News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Last Night's Boxing

Started by Duckman, November 14, 2010, 04:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

So anyone else shell out £15 for that complete joke of a fight between David Haye and Ordinary Harrison??  I said all along I wasn't going to buy it, from the first day they announced the fight.  A-Farce is just that.  The guy is a joke, I said Haye would kill him inside 5 and the fight was pointless.  Then all the promos and all the hype started doing their job and I finally cracked at 10pm last night and bought the fight.  WHAT A FUCKING WASTE OF TIME!

Harrison literally threw two punches, one of which connected.  I have never seen someone so scared to box.  The guy talked himself up so much and delivered absolutely nothing - like he's done in every other fight apart from the lucky punch he caught Sprott with that ko'ed him and got Harrison the fight with Haye.

Glad Haye just blasted him out of there in 3 rounds but it was such a mismatch.  If Haye wants credibility as a World Champ at HW he needs to fight the Kitchsko Bros.  No fucking around on contract terms anymore.  Get them in the ring and for the love of God beat them both!  Not sure if he will but I'd love to see it, those two have choked the life out of the HW Titles for too long.

So after that shit I watched Pacquiao vs. Margarito which was a really great fight.  Pacman is just a class above everyone and is definitely the best pound for pound fighter of my life time.  I've never seen anyone box better.  Margarito has such warrior spirit and to stay in for the distance after taking that beating says it all.  The guy is all heart.  Even with the big weight difference Pacquiao was unstoppable.

I just hope, like Haye, he can get round the table and get the fight the sport needs - Pacquiao vs. Mayweather.  Although after that performance I don't expect Mayweather to be jumping to the table to sign!

So quite a shit night with Haye and Harrison but Manny Pacquiao saved the night.

The guy is a fucking legend.  No doubt.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Exact reason I didnt buy it is I knew he'd kill him within 4 rounds...

Your right he needs more credibility.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jerry McClean

I watched them both.

Thankfully didn't pay for Best of Enemies all on my own. Just put in £1 (still 33p per round - 2 of which had nothing in) because someone won £50 on a 3rd round KO and said he'd pay the rest. Haye was clearly a class above but he knew that. They both did. The trash talk was just what it was...to drag people like yourself, Duckman, into paying for the fight. Haye would have made loads off that fight and got hit on the head with a jab once. For Haye it was a clever fight to do. Made money, hasn't hurt his image, and won't hurt his negotiating for unification bouts.

Totally agree about Pacquiao though. The man was absolutely awesome. He was even clapping his opponent for the punches that he hit! Margarito proved to be a warrior but he was simply blown away. He couldn't get close to a man who is a true legend. No doubt about it.

Marq

It doesn't pay to fuck with Manny Pacquiao.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Duckman

Never have truer words been spoken!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.