News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Abortion doctor murdered in Wichita in CHURCH

Started by Tim-Æ, May 31, 2009, 05:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Level-One

The best term I can put this situation into--is like someone who comes into your store; with a gun ready to rob and or kill you. You shoot him in the face, and he dies.

You didn't want to kill him, it sucks that it happen--but the man was there to rob you.

Meh.

Conor

I will say, "Choose life or we'll kill you" is a pretty effective slogan.

The Murph

I think there's more to the story then what is being said. He was up on charges for unlawful practice. Perhaps he was guilty and performing late term abortions for no reason other then the female requesting it. If that's the case he did deserve anything he got. Especially where he's a father. At the cut off point for normal abortions they child is more then a fetus. It has thoughts and is alive. So to kill a child at, for example, 25 weeks is the exact same as murdering a 6 mth old child in a way. If you look at an ultrasound at 19 weeks you can see the baby moving around, sucking its thumb and just being alive.

Draeden

Quote from: Level-One on June 02, 2009, 08:27:01 PM
The best term I can put this situation into--is like someone who comes into your store; with a gun ready to rob and or kill you. You shoot him in the face, and he dies.

You didn't want to kill him, it sucks that it happen--but the man was there to rob you.

Meh.

Does teabagging him afterwards make you a bad person?

Russ

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, No.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

chunkylover

Quote from: Level-One on June 02, 2009, 08:27:01 PM

Meh.

I think it's more along the lines of.

Someone is using a gun to rob and kill a neighboring store, whose owner you don't know. You pull out a gun and shoot him, he dies.

As far as I'm concerned an eye for an eye is a wank arguement. Murder is wrong. Just reminding you. Also I'm amazed the number of people who said "he deserved it"...

Stevie Swing

Quote from: Matthew Murphy on June 02, 2009, 11:02:31 PM
I think there's more to the story then what is being said. He was up on charges for unlawful practice. Perhaps he was guilty and performing late term abortions for no reason other then the female requesting it. If that's the case he did deserve anything he got. Especially where he's a father. At the cut off point for normal abortions they child is more then a fetus. It has thoughts and is alive. So to kill a child at, for example, 25 weeks is the exact same as murdering a 6 mth old child in a way. If you look at an ultrasound at 19 weeks you can see the baby moving around, sucking its thumb and just being alive.

If I remember correctly, he was acquitted on all charges.

I'm not sure that being protested, having your clinic bombed, being shot in both arms, being called "Tiller the Baby Killer" on national TV by a nutjob and then being gunned down in your church is deserved by anybody, regardless on your view of his profession.

Big Gay Honker

I for one don't think he should have been gunned down at all.  Yes he was performing these late term abortions which I think is wrong.  BUT if there weren't people willing to use the service, there would be no need for that service.  I'm pro choice for everyone but my own family.  I HATE it when I read about some asshole forcing his beliefs on someone or killing them because of them. 

Excaligore

Kind of weird when you think about it. This guy will never be labeled a terrorist. We'll never stereotype Christians are terrorists because this man proves that some are. Yet, we'll stereotype Muslims completely as terrorists for isolated incidents. Ironic how prejudice phrases can be...

As for whether he deserved it or not. I've seen a lot of piece of shit kids out there. I've seen a lot of piece of shit adults out there who come from piece of shit kids. I know they come from somewhere. Most women get abortions because they believe at the stage they are incapable of raising such a child. If a woman doesn't have confidence in raising her child will she be there throughout his stages of development or will he become a delinquent? Will they be the assholes who throw beer cans in your driveways?

Besides, This man isn't fucking Josef Smeagle. It isn't as if he's killing kids against anybody's will. Sure, Late term abortions are immoral BUT his crime isn't being sadistic. It's simply greed. He isn't a baby killer he's just a greedy greedy doctor. Furthermore, on an unrelated note, If religious folk are really so distraught about what he does then why exactly did they even invent 'Hell'. The point of Hell is to be a place where people who get away with things go so you can live with people getting away with things. You know tell yourself "Aw, well, we'll be laughing at him when he's in Hell!"

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Excaligore on June 03, 2009, 02:10:39 PM
Furthermore, on an unrelated note, If religious folk are really so distraught about what he does then why exactly did they even invent 'Hell'. The point of Hell is to be a place where people who get away with things go so you can live with people getting away with things. You know tell yourself "Aw, well, we'll be laughing at him when he's in Hell!"

The thing about that is, the people that would want others to go to Hell are, eh...jerks. Generally speaking, Hell is a point no one should *have* to go to. My thing is, this guy should not have been killed because now he probably *is* going...and that sucks, big time.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Excaligore

Quote from: Legion on June 03, 2009, 02:23:31 PM
Furthermore, on an unrelated note, If religious folk are really so distraught about what he does then why exactly did they even invent 'Hell'. The point of Hell is to be a place where people who get away with things go so you can live with people getting away with things. You know tell yourself "Aw, well, we'll be laughing at him when he's in Hell!"

The thing about that is, the people that would want others to go to Hell are, eh...jerks. Generally speaking, Hell is a point no one should *have* to go to. My thing is, this guy should not have been killed because now he probably *is* going...and that sucks, big time.

Unless, however, he is to confess after every operation he's performed. Which is possible...

Anyway, my point is, you can't approach this as a reasonable person. You obviously are a reasonable person, Alex. You're thinking from a reasonable mindset. It's obvious that some people, especially people who kill others, don't. This killer obviously has some sort of feeling he's been cheated. Hell itself is a way to explain the lack of wrath on Earth, and in nature. I don't want to argue about that and I won't. but psychologically it can be used as a tool to help calm those who are worried about injustices on Earth. The point is, in the end, all scoundrels are said to get their due. But, it is God's will to punish the scoundrels, not yours.

That basic principle is what I'm going for.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Excaligore on June 03, 2009, 02:33:47 PM
Quote from: Legion on June 03, 2009, 02:23:31 PM

Unless, however, he is to confess after every operation he's performed. Which is possible...

Anyway, my point is, you can't approach this as a reasonable person. You obviously are a reasonable person, Alex. You're thinking from a reasonable mindset. It's obvious that some people, especially people who kill others, don't. This killer obviously has some sort of feeling he's been cheated. Hell itself is a way to explain the lack of wrath on Earth, and in nature. I don't want to argue about that and I won't. but psychologically it can be used as a tool to help calm those who are worried about injustices on Earth. The point is, in the end, all scoundrels are said to get their due. But, it is God's will to punish the scoundrels, not yours.

That basic principle is what I'm going for.

Def agreed on that.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Stevie Swing

What I want to know is this: What church did Tiller attend? They seem incredibly leniant.

Big Gay Honker

Quote from: Stevie Swing on June 03, 2009, 03:18:04 PM
What I want to know is this: What church did Tiller attend? They seem incredibly leniant.

Well not every church out there throws members out like the Catholics.

Drama Queen

Kind of weird when you think about it. This guy will never be labeled a terrorist. We'll never stereotype Christians are terrorists because this man proves that some are. Yet, we'll stereotype Muslims completely as terrorists for isolated incidents. Ironic how prejudice phrases can be...

As for whether he deserved it or not. I've seen a lot of piece of shit kids out there. I've seen a lot of piece of shit adults out there who come from piece of shit kids. I know they come from somewhere. Most women get abortions because they believe at the stage they are incapable of raising such a child. If a woman doesn't have confidence in raising her child will she be there throughout his stages of development or will he become a delinquent? Will they be the assholes who throw beer cans in your driveways?

Besides, This man isn't fucking Josef Smeagle. It isn't as if he's killing kids against anybody's will. Sure, Late term abortions are immoral BUT his crime isn't being sadistic. It's simply greed. He isn't a baby killer he's just a greedy greedy doctor. Furthermore, on an unrelated note, If religious folk are really so distraught about what he does then why exactly did they even invent 'Hell'. The point of Hell is to be a place where people who get away with things go so you can live with people getting away with things. You know tell yourself "Aw, well, we'll be laughing at him when he's in Hell!"

OK, you make good points Cliff, as usual but one thing I'd like to point out. I have not read about religious reasons being cited in this crime. It is possible to recognize the rights of the unborn without actually being religious. I feel this point is often completely overlooked.