News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

GOW - judging debate

Started by Mike Storm, April 28, 2009, 08:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

If someone wrote a 20k role play in the PWR, I'd kick them out the door. Honestly, there is no way in hell I'm sitting down and reading 20 THOUSAND words of something someone on the other side of the internet wrote. Point blank and simple.

I promise you there are handfuls and handfuls of people here that can beat someone with 10k written down, simply by busting out 1.5k words. EASILY. It's about talent. Writing a million words down doesn't take talent. It takes ridiculous amounts of free time and a bored fed head who is willing to read all of that. Show me a 20k word role play that's entertaining from start to finish. Yes, I said I'd never read one but I'm throwing that up, because it will never happen.

This is a reason why WAW failed the handful of times before. It's going to be a reason why this one fails as well. Sad part is, Jus will never realize it and open up another fed shortly after this one goes down.

Jus Huntley

Woah I didn't even finish reading your paragraph..

Is this what you guys all think?

WORDS?!?

HELL NO!!!

We are not grading 20,000 words... its characters... every letter, period, comma, space, enter... counts as a character.. NOT WORDS...

Russ

Words, characters, banana milkshakes, squashed flies, orphan tears.

End of the day; it sucks.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Brandon

That is a little different, but still the fact remains; you shouldn't award someone for writing more then someone else. There are people who can't afford to sit down and write as much as others, therefor it isn't a fair playing field.

Jus Huntley

Huge difference though... Words - 20k would be like 100,000 characters.. fuck that... thats why i take off points when they go over 20k.

And to respond to Rebel Child, the rules have changed, that's what this whole debate is about..

RickRampage

Yeah, I was the one who said to Jus it would be better if every 2k counted as one point. So, if you tell an amazing story and it is 100% amazing, you are completely capable of winning. The whole thing is that this is a place for people who are dedicated to telling the story of their character and not just changing everything in one segment and they go from face to heel. This place is about seeing the process and adding a full and complete story to your character. So, here is the example of a rather enjoyable roleplay that is 20k characters and is about 4000 words.

http://rickrampage.webs.com/thefallenangelmatch1.htm

Also, this is done on webs.com which allows me to make an amazingly beautiful roleplay appearance with the same amount of knowledge of making my text different colors, bold, or italic as you need to know to post on the boards.

jagilki

I'm thinking maybe we should take some of this debate and make a different thread for it. 

As it's unfair to guys fed to have all this crap here, yet this is a good debate.

Jus Huntley

Ya lol, this is a lil like.. ehh for me..

anyways.. on a side note..

1. I redid the forums
2. That sparked me to change the site drastically.
3. So after a good 6 hours worth of work everything is re colored and remade.

I feel it is messier, but funner than the white version.

Level-One

QuoteYeah, I was the one who said to Jus it would be better if every 2k counted as one point. So, if you tell an amazing story and it is 100% amazing, you are completely capable of winning. The whole thing is that this is a place for people who are dedicated to telling the story of their character and not just changing everything in one segment and they go from face to heel. This place is about seeing the process and adding a full and complete story to your character. So, here is the example of a rather enjoyable roleplay that is 20k characters and is about 4000 words.

You know, I was itching NOT to reply to this thread, but everyone else has, and it's too hard not too.

I write over 20k in characters; and sometimes I hate myself for it. Nonetheless, if you were the one behind the madness, read what you've written in bold; because it's oxymornish (Yes, I made it up). Who honestly can write a perfect role-play? I have never written a perfect role-play, nobody is this game has written a PERFECT role-play, so while you may not have meant that in the literal sense, you sure have made the gap between quantity over quality, playing in quantities favor. Which isn’t good?

Secondly, I have no idea what your talking about in terms of going from ''face to heel in one segment''; because I have read short role-plays that stayed true to their characters to the very end. If anything, you probably get lost the longer your write--not the other way around. To sum this up, I think majority of people are telling you to just AXE out extra points for making your role-play a certain length. It doesn't send the right message. If you believe longer role-plays tend to be better than shorter ones; than judge it through it content; and prove your case as such. Jus, if the length doesn't do much for the score; then why not remove it anyways? I mean, your really just shooting the dark here.

Draeden

Quote from: Jus Huntley on April 29, 2009, 03:38:01 PMDraedan was in my efed in 2005/2006 for 2/3 months... i think things have changed in the past 3 years..

Following your behaviour over at The Experts a few months ago... sir, I beg to differ.

The Murph

I have never, ever written an rp over 3000 in my entire life. I don't have the best win-loss record in the world, but the majority of time I have lost are to guys who had maybe a cpl of thousand words in an rp. So according to your idea of how an rp should be it should have been like a double disqualification or something because neither one of us had a big enough rp to make it quality.

Seriously, this is a stupid thread. If Jus doesn't want to take any advice and is quite happy with his rules that every single person here thinks is purely idiotic then let him keep them. He'll learn one day I'm sure.

Draeden

It's been a good few years already, I don't think there's much chance of any learning being done.

Duckman

He's banned now anyway.  The little asshole spammed the boards with stupid messages this afternoon. 

Just goes to prove there is no point in trying to change some people.  Guys like him and just born arseholes.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

chunkylover

Duckman, I'm loving the creativity with his account

That is quality

Gary

myeh..looks like Russ's myspace account

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.