News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

burning the Koran

Started by JD Storm, September 07, 2010, 11:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Storm

i'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet. a pastor in a small church in Georgia wants to burn copies of the Koran.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/quran_burning

this leads me to ask what the fuck is this guy thinking? seriously, it's one thing to not like a religious group. it's quite another to go & even consider burning their holy book. i know i wasn't all that crazy about the Muslims building a "center" near Ground Zero and all that shit. while i say that, i really need to speak on my displeasure with this idea. there are just some lines you don't cross, no matter what your views are on another person or group.

RickRampage

Yeah, the pastor and the church are in Florida, not Georgia; just thought I'd throw that out there.

Zombie Gunn

I'm tired of reading about stupid ideas by stupid people and the reactions they get from non-stupid people.  The guy wants attention and is a moron.

Triple B

I was listening to the radio today, and they were interviewing him.  Gen Petraious stated that this would put troops in danger.  When asked about if he cared if it would get troops killed, he said "We're praying on it."  When asked to elaborate if they were praying for guidance, he wouldn't say they might not do it.

He's an attention whore.  He's a moron.  I've seen him interviewed a couple times, and he's such a blabbering fool he could be elected Gov of Arizona (SEE WHAT I DID THERE???)

However...

If he goes through with this... at the LEAST it will make Muslims target soldiers even more.  At the worst, there will be an attack at his rally or church or on himself.  More likely, it will increase the recruitment for terrorists.  We're trying to win the hearts and minds of Muslims across the world.  This will put us back another few years, easy.

It's just like here, when we see video of Muslims burning American flags.  It's a few hundred at a time or a few thousand total, out of billions of people.  But Americans just assume that it's all Muslims.

They'll do the same.  They'll assume that all Americans are burning the Koran.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Mark Mania

Yeah, show me where in the Bible it says that you must burn the religious works of other religions than Christianity.

Give me a break. The guy is just a moron.

Zombie Gunn

Quote from: Mark "Geezer" Mania on September 08, 2010, 08:59:16 AM
Yeah, show me where in the Bible it says that you must burn the religious works of other religions than Christianity.

Give me a break. The guy is just a moron.

Sounds like Old Testament, but that's not really the point.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Zombie Gunn: The Sequel on September 08, 2010, 10:24:35 AM
Sounds like Old Testament, but that's not really the point.

Maybe, but Jesus preached a new covenant. "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:34-35)

This guy is probably just seeking attention, but is more likely misconstruing the Bible...again. Great, just what Christianity needs...another guy who thinks he has it all figured out. (sigh)

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Mark Mania

A friend of mine lives in Gainesville and she told me that this church always does stupid shit like this.

Apparently they sent the kids to the youth group in shirts that said "Islam is of the Devil" and then protested the school when all the kids got sent home.

Also, I don't know if anyone saw, but apparently this pastor was kicked out of his past church because he was dipping into the churches money to pay his own expenses.

This guy is more than an attention whore, he's just a bad, bad guy.

Level-One

If lifes are in danger, the blood is on the MEDIA'S hand for hyping this BULLSHIT story, about some moron who is obviously looking to seek out attention, despite how negative it is. The mainstream media hyped this story, knowing exactly the reaction that would come out of it, beforehand. No different from the MOSQUE; only this time, it's all the more blantant and stomach turning.

Gary

Didnt Nazi's burn books that weren't pro-hitler?

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Zombie Gunn

Quote from: Vintage Gary on September 09, 2010, 01:09:37 AM
Didnt Nazi's burn books that weren't pro-hitler?

I think that's the point.  The guy would get a swastika tattooed on his forehead if he thought it would get him on TV.

Triple B

Let's....

Let's keep him away from Kat Von Deese.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jon Tees

Religious books don’t really make alot of sense to me. There are many contradiction in them for example. “Doing this in this situation is ok but doing it in that situation is grounds for eternal damnation.” “This isn’t a sin on Monday-Thursday but its a sin Friday-Sunday and is along the same lines as murder if committed on certain days at such and such a time.” Stuff like this. But that said burning the book will only serve to piss alot more Muslims off and ultimately make matters worse.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Hondo

Quote from: Pastor AlexK on September 08, 2010, 12:20:00 PM
Maybe, but Jesus preached a new covenant. "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:34-35)

This guy is probably just seeking attention, but is more likely misconstruing the Bible...again. Great, just what Christianity needs...another guy who thinks he has it all figured out. (sigh)

This.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

T-Bonizzle

I hope this guy doesn't know how to start a fire and fails miserably.