. Precautions are having to be taken to ensure people don't die..
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on August 10, 2011, 09:46:13 PM
I guess thats my ignorance....I've only seen a video of two on youtube....didnt know anyone died, just thought it was looting and fire...we had that in Vancouver back a few months ago.

Still hope the sort shit out soon though

Yeah sorry I got a bit heated there mate. Its just pretty testing times for us in the UK in terms of our tempers being short with regards to this going on. Call it frustration and being ashamed of what we have seen.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

England Riots Arrests: At least 888 people arrested in London. At least 157 people arrested in the West Midlands. At least 145 people detained in Greater Manchester. At least 84 people arrested in Nottinghamshire. At least 50 people arrested on Merseyside. At least 24 people held by Avon and Somerst Police!!

Adam Wrong

Its dyin down thankfully but its great to see libya spin it

PWS Revolution

For those who are worrying about the football, don't. The Premier League have issued a statement this afternoon confirming all games except for Spurs vs Everton will go ahead as planned this weekend. Personally think it's a great thing, nothing takes people's minds off of tragedy for a few hours in this country quite like football. Plus with any luck the football lads will give the rioters a good kicking on their way to and from the games this weekend, I certainly won't hesitate to smack a few on the way to West Brom if we come across any!  :P

The Janitor

you dont think the looters will mostly be football hooligans? Fuck, if their team loses and with emptions so high anyway it's a powder keg. I bloody hate football, not the game (which i think is just dumb and unbelievably over financed) but the ''patriotism'' towards the teams. Mind you, i live in Scotland, and we're the worst for it, so i'm proberbly bias. I just think that the football will do the exact opposite of take peoples mind off it.

PWS Revolution

Quote from: The Janitor on August 11, 2011, 11:15:55 AM
you dont think the looters will mostly be football hooligans? Fuck, if their team loses and with emptions so high anyway it's a powder keg. I bloody hate football, not the game (which i think is just dumb and unbelievably over financed) but the ''patriotism'' towards the teams. Mind you, i live in Scotland, and we're the worst for it, so i'm proberbly bias. I just think that the football will do the exact opposite of take peoples mind off it.

Absolutely not. Maybe in Scotland where a lot of the people who cause trouble at football are the same ones that hang around street corners taking drugs and victimising the elderly, but there's a clear difference here between those who disrespect society the way these rioters are and those lads who just enjoy a good scrap on a saturday. None of the hooligan lads I know condone the rioting at all, in fact they're pretty angry about it because they're hard working tax payers like the rest of us.

The Janitor

yeah, englands a different world then. Don't get me wrong, i'm not lumping ALL football fans in with the rioters, i'm just saying that it takes a certain mentality to fuck shit up for little reason, and yes, here that describes football hooligans perfectly.

Not trying to marry one with the other, i just can't see how the games being on is going to help the situation