News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

No More Holding Out.

Started by Niddy, January 17, 2009, 10:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niddy

Alright, I have some recipes to share.. so if you like latin based items, then I'm your girl.

Here's a stew base that you can add with either chicken, beef chunks, or ox tail.

You'll need:
1 small can of tomato sauce, not spaghetti sauce, but plain tomato sauce. 
1 white or red onion (preferably white)
green/red pepper
fresh string beans
cilantro
crushed garlic, or garlic powder
3 potatoes

Fill water into a pot, and stir in the can of tomato sauce.  Once the water starts boiling, you can add whichever meat you prefer.  I recommend that they're lightly seasoned (or just add salt and pepper on them) before you put it inside the pot. 

Next, add in the chopped onion, garlic, and cilantro.  After the meat is tender, add the peppers, string beans and potatoes.  The potatoes are a big part of this recipe, because it gives the stew some texture.  While all of this is going on, taste the stew ever so often for flavor.  Everyone has a preference with salt contents, so add until it pleases you. 

It's best to cook this under low heat on the stove (which takes about 2 hours, give or take a few minutes), or if your kitchen is pimped out, the slow cooker works too.

I usually make this with a side of white rice and a house salad.

Next recipe is real basic.

Eggs can seem very boring to eat in the morning, so I make 'em southwestern or texmex style. (not sure what category it really fits)

Get yourself:
2-4 eggs
1/2 white onion
1/2 tomato
green pepper
tostitos nacho chips

Add oil (preferably olive oil) to a warm skillet, then add the chopped onions, and green peppers.  Next, add the tortilla chips and stir things around until the nachos start to turn into a golden brown.  After, crack some eggs and scramble them inside a cup or bowl and then add it into the skillet, followed by the tomato.  Mix things around and add a small amount of salt and a pinch of pepper (you won't need much because of the nachos)

this takes like 5 minutes to make, and it turns out really good.  If you like dip, have it with either guacamole, refried beans, or salsa.

OH and for the shake lovers.

I had this shake once at a restaurant not too far from here, and it's amazing imo.

You'll need:
Milk (2% is what I use)
Honey
CInnamon powder
Banana.. try to avoid using one that has black spots

Put the milk inside the blender, add 2 spoonfuls of honey, a dash of cinnamon powder, and the banana chunks.  COVER the blender with the lid, and let it blend for about 30-45 seconds.  If you like your shakes very cold, you can substitute the milk with vanilla frozen yoghurt or add ice to it.